Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you honestly believe the SIMSA fans rep will have any sort of input? IMO he or she will be no more than a seat filler , GS and whoever he picks will make the decisions .

I know how the process will work do you? ,Yes it will go to a vote ,GS and his appointees v SIMSA solo rep .

Wonder how that would go?

lol.

That situation is well covered by legal agreements, so with all respect you don't know exactly how it will work. But it is a good question for you to ask at the next public meeting, or you could email SMiSA and ask the question.

That situation is well covered by legal agreements, so with all respect you don't know exactly how it will work. But it is a good question for you to ask at the next public meeting, or you could email SMiSA and ask the question.

How do you know that I don't know how it works? Do you know how it works then?

If so tell us some of the details , IMO SIMSA may well have 30% of the shares but really don't think that the fans rep on the board will have 30% of the power, but could be wrong.

I knew someone would eventually, 22 inch parallels with high waistband, platform shoes (two-tone) a western shirt from Arthur Blacks, and shoulder length feathered and layered hair, should never have been a look that went out of fashion.

Arthur black shirt ! brilliant

ive still got the gear in the hope that the fashion would come back, don't have the hair(style) anymore unfortunately

How do you know that I don't know how it works? Do you know how it works then?

If so tell us some of the details , IMO SIMSA may well have 30% of the shares but really don't think that the fans rep on the board will have 30% of the power, but could be wrong.

I am on the board of SMiSA so know a fair bit, there is a dedicated group of SMiSA board members who are negotiating the deal and they are the one's who can answer any questions in full detail. There is a confidentiality clause in the negotiations agreement with the consortium, that meant that only a certain number of people will know the finer details, these details are protected by that agreement for the good of all parties involved.

It was stated at our last meeting with fans that if any proposal is made that affects the assets of our club in a bad way, then we have a legal agreement in place whereby SMiSA can veto any such decision. Gordon and all the other members of the board will (quite rightly) be in charge of commercial decisions, initiatives etc., but for example the decision to sell the south stand seats to other teams fans would affect the most important asset - the fans, therefore we would have the chance to vote on rejecting it or amending it.

The guys who answer emails, phone calls and letters to SMiSA are the one's to give you the full correct details that are available.

I am on the board of SMiSA so know a fair bit, there is a dedicated group of SMiSA board members who are negotiating the deal and they are the one's who can answer any questions in full detail. There is a confidentiality clause in the negotiations agreement with the consortium, that meant that only a certain number of people will know the finer details, these details are protected by that agreement for the good of all parties involved.

It was stated at our last meeting with fans that if any proposal is made that affects the assets of our club in a bad way, then we have a legal agreement in place whereby SMiSA can veto any such decision. Gordon and all the other members of the board will (quite rightly) be in charge of commercial decisions, initiatives etc., but for example the decision to sell the south stand seats to other teams fans would affect the most important asset - the fans, therefore we would have the chance to vote on rejecting it or amending it.

The guys who answer emails, phone calls and letters to SMiSA are the one's to give you the full correct details that are available.

Thank you mate that clears up a few things for me , like I said i'm still in the undecided camp but knowing of veto's and things makes it look a far better option.

I supported the previous Fan Ownership attempt, but this time I've been thinking more carefully about it, and I've changed my mind quite a few times.

First of all, as supporters, how much money are we expected to spend a month following our team, before you even buy a pint? It just seems that the fans are having to foot the bill for everything these days whilst the match day experience and quality of football seems to get worse every season.

I have concerns about if we have a big enough fan base to pull it off and sustain the memberships of 1000+. Whilst I have no doubts we'll be able to pay off the loan, I have concerns about being able to sustain the memberships in order to buy the shares from Gordon Scott later on. If we don't achieve that, then all we have done is assist Gordon Scott in buying the club for 600k, and paid a hefty price to have one seat on the board.

However, I actually really like Gordon Scott and I think he could do a lot for the club. So whilst there is a risk in that we might not achieve the overall goal of fan ownership, if we can help get the current BoD out and Gordon in with the potential of fan ownership in the future then I'm comfortable having one pint less a week. So I'm going to sign up just now!

The only thing is I'm dissapointed there's not any packages for businesses, which the previous ownership bid had. I own a Salon not far from the stadium, colour scheme is black white and red, we do Gents Cuts for £5, and would have loved to have involved the business with my football club in some way.

Where is your salon Tam, I will be along on Friday for a cut - first of potential 1000 new customers (as long as you do ladies as well) we can have a chat about it.

Edited by buddiecat

Well its nearing the month end, Pay day for a lot of folk , lets hope some were waiting till their bank account balance looked a wee bit healthier before signing up thumbup2.gif

I firmly believe this is the best option for the fans & the club.

For those who are undecided, direct your questions straight to Smisa, they are honest decent folk who will give you as straight an answer as they are able (given any legal confidences)

For those who have said No. thats your perogative, however i`d urge you all to have another look at the Bid in detail.

Look at where the club is now, what the future holds if this bid doesnt go through & ask where are these "other" bids ?

C`mon guys , you know it makes sense, spread the word ,

thumbup2.gifBack the Bid - Buy the Buds . thumbup2.gif

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Question for REA. What benefit does 75% bring and how important is it.

Devils advocate here but Gordon Scott has withdrawn his 8% that he was wanting to punt with the rest of them which takes it to 68%. If the 75% is important he effectively has smisa over a barrel with regards to getting the 75% easily. Why would his 8% not be in the pot as well?

Edited by slapsalmon

It says if the sale is off then members are free to cancel their direct debits , they would only start taking direct debits if the deal goes ahead ?

I think he means if it failed say 5 years in would everyone get 5 years money back.? I pretty sure that the answer would be no.

I think I'm now convinced to go for this will probably sign up this week.

It says if the sale is off then members are free to cancel their direct debits , they would only start taking direct debits if the deal goes ahead ?

Is the timetable for the sale and agreement to be done before July? That's when DD's are due to begin , personally if I sign up to the bid it will only be with regards to the bid I have no other interest in joining SIMSA or giving them money

I think he means if it failed say 5 years in would everyone get 5 years money back.? I pretty sure that the answer would be no.

I think I'm now convinced to go for this will probably sign up this week.

No mate didn't mean that , I was only asking that if SIMSA started collecting the debits and then the bid failed would the money I have paid to that point be returned . I didn't mean 1 or 5 years down the line but at the get go.