Conservatives Are Playing A Blinder.

Stuart Dickson

I love a ruffle bar. A few years ago they were selling them in pineapple variety. I believe it also came in Tangerine and also lemon and lime varieties.

jamesonsorangeruffle.jpg

bar_rufflelemon_front_0505.jpg

Lemon and lime sounds okay, but pineapple? With chocolate? That's an obscenity.

I procured it from Nibbles in Johnston Street. You also get a free fun size chocolate bar. Their pink coconut cake wasn't that good though, I knew that I should have went for the caramel shortcake.

Excellent; noted for future reference and will be investigated upon my next visit to Paisley.

ETA:- You should ALWAYS go for caramel shortcake.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Got a cooked breakfast on the flight to London this morning, always amazes me that they can give you something that tasty on a plane. Flight back was disappointing, choice was shortbread, crisps or popcorn. What happened to the peanuts, it's a scandal!

And why is it that I only ever drink tomato juice when I'm on a plane?

Lunch was pretty good but I'll save that for another time.

Edited by salmonbuddie

Got a cooked breakfast on the flight to London this morning, always amazes me that they can give you something that tasty on a plane. Flight back was disappointing, choice was shortbread, crisps or popcorn. What happened to the peanuts, it's a scandal!

And why is it that I only ever drink tomato juice when I'm on a plane?

Lunch was pretty good but I'll save that for another time.

won't it go cold?1eye.gif

If you're flying to London with British Airways and are offered the wee basket of goodies with your coffee - choose the biscuits that are half-covered in lemon flavoured white chocolate... Scrummy with yer' cuppa'.

British Airways cooked breakfast has a decent sausage IMHO, but the bacon is rubbery and squidgy. Difficult to do a good crispy bacon on an aeroplane I guess.

Still, at least this has turned into a decent thread.

If you're flying to London with British Airways and are offered the wee basket of goodies with your coffee - choose the biscuits that are half-covered in lemon flavoured white chocolate... Scrummy with yer' cuppa'.

British Airways cooked breakfast has a decent sausage IMHO, but the bacon is rubbery and squidgy. Difficult to do a good crispy bacon on an aeroplane I guess.

Still, at least this has turned into a decent thread.

On RwandAir last week the breakfast menu claimed to include scrambled egg. It wasn't. It was one giant congealed square omelette made of rubber that the plastic knife given could barely cut through. The hash brown was nice though.

On RwandAir last week the breakfast menu claimed to include scrambled egg. It wasn't. It was one giant congealed square omelette made of rubber that the plastic knife given could barely cut through. The hash brown was nice though.

If the omelette was made of rubber, I wouldn't touch anything they called a 'hash brown'. Who knows, eh?

If the omelette was made of rubber, I wouldn't touch anything they called a 'hash brown'. Who knows, eh?

Same with MacDonalds.

Tried one once.

That was some nasty stuff.

On the positive side I managed to use the hash brown to sand down the door on my shed.

I smoked the second hash brown. To be honest I can't see what the fuss is about.

I didn't get a high at all.

Same with MacDonalds.

Tried one once.

That was some nasty stuff.

On the positive side I managed to use the hash brown to sand down the door on my shed.

I smoked the second hash brown. To be honest I can't see what the fuss is about.

I didn't get a high at all.

McDonalds is OK. It's couscous we should be concerned about. What the fcuk is that shit? Can I use it as an alternative to cat litter?

Edited by pozbaird

McDonalds is OK. It's couscous we should be concerned about. What the fcuk is that shit? Can I use it as an alternative to cat litter?

I'm eating a salad at this very moment that contains couscous.

Now, I can't confirm that it is eating couscous that has made me the ridiculously handsome and formidably intelligent man that I am, but it certainly hasn't done any harm.

I'm eating a salad at this very moment that contains couscous.

Now, I can't confirm that it is eating couscous that has made me the ridiculously handsome and formidably intelligent man that I am, but it certainly hasn't done any harm.

Careful on the way home. You could fart and roughcast someone's house.

I just ate some tuna pasta, was decent enough biggrin.png

Here's one for ye:-

Boil up some pasta.

Chop up a chicken breast.

Dice half an onion.

Slice up half a green or red pepper.

Some virgin oil in a pan then stick the chicken in and stir it till the skin is sealed.

Then add some garlic puree to your taste and stir round.

Shove in the onion and keep stirring.

Then add some chilli flakes/powder/lazy stuff ye get in a jar and stir some more.

Add the pepper and stir enough to get them warmed but still crispy.

Drain the pasta, add the lot the gather and stir round then wolf it doon wi' the drink of your choice.

As an aside you could stick in some pesto at the end up an' aw. Nice wee number, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Here's one for ye:-

Boil up some pasta.

Chop up a chicken breast.

Dice half an onion.

Slice up half a green or red pepper.

Some virgin oil in a pan then stick the chicken in and stir it till the skin is sealed.

Then add some garlic puree to your taste and stir round.

Shove in the onion and keep stirring.

Then add some chilli flakes/powder/lazy stuff ye get in a jar and stir some more.

Add the pepper and stir enough to get them warmed but still crispy.

Drain the pasta, add the lot the gather and stir round then wolf it doon wi' the drink of your choice.

As an aside you could stick in some pesto at the end up an' aw. Nice wee number, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Fancy trying that. Here's another one, which I saw Antonio Carlucio make on telly once. He despairs at Brits throwing the kitchen sink at makng bolognese by adding tons of ingredients. Here's the simple way he does it. The secret is half pork mince and half steak mince. Try this - it's braw'...

1 x 400g tray beef mince

1 x 400g tray pork mince

1x chopped garlic clove

1x chopped medium onion

1x bottle plain tomato pomodoro - no herbs in it

Salt & black pepper to taste

1...Splash of olive oil in big frying pan

2....Throw in both mince packets, the onion and garlic. Mix thoroughly over low heat until browned.

3... Add bottle of pomodoro, stir through.

4...Add small shake of salt and black pepper. Stir and simmer gently for 40 min.

Serve on top of simple boiled pasta. Add parmesan cheese on top and have a nice glass of red wine and some garlic bread with it. Make this and the missus' will be impressed. An absolute doddle.

I see Salmond and Sturgeon are calling on UK MP's not to back airstrikes in Syria and they suggest that increased diplomacy is the solution. Great. I've got an idea. Lets send Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon over to Syria to talk sense into those ISIS troops and Bashir al-Assad and lets see just how they get on. bangin.gif