Conservatives Are Playing A Blinder.

Stuart Dickson

Hasn't it been good watching the Conservative Party in action in recent weeks and seeing the contrast with the shambles that pervades the opposition.

First they battered the SNP. They swatted the little midge that is Nicola Sturgeon using a smart piece of footwork before bringing down the rolled up copy of The Sun down on her head offering the SNP full control of Scotlands taxes. This prompted questions from the media. If the SNP were going to protect work shy benefit craving Scots from the welfare reform that will be put in place around the rest of the UK, where were the SNP going to raise the money to cover the shortfall. That prompted John Swinney to move into reverse gear claiming that he might now not want to accept control of Scottish taxes saying it might be a bad deal for Scotland. Worse still for the SNP Swinney also confessed that the SNP were now going to go into the Scottish Elections with a proposal to INCREASE Income Tax for Scots - a policy that has never proved popular in the history of politics.

Now they've got Labour where they want them too. Corbyn and O'Donnell have now joined Angus Robertson in opposing George Osbournes plans for a Charter on Budget Responsibility. Laughably the official Labour and SNP stance is that the UK should continue to spend more than it can raise in taxes in years of economic growth. How can either party now be taken seriously when it comes to any argument on the economy when they fail to understand the basics that you simply cannot continue to spend more than you earn year on year?

And of course this has all be made even more enjoyable as the SNP squirm over revelations that their Business Spokesperson was being investigated by police over some "dodgy" property deals she did five years ago. Claims that they weren't aware of Michelle Thompsons past hold no credibility at all, especially when a party that claim to be championing the cause of the poor had selected and promoted this lady whilst knowing that her business was to buy property off financially desperate people at rock bottom prices to sell on for massive profit - sometimes within 24 hours of completing the purchase.

Then there's the car crash that is Fiona Hyslop now coming under intense scrutiny over her dealings with DF Concerts. First it was revealed that the Scottish Government awarded a £150,000 grant to DF Concerts to help fund T In the Park this year. Hyslop claimed that it was to stop DF Concerts from relocating the festival to England but that's been rubbished by Geoff Ellis, Chief Executive of DF Concerts. Then it's emerged that Hyslop failed to mention to MSPs that she - as Culture Secretary - paid £1m of taxpayers money through quango Visit Scotland to host a post referendum party at SSE Hydro last year.

And then of course back at the Labour Party new Deputy Leader Tom Watson is coming under intense scrutiny as his claims over a VIP paedophile ring at Dolphin Square were shown by BBC's Panorama programme to rely solely on an unreliable and possibly even pressurised witness who now claims that his story was a "joke to start with". The programme even alleged that Watson was more interested in using the story to promote his own political career than he was in any form of justice. #

Then there was the excellent BBC2 programme - Don't Panic - where world famous statistician Professor Hans Rosling - showed how anyone earning more than $1 US per day is not in poverty, that UK citizens were all actually extremely rich, and that poverty levels around the globe are in serious decline and that there is every likely hood that we can abolish poverty around the world within the next 15 years regardless of Nicola Sturgeon's bluster. How stupid do those left wing politicians look when the clips of UK residents claiming poverty on the programme were moaning that they were poor because they couldn't afford to eat anything other than Cornflakes when in Malawi kids are often expected to live off of just one meal a day......and only then if the Maize crop was good enough to sustain them through the "Hunger Season".

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I'm having a smoothie I made fresh this morning for lunch today. I say fresh, but had to use frozen fruit, as the fresh stuff available just now is overpriced, was obviously frozen for transit, and has a shelf-life of 10 minutes.

I did use a fresh banana, of course.

ETA - anyone tried avocado in a smoothie?

Edited by Drew

I'm having a smoothie I made fresh this morning for lunch today. I say fresh, but had to use frozen fruit, as the fresh stuff available just now is overpriced, was obviously frozen for transit, and has a shelf-life of 10 minutes.

I did use a fresh banana, of course.

ETA - anyone tried avocado in a smoothie?

Interesting. Do you - ahem - advocadoate it....? whistling.gif

Tories, Stuart D and the English Rugby and Football teams have a lot in common

1. Arrogant

2. See and say what they want to say

3. Consider themselves elitist

4. Talentless and self absorbed

5, Infight and destroy their own

6. Always take their opponents lightly

7. Assume everything

8. End up being losers

9. Everyone thinks they are tossers

Interesting. Do you - ahem - advocadoate it....? whistling.gif

Not tried it yet. I got to thinking about it while making guacamole last night. I suppose its a fruit, after all, but I wonder about the final consistency. A potential match for baby shite?

I know what you mean. The price of grapes, especially, has fair shot up recently. When I say "shot up", I don't mean in the way the OP apparently has.

I'm not 100% sold on grapes in smoothies. Possibly something to do with the skin.

Tories, Stuart D and the English Rugby and Football teams have a lot in common

1. Arrogant

2. See and say what they want to say

3. Consider themselves elitist

4. Talentless and self absorbed

5, Infight and destroy their own

6. Always take their opponents lightly

7. Assume everything

8. End up being losers

9. Everyone thinks they are tossers

That list actually describes SNP supporters.

The SNP are the Scottish equivalent if UKIP, racist little Scotlanders.

SNP supporters are political Old Firm supporters!

Not tried it yet. I got to thinking about it while making guacamole last night. I suppose its a fruit, after all, but I wonder about the final consistency. A potential match for baby shite?

Well, that I can't say as it's not a delicacy I've ever tried however I suppose guacamole is actually some form of smoothie before they ever became popular. Hmmmm; I'm now diving off at a tangent and wondering if Dairylea cheese spread is a sort of cheese smoothie.

I'm not 100% sold on grapes in smoothies. Possibly something to do with the skin.

I usually refer to this as "wine"......

Ayrshire saints post on this thread really does highlight the support the SNP gets from 'Old Firm' type of politics supporter.

If the SNP's policies are really that great then the will benefit Stuart. Indeed, the SNP's right wing, middle class favouring policies probably help Stuart far more than they'll ever help Ayrshire Saint.

However...

1. Ayrshire Saint doesn't get this

And

2. He doesn't actually care...

He just wants to support the winning team!

#thichasfcuk (just for the typo police)

Well played, Buddies! smile.png

If I was at all minded to support SNP I'd also utterly avoid responding to any of the points Herr Dixon raised.

Most of us have him on ignore and no one has quoted his pish so , we don't have to know . .

The problem I face is that no matter what you put in a smoothie , if you also add a banana then it will end up tasting of banana. .phone.gif