Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

I believe that he nails bits of wood together in his shed for a living, evidently he's well qualified.

To be fair he isnt the only f**king lunatic out there who mistakes Bobs Blog for actual science.

You have to laugh though. The idea of any of the Trifecta of nosferatu, Dicko or Reynard pretending they have the slightest idea about acid rain, climate change or renewables is funny enough but its the utter and genuine CONVICTION that they understand these issues without any education between the 3 of them that results in soiled breeks every time they post.

95% of scientists working in the field think climate change is man made and we are on the verge of unrecoverable catastrophe but its OK because Reynard is rushing round like a modern day hippy screaming "CONSPIRACY! Its Ok lads we have PLENTY OF TIME. Nuclear Fusion is just 300 years away. Bobs Blog says so". Apparently its all of us who are thick.

Lunatic :-D

It was these mutually exclusive claims in the article that tickled me most. After reading these I decided that it was definitely firmly in the realm of airy-fairyness.

"analysts in the know such as ourselves believed firmly it would survive"

and

"One thing analysts unanimously agreed upon was that US fracking was immensely set back, if not finished."

He claims to be an analyst so, if analysts unanimously agreed that it might be finished, he must have agreed with that but had already claimed that he believed firmly that it would survive.

So it will either survive or not survive - even Nostradamus wouldn't have put his name to that bloody statement of the obvious. It's one way to always be right, I suppose.

Another bad day for Reynard. lol.gif

I'm even hearing the bizarre phrase "Data Scientist" being used to describe these people.

I checked up on what that meant. A friend of mine even took an interview.

Apparently the focus is on not spending ages delving into the true causes of trends but to simply find data correlations and publish that. They are actively discouraged from delving too deeply because it takes too much time. What kind of bullshit pseudo-scientific pish is this?

Data Analysts are not scientists.

It's barely a job at all. It's unbelievable the levels of utter shite customers will willingly pay huge sums for.

The sooner Reynard realises that, the better.

Edited by oaksoft

What was the price the UK Government were assuming less than two months ago?

Hint, somewhere between $104 & $38

Yes within two months they couldn't even assume it would be as low as it is now.

But then again its no surprise as they did claim we would be deficit free now.

How many billions has that cost us just this year so far?

http://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/7221

As the IFS mentions here it matters considerably more to a tiny little proposed country like Scotland. And as it says there, estimating things like the price of oil is difficult. I reckon this WAS pointed out continually to the ear biting nationalists. But they reckoned it was then "a bonus". They presented a shoddy plan and it was rejected on the grounds of being too risky and too stupid. Thats why its all over. Eventually you'll possibly realise you're now being taken for a ride by some politicians. But I wont hold my breath.

I don't know. Why?

Lets keep it on oil and gas just now. Of which there is an absolute abundance and which means there's no pressure to rush into utter follies like windmills and crap like that. Time is very much on our side to actually come up with carbon free stuff that works. The link I sent you, and which you are still whining about , shows that its being worked on.

Just enjoy some cheap energy for once you sad c**t.

Is it really? Maybe in terms of finding technology before the oil runs out, but there is NO time left to prevent furthter environmental damage that may never be reversed.

There are more imperatives on the need to find new generation sources than simply the projected oil & gas reserves. Think about energy security as well as price.

We already have renewable technology that actually works that needs to be refined and improved-we should be concentrating on that. The future is a combo of solar, wind, tidal and geo-thermal. O&G only works as part of the mix if carbon capture and storage can be made to work

The SNP lost the referendum over the currency issue.

It had nothing to do with bloody oil.

They lost it on the economy failing to convince the majority that we would be financially better off. This included the doubts over currency and the complete and utter over reliance on a high oil price among other things.

We now know ofcourse that the heroic 55% saved Scotland from the third world country we would have been if the idiotic 45% got its way.

They lost it on the economy failing to convince the majority that we would be financially better off. This included the doubts over currency and the complete and utter over reliance on a high oil price among other things.

Bollox.

Absolutely nobody voted No because of oil. It was barely a consideration.

It was all about currency. The lack of a coherent plan on that sunk the campaign.

End of story.

Unlike you, some of us can actually remember what happened 18 months ago.

Bollox.

Absolutely nobody voted No because of oil. It was barely a consideration.

It was all about currency. The lack of a coherent plan on that sunk the campaign.

End of story.

Unlike you, some of us can actually remember what happened 18 months ago.

I voted No cause of the ridiculous reliance on a high oil price so you're wrong. I even posted about it regularly on here and got the stock Natsi answer that Scotland must be the only country where oil is a curse so you are wrong. Edited by Stuart Dickson

While we would still be part of the UK no matter the result? You know, the exact way things are just now. So, why do you think we are living in a third world country just now?

Deary me.

This almost ranks alongside your premium bond post for stupidity!

A yes vote would obviously have an impact, even before actual separation.

Doh! :1eye

Deary me.

This almost ranks alongside your premium bond post for stupidity!

A yes vote would obviously have an impact, even before actual separation.

Doh! 1eye.gif

He keeps on peddling this nonsense as though somehow the oil price will recover before what was the proposed date of separation. It just goes to show Alex Salmond wasn't the only one of these fools living in la la land. :rolleyes:

Jim Sillars has always been a politician I've admired. I can't agree with his politics, but fair play to him for going against the SNP leadership and announcing that he will campaign for an Independent UK in the forthcoming European Referendum.

I never could see how a proper Nationalist could campaign for Independence from the UK only to then campaign for Scotland to be dominated and dictated to by the rest of Europe. And although I think the UK will be better served by remaining IN Europe, I can admire Sillars and his personal conviction to consistency.

Edited by Stuart Dickson