Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe the 1k figure is around double that we actually need to service the loan so that gives us a big comfort blanket as Div correctly points out it also means the loan gets paid a lot quicker....

Perhaps instead of "believe" I should have said this is what was communicated at the last public meeting so hopefully pretty accurate.

Once the loan is in place ( hopefully very soon ) the exact figures will be communicated

No I never they discussed it at the meeting :-) but I am happy you've got it in writing now

Made it up.

No biggie, I just prefer facts rather that someone's interpretation of what they thought was said.

You have heard of Chinese whispers?

Things like misinformation can have a very negative effect.

While I happen to think you're doing things for the right reason thats twice you've "fcuked up"........................

Hope you're not going for the PR man for the new board. lol.gif

If they sign up for 10 years that has got to be worth considering.

What a great opportunity for publicity.

Surely someone on BAWA has a kayak you can borrow.

I have already offered my kayak to Div! However I can borrow one from my Club, give him some lessons, and paddle across with him if it generates publicity as well as Tam and Stuart signing up!

Made it up.

No biggie, I just prefer facts rather that someone's interpretation of what they thought was said.

You have heard of Chinese whispers?

Things like misinformation can have a very negative effect.

While I happen to think you're doing things for the right reason thats twice you've "fcuked up"........................

Hope you're not going for the PR man for the new board. lol.gif

You've obviously got a lot of time on your hands if you can scroll through all my posts plus the common theme in all 3 is info from what was said at the meeting.

This is exactly what we didn't want this post to become someone having an agenda against another poster

Edited by gazmc83

You've obviously got a lot of time on your hands if you can scroll through all my posts plus the common theme in all 3 is info from what was said at the meeting.

This is exactly what we didn't want this post to become someone having an agenda against another poster

What does that matter?

Away and get over yourself with the "agenda", you made a mistake, sorry, two mistakes, get a grip.

Grow up. bye1.gif

I have already offered my kayak to Div! However I can borrow one from my Club, give him some lessons, and paddle across with him if it generates publicity as well as Tam and Stuart signing up!

I'll shout encouragement from this side of the water if that helps.

Edited by Drew

According to http://www.smisa.net/buythebuds/faq we have reached the minimum required to sustain the loan agreement which is 400 £12 per month memberships.

I appreciate that we need to get to 1000 before we secure the necessary funding and approval from the selling consortium.

Well done everyone so far!

Once the large public meetings take place there is every chance we can reach the magical figure (or hopefully more).

Wonder if it's worth SMiSA publicising that. On the one hand it shows how much has been achieved in less than a fortnight, on the other it might make folk think there's no need to sign up as we're already there.

Will the payments go to repaying the loan first before GLS starts getting his money back? I'm not a huge fan of a loan being taken out however if it's the case that gets paid back first then surely we can sustain the required numbers to do that. While not ideal for GLS if there's a flurry of cancellations in a few years, ultimately there won't be any debt and a Saints fan will be chairman. It just might take him a bit longer to get his money back.

I don't think it's negative to have doubts. I'm all for debating the whole thing. When it's done in an adult and constructive way it's good for the bid as if you have those concerns you can be sure you aren't alone.

I agree that it's easy for fans to cancel their Direct Debits on a whim. I think that might even happen from time to time but what I also hope is that the numbers actually becoming members becomes miles more than 1,000. We need 1,000 to make it happen but once it's happened there is no reason why people can't then join in. Ideally I'd like to see 1500 signing up and I'd personally like to see junior members being allowed to join up for free until they are 16 too.

We already make significant financial and uncalculable emotional investments into the club every year. Sometimes I think we all wonder why but we keep doing it because the club is for life, not just for 1999, 2006 or 2013.

This is just another investment, and one I really hope pays off.

Actually that is very interesting.

We might start with 1000 and some will drop away BUT surely if it is pushed enough over the years we steadily build up new fans prepared to add to that number. Perhaps we could add 200 per year and only lose 100 for example. I need to think this over but over 20 or 30 years we could have thousands of people paying into this making us very well off in Scottish terms.

I supported the previous Fan Ownership attempt, but this time I've been thinking more carefully about it, and I've changed my mind quite a few times.

First of all, as supporters, how much money are we expected to spend a month following our team, before you even buy a pint? It just seems that the fans are having to foot the bill for everything these days whilst the match day experience and quality of football seems to get worse every season.

I have concerns about if we have a big enough fan base to pull it off and sustain the memberships of 1000+. Whilst I have no doubts we'll be able to pay off the loan, I have concerns about being able to sustain the memberships in order to buy the shares from Gordon Scott later on. If we don't achieve that, then all we have done is assist Gordon Scott in buying the club for 600k, and paid a hefty price to have one seat on the board.

However, I actually really like Gordon Scott and I think he could do a lot for the club. So whilst there is a risk in that we might not achieve the overall goal of fan ownership, if we can help get the current BoD out and Gordon in with the potential of fan ownership in the future then I'm comfortable having one pint less a week. So I'm going to sign up just now!

The only thing is I'm dissapointed there's not any packages for businesses, which the previous ownership bid had. I own a Salon not far from the stadium, colour scheme is black white and red, we do Gents Cuts for £5, and would have loved to have involved the business with my football club in some way.

I supported the previous Fan Ownership attempt, but this time I've been thinking more carefully about it, and I've changed my mind quite a few times.

First of all, as supporters, how much money are we expected to spend a month following our team, before you even buy a pint? It just seems that the fans are having to foot the bill for everything these days whilst the match day experience and quality of football seems to get worse every season.

I have concerns about if we have a big enough fan base to pull it off and sustain the memberships of 1000+. Whilst I have no doubts we'll be able to pay off the loan, I have concerns about being able to sustain the memberships in order to buy the shares from Gordon Scott later on. If we don't achieve that, then all we have done is assist Gordon Scott in buying the club for 600k, and paid a hefty price to have one seat on the board.

However, I actually really like Gordon Scott and I think he could do a lot for the club. So whilst there is a risk in that we might not achieve the overall goal of fan ownership, if we can help get the current BoD out and Gordon in with the potential of fan ownership in the future then I'm comfortable having one pint less a week. So I'm going to sign up just now!

The only thing is I'm dissapointed there's not any packages for businesses, which the previous ownership bid had. I own a Salon not far from the stadium, colour scheme is black white and red, we do Gents Cuts for £5, and would have loved to have involved the business with my football club in some way.

I share some of your concerns, but when all is said and done, I keep coming back to some undeniable truths. One, the current incumbents WILL sell the club. Two, if not to SMiSA/GLS then to goodness knows who. Three, if fan ownership isn't the way to go, then it sure as hell isn't the Whyte, Romanov, or Mileson way. Four, I simply do not see a perfect solution that will please everyone, so for the price of a 'Tottenham Hotspur Premier League Champions 2015/16' T-Shirt per' week.... I'm in.

I believe those good folk at Smisa are getting ready to approach businesses just like yours to guage how you can support the bid!

Not for me folks.

I will continue to support the club via the purchase of my season ticket, the purchase of my match day pie and Bovril, the purchase of my scratchcard's, the payment of my car parking space and the occasional day out at hospitality.

I will not be spending any more of my meagre income on the club but good look to those of you who do.

Funny how sometimes a word can crop up you've not heard in a while and then you hear it several times again quite soon afterwards. Kayak. Last Thursday morning I was in Birkenhead to get the Belfast ferry and a guy turned up whose only piece of hand luggage was a kayak that must have been about 15 feet long. It was a hoot seeing the check-in girl's face. She didn't have a clue what to say but the guy got permission to carry on. But because it was hand luggage the blokes that load the trailers for luggage pointed out he would have to take the kayak on the bus that takes foot passengers over to the ship. Now buses aren't designed to take fifteen foot canoes and it was hilarious watching them trying to fit it in. Eventually they managed and the bloke actually sat beside me with the kayak filling virtually the whole passage. I asked him did he know lifeboats were supplied on board but I don't think he was too amused. When we got to Belfast the bus that comes on board for foot passengers is a rinky-dink wee thing and it looked impossible to get it in. But after a lot of four letter words, they somehow managed.

Anyhow, I digress. In an earlier post, Sonny, you rightly said this is the only show in town. How long do we piss about waiting on a shiny white knight? This is as near as we are likely to get and he's a genuine fan. I know some guys genuinely can't afford £12 a month but I don't understand how guys who can comfortably afford it won't do it. This might well be the last chance we get. For less than the price of a beer per week we have a chance to secure the long term future of Saint Mirren. There's an old aphorism about f**kups developing when good men do nothing. Do something positive. Sitting on the sidelines waiting for a perfect solution is achieving eff all. I'm signed up, by the way.

Funny how sometimes a word can crop up you've not heard in a while and then you hear it several times again quite soon afterwards. Kayak. Last Thursday morning I was in Birkenhead to get the Belfast ferry and a guy turned up whose only piece of hand luggage was a kayak that must have been about 15 feet long. It was a hoot seeing the check-in girl's face. She didn't have a clue what to say but the guy got permission to carry on. But because it was hand luggage the blokes that load the trailers for luggage pointed out he would have to take the kayak on the bus that takes foot passengers over to the ship. Now buses aren't designed to take fifteen foot canoes and it was hilarious watching them trying to fit it in. Eventually they managed and the bloke actually sat beside me with the kayak filling virtually the whole passage. I asked him did he know lifeboats were supplied on board but I don't think he was too amused. When we got to Belfast the bus that comes on board for foot passengers is a rinky-dink wee thing and it looked impossible to get it in. But after a lot of four letter words, they somehow managed.

Anyhow, I digress. In an earlier post, Sonny, you rightly said this is the only show in town. How long do we piss about waiting on a shiny white knight? This is as near as we are likely to get and he's a genuine fan. I know some guys genuinely can't afford £12 a month but I don't understand how guys who can comfortably afford it won't do it. This might well be the last chance we get. For less than the price of a beer per week we have a chance to secure the long term future of Saint Mirren. There's an old aphorism about f**kups developing when good men do nothing. Do something positive. Sitting on the sidelines waiting for a perfect solution is achieving eff all. I'm signed up, by the way.

That made me laugh lol.gif

As one of those dummy spitters in the past I can't really offer any comfort to those worried about falling numbers. I was one of the first to join SMISA all those years ago and stopped when the committee appeared to change its goal from buying shares to buying towels and tshirts. I was also one of the first to sign up to 10000Hours and I cancelled my membership in 2012 over Rangersgate. I decided not to back buying out Douglas Street and letting them walk away with a huge wedge of supporters cash at a time when they were predicting Armegeddon. My support of 10000hours and community ownership never wavered but I didn't want any of my money going to Gilmour, McAusland and Campbell.

I'm back in again right now but there will always be red lines for me, points where my conscience might not let me continue to offer my financial support. I suspect and hope that is also true for others as it's one of the few tools members will have to keep those representing them honest. However I view this bid as SMISA finally keeping it's pledge, giving supporters a long overdue voice in the running of their football club. If I do have cause to stop contributing in the future at least I'll know that what I did put in was used to buy shares.

that must have been about 15 feet long. It was a hoot seeing the check-in girl's face. She didn't have a clue what to say.

OH I SAY!

it was hilarious watching them trying to fit it in. Eventually they managed and the bloke actually sat beside me with the kayak filling virtually the whole passage.

TITTER YE' NOT MADAM!

is a rinky-dink wee thing and it looked impossible to get it in. But after a lot of four letter words, they somehow managed.

OOOHH MATRON!

Apologies. Thread drift. Me. Bad. Man.