Our Commercial Director - Ian Henderson

Just a wee reminder from almost a year ago:

Ian said I am hugely excited at the opportunity to take on the challenges of the Commercial Department and I am conscious that any success coming from the commercial activities at the Club can help to build success on the park"

So just how are things going since his appointment,has anyone heard any update on his progress at the club?

I'm not having a go at him, I just haven't heard anything from him and what he has done to improve commercial revenue in the past year.

How about a match day laundrette service?

launderette?

you've lost me

Our last commercial director came up with that one if I remember correctly. Bring yer scants down before the game and they would be washed and dried foe the final whistle? Can't quite remember the details. Would be a total money spinner this season mind you. At least he thought outside the box.

Our last commercial director came up with that one if I remember correctly. Bring yer scants down before the game and they would be washed and dried foe the final whistle? Can't quite remember the details. Would be a total money spinner this season mind you. At least he thought outside the box.

Just in time for you to drop your newly wet knickers off !!

Surely the biggest commercial success of recent times was turning the place into a mini Sellik Park? It's hard to criticise the BoD for allowing Celtic to own our place. Let's be honest Falkirk and fcuking Livingston own it now. Everyone gets a shot.

Edited by pozbaird

Surely the biggest commercial success of recent times was turning the place into a mini Sellik Park? It's hard to criticise the BoD for allowing Celtic to own our place. Let's be honest Falkirk and fcuking Livingston own it now. Everyone gets a shot.

The Celtic thing was yet another "do stuff...but only if we like it" moment, just as Ian's player fund idea has quickly become "our budget is shit...f**ked if I'm helping". Two very good reasons why fan ownership will not work. Under FO, commercial success would be driven by all of us with a small group being custodians on the board. So, maybe the real question should be how many ideas have we forwarded on to the new director and has he progressed any?

So, maybe the real question should be how many ideas have we forwarded on to the new director and has he progressed any?

Seriously?

So Ian hendersons job is to add 'directorship of a professional football club ' to his CV, sit back and expect the paying supporters to do his role?

Does someone peel grapes for him on match days also?

The Celtic thing was yet another "do stuff...but only if we like it" moment, just as Ian's player fund idea has quickly become "our budget is shit...f**ked if I'm helping". Two very good reasons why fan ownership will not work. Under FO, commercial success would be driven by all of us with a small group being custodians on the board. So, maybe the real question should be how many ideas have we forwarded on to the new director and has he progressed any?

Personally, hiring the stadium to Celtic never particularly bothered me, and I posted so at the time. What did bother me was that it would appear the BoD never gave a thought to the fact that suddenly seeing Celtic signage go up at our stadium would rile St Mirren supporters.

It's almost like the thought didn't register with them. Two minutes to draft a short notice on the club website ahead of it happening? It's an Old Firm club. We don't like them.

Two minutes, one short sweetener note. They couldn't even be arsed.

Seriously?

So Ian hendersons job is to add 'directorship of a professional football club ' to his CV, sit back and expect the paying supporters to do his role?

Does someone peel grapes for him on match days also?

Yeah, because that's what I said. With a club our size it must be near impossible to find new commercial streams, especially when our fans go tonto if deals are anything but 100% loaded in our favour. So, it's good that he's tried something and it'd be nice if the fans would offer ideas etc.

Yeah, because that's what I said. With a club our size it must be near impossible to find new commercial streams, especially when our fans go tonto if deals are anything but 100% loaded in our favour. So, it's good that he's tried something and it'd be nice if the fans would offer ideas etc.

Im honestly struggling to understand you here.

Doesn't the fans council offer ideas etc? They came up with the golf days, scratch cards, one-off events like the Anglo cup night, league cup winners night, the topps day, beer tent/live entertainment etc. Is that not enough fan input for you there?

It was buddiecat who posted it, must admit I did wonder if it was true or just another grenade being thrown in the room.

Not a grenade in the room, a mistake though as i mixed up the car park with the land he owns around the stadium, was sure some of it is used for car parks, i edited the post when i realised my mistake.

Let's be honest here, if that's the only contribution after a year then that's a poor return. You will probably find posts from members on here suggesting we utilise the carpark for this purpose 6 years ago.

There were a few suggestions about using it as a car park and also a suggestion about car boot sales and boat equipment sales.

I believe Ian is a busy man when around the club, he is a director and not likely to be blowing his own trumpet, he will i assume be working on things but not advertising his successes. Working to better existing income streams and gain more business is what i believe he stated he would be doing, he volunteered his services and i doubt very much that he will be sitting scratching his erchie, always been a fan and came in to help out - so good on him i say.

I would like to see him buy the 75% shares and give us a totally new approach to how we are run.

I don't think St Mirren run the car park.I could be wrong but is it not run by the Company who were knocked back for planning permission at Love St?

As I say......I could be wrong.

When i click on the link for ST MIRREN PARKING on the Official site my browser security tells me it has an invalid security certificate, further checks show the name www.lovestreetparking.co.uk and www.stmirrencarparking.com the first one was the company who failed to get the planning consent for the old ground i believe.

There were a few suggestions about using it as a car park and also a suggestion about car boot sales and boat equipment sales.

I believe Ian is a busy man when around the club, he is a director and not likely to be blowing his own trumpet, he will i assume be working on things but not advertising his successes. Working to better existing income streams and gain more business is what i believe he stated he would be doing, he volunteered his services and i doubt very much that he will be sitting scratching his erchie, always been a fan and came in to help out - so good on him i say.

I would like to see him buy the 75% shares and give us a totally new approach to how we are run.

Fair enough, unfortunately none of his hard work is seen by the fans, well apart from the rebranding of the stadium for Paisley 2021.

I am unsure if it's wise for one person to own 75% of the club, too many examples in Scottish football alone to see that it's a disaster waiting to happen.