Queen Of The South V St Mirren Championship 13/2/16

shull

FT 1-0

Game turned on the penalty decision early in the second half. It was right in front of us and the ref actually put the whistle to his lips after the clear foul, then decided not to blow. I can only assume he was playing the advantage, the ball ran through and we had a shot from a tight angle. Clearly not an advantage...

QOTS goal was a deflection after a shot from the edge and after that it was back to nip and tuck, chances either way.

Thought Clarkson and Shankland were poor, the ball just doesn't stick with them at all. Thommo won more headers when he came on than either of them did in the entire match, hope he starts next week. Thought our best players were Baird and Kelly again, couldn't do anything with the goal and defended well otherwise.

Disappointing to lose but a chance to bounce back next week at home to Dumbarton.

Both games could have gone either way going by reports.

Two draws = 2 points each.

One draw and one defeat = 3 points each.

I'd have taken that before the games.

Is this what it has come to? Losing 1-0 to QoS is a good result?

We continue to underperform. I really don't see a great deal of progress despite bringing in some stronger players (on paper).

We continue to underperform. I really don't see a great deal of progress despite bringing in some stronger players (on paper).

No this not what it has come to. If we had stayed with Murray I'm certain we'd have gone down... Rae will get us there, it will probably take longer than we'd like and require some patience. We can't keep on changing manager that's for sure.

To use the quote in the full context and not selectively to suit an agenda...

A win and a defeat giving us 3 points is better for us than two draws which would have seen us undefeated but only gain 2 points.

Not hard really!