Livingston V St Mirren (19/3/16)

Perhaps not but we should be offering him a deal at least. I said in his mould, not necessarily him. I'd fecking hope we'll do better than Shankland, if we don't we won't be where we need to be.

Look at the top scorer list in the league: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

Above Shankland (8 goals, 1 goal every 230 minutes) we have the likes of:

Liam Buchanan Livi: 11 goals, 1 goal every 170 minutes. .

Denny Johnstone Morton: 12 goals, 1 goal every 211 minutes.

Mark Stewart Raith: 10 goals, 1 goal every 220 minutes

The stats point to all of them being better than Shankland, and all of them are playing with teams who have at most a similar budget to us, they're all within reach. Buchanan in particular is one we should be going for in the summer, that's a fantastic return from him for a hopeless team like Livi.

You do know Mallan is a midfielder, yeah? Your question is part of the problem, our top scorer is a midfielder. Mallan has done tremendously to get the amount of goals he has from midfield, if we had a 20 goal a season striker to go with him we might even be in the playoffs. We don't though, so we aren't, let's hope next season we will. You mention Clarkson, he's also part of the problem. One goal from however many minutes he's played is hopeless, I hope we get rid of him in the summer too. Infact, I'd get rid of every single senior forward player at the club. Gallagher, Thompson, Shankland, Gow and Clarkson can all leave as far as I'm concerned. None of them has done enough this season and their lack of goals is a big reason we are where we are.

It's also tremendously misleading to say a player has won us x points with his goals. It implies we would have been playing with 10 men had Shankland not been there. No, we would have been playing with another striker in his stead, who had they been any good (like a Buchanan or similar) would have scored more than Shankland has.

Lexy,Buchanan was Murray's main target in the summer there

He opted to go to Livi instead of us

I was reffering to when Agnew gets hooked, not specifically the Raith game. But thanks forbpointing out the nonsense decision to throw on a lightweight midfielder who has failed to make an impact at the club instead of probably still our player of the season.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Please, no more, how much can the one guy make a cnut of himself...............................1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Lexy,Buchanan was Murray's main target in the summer there

He opted to go to Livi instead of us

I don't think Murray was able to make an offer at any stage which might have been more to do with Buchanan's family connections than any footballing issues? He's a better player than the bottom of the Championship but perhaps seen as a risk by some.

Perhaps not but we should be offering him a deal at least. I said in his mould, not necessarily him. I'd fecking hope we'll do better than Shankland, if we don't we won't be where we need to be.

Look at the top scorer list in the league: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

Above Shankland (8 goals, 1 goal every 230 minutes) we have the likes of:

Liam Buchanan Livi: 11 goals, 1 goal every 170 minutes. .

Denny Johnstone Morton: 12 goals, 1 goal every 211 minutes.

Mark Stewart Raith: 10 goals, 1 goal every 220 minutes

The stats point to all of them being better than Shankland, and all of them are playing with teams who have at most a similar budget to us, they're all within reach. Buchanan in particular is one we should be going for in the summer, that's a fantastic return from him for a hopeless team like Livi.

You do know Mallan is a midfielder, yeah? Your question is part of the problem, our top scorer is a midfielder. Mallan has done tremendously to get the amount of goals he has from midfield, if we had a 20 goal a season striker to go with him we might even be in the playoffs. We don't though, so we aren't, let's hope next season we will. You mention Clarkson, he's also part of the problem. One goal from however many minutes he's played is hopeless, I hope we get rid of him in the summer too. Infact, I'd get rid of every single senior forward player at the club. Gallagher, Thompson, Shankland, Gow and Clarkson can all leave as far as I'm concerned. None of them has done enough this season and their lack of goals is a big reason we are where we are.

It's also tremendously misleading to say a player has won us x points with his goals. It implies we would have been playing with 10 men had Shankland not been there. No, we would have been playing with another striker in his stead, who had they been any good (like a Buchanan or similar) would have scored more than Shankland has.

That's a decent post tbf, though I disagree with your opinion on Shankland. With the right service, that lad can be lethal. Definitely one for the future, wherever he ends up.

I'd like to see us approach Alan Forrest (younger brother of James) - from Ayr. Seen him play a few times; only 19, really quick off the mark and knows where the net is. 22 goals in 53 appearances isn't bad going for such a young player. Would fit right into our team playing off Clarkson imo.

Edited by Doakes

Clarkston works really hard but don't think him and Shanks are good together. Don't think we will need to worry about Shanks anymore rumours are flying about he may be heading back up to Aberdeen.

Rumours that he will return to his "parent" club at the end of his loan or beforehand??

Yeah Shankland hasn't been as prolific as we would have hoped but lets not forget about how bad this side were in the first half of the season. We've been better in the second half and without a doubt Shanks would do a great job for us if he gets service. We will be lucky to keep him next year imo, his quality in front of goal was clear to see with the 2 finishes against Livi

Shull

Yeah Shankland hasn't been as prolific as we would have hoped but lets not forget about how bad this side were in the first half of the season. We've been better in the second half and without a doubt Shanks would do a great job for us if he gets service. We will be lucky to keep him next year imo, his quality in front of goal was clear to see with the 2 finishes against Livi

Seen his lack of quality on Tuesday night and most of the Season.

Also seen David Elliot score a quality goal once....

Ta ta Shanky