Scottish Election 2016

shull

And here's what Englandshire thinks of the devolved authorities - first sentence "The UK went to the polls on Thursday 5 May with elections for councils in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/05/uk-local-elections-results-2016-what-time-will-we-find-out-who-h/

Says it all, really.

Edited by salmonbuddie

And here's what Englandshire thinks of the devolved authorities - first sentence "The UK went to the polls on Thursday 5 May with elections for councils in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland."http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/05/uk-local-elections-results-2016-what-time-will-we-find-out-who-h/

Says it all, really.

What says it all is that when given the chance, Scotland voted democratically to remain part of the UK warts and all.

You really need to accept that and move on.

Also, judging by results tonight it looks like the SNP may struggle to get a majority ever again. In that case the case for independence is dead and it appears it woz the Tories wot dunnit.

Time to move on with all of this.

Edited by oaksoft

Always said Scotland , in the future , will just be a Region , ruled by Europe.

, England will be split up into Regions ,and totally dominated by Brussels.

Northern Ireland & Wales will be Regions also.

UNITED STATES OF EUROPE RULES.

What says it all is that when given the chance, Scotland voted democratically to remain part of the UK warts and all.

Also, judging by results tonight it looks like the SNP may struggle to get a majority ever again. In that case the case for independence is dead and it appears it woz the Tories wot dunnit.

our day will come..

Guest TPAFKATS

Good input Stuart

Ok, so what does the vote show............

an erosion of the SNP position, but still the big player up here

a humiliation for Labour, again.

a growth in anti indy vote going to Ruth

at the diddy end, Willie Rennie 'revelling' in his success ,ffs heard him on the radio this morning , what a fruit bat !

and the idealstic fanciful greens, switch aff all they light bulbs.

That's it then.

Euro squabbling up next

SNP Baaaaad!whistling.gif

I'm sure when the opposition parties get anywhere near being in a position to affect how the country is run, we'll see them implement the promises regarding tax.rolleyes.gif

But back in the real world, where none of them have a hope in hell of getting anywhere near governance, due to gross incompetence of their respective parties, (Greens excluded) they can spout all the shite they like, knowing they will never be made to implement their fantasy manifestos.

Indeed. Spot on.

The SNP pretend to be left wing but in reality, in office, they are very Conservative (with a capital C).

The reason being that the majority in Scotland are Conservative (with a capital C), although many pretend otherwise.

Likewise, the SNP are able to promote fantasy economic figures about what an independent Scotland would look like knowing that it doesn't matter what will happen in reality cos it will be too late to turn back if they win.

Absolutely fekk all to do with what I posted....but that's never stopped you before, so you carry on.

In a system designed to prevent any party ever getting an absolute majority, it just shows that the last result was a one-off freak. Looks like I'll get my dream team, SNP government with Green Party support to keep them honest.

Nice to see the Unionist vote hold up, all the same, just goes to prove that they really are all Tories, just differing shades.

And just to be clear, that last paragraph should be read in a condescending manner.

Indeed. Spot on.

The SNP pretend to be left wing but in reality, in office, they are very Conservative (with a capital C).

The reason being that the majority in Scotland are Conservative (with a capital C), although many pretend otherwise.

Likewise, the SNP are able to promote fantasy economic figures about what an independent Scotland would look like knowing that it doesn't matter what will happen in reality cos it will be too late to turn back if they win.

#thichasfcuk

our day will come..

Of course, in reality, "our" means everyone in Scotland.

The point of politics is to make people's lives better and presumably Yes voters believe that an independent Scotland is best for everyone, including No voters.

But what you really mean by the use of the word "our" is Yes voters alone. It's not really about politics and making people's lives better to you.

It's just a point scoring game where you want to be on the winning side and you hate England.

It's the Braveheart politics of the majority of the Yes vote.

Jeez, 55.6% turnout. Well that's piss poor, in other words on the approach to half of voters didnae even get off their arses.

Voter apathy a big player in all this then.

Voter apathy my arse.

Politicians with no vision and no compelling story to tell are responsible.

Who would ever believe just 10 or so years ago that Labour would finish 3rd and the Tory party be more popular than Labour in Scotland.

So much for the great idea to increase tax, what a bunch of losers.

Voter apathy my arse.

Politicians with no vision and no compelling story to tell are responsible.

In another post yesterday, didn't you say no government is ever going to make a difference to anyone's ability to get a good job or get on in life, and it was about time people realised this and stopped expecting politicians to deliver anything and folk should get off their arses and take responsibility for themselves?

Maybe folk listened to you and that's why the turnout was low. Maybe you got through and a whole swathe of the population said, 'fcuk voting for any politician then, they make no difference' and they were most certainly not looking for one with vision and a compelling story to enthuse them to get out and vote.

Voter apathy? Damn right there was. The way the Scottish independence referendum ended as a fractuous, bitter, divisive experience. The apparent inability of Nicola Sturgeon to shut her fcuking gob about 'indy 2' and allow the nation to collectively calm down a bit for a few years - and I say that as a 'yes' voter and someone who likes and voted yesterday for my local SNP candidate Jamie Hepburn. The ongoing 'Euro Brexit' bullshit - which is following much of the scaremongering shenanigans of our 'indy 1' vote with the public having little of substance on which to base their decision. The arse falling out of Scottish Labour with little to inspire their traditional voters to get off their arse and vote. The arse fell out of the Lib Dems world the day Nick Clegg threw away the massive upturn in their fortunes he personally generated - before dropping his boxers and taking it up the arse for David Cameron.

For these reasons, and more, I absolutely believe voter apathy certainly exists. Looks like the Ruth Davidson effect has helped her party do better, and my guess is that for many who voted Tory, they suddenly hadn't found their inner Toryness... they knew Scottish Labour were fooked and were voting against nippy sweetie Sturgeon, who is now actually turning folk off voting SNP due to her apparent inability to accept the undependence referendum was lost, and like a spoilt child, is scweaming and scweaming and will not stop kicking her wee legs until she gets what she wants. My advice to her is very simple. For fcuk sake, shut. the. fcuk. up. about. independence.... for a good while. You lost.

Rant over.

Edited by pozbaird

In another post yesterday, didn't you say no government is ever going to make a difference to anyone's ability to get a good job or get on in life, and it was about time people realised this and stopped expecting politicians to deliver anything and folk should get off their arses and take responsibility for themselves?

Maybe folk listened to you and that's why the turnout was low. Maybe you got through and a whole swathe of the population said, 'fcuk voting for any politician then, they make no difference' and they were most certainly not looking for one with vision and a compelling story to enthuse them to get out and vote.

Voter apathy? Damn right there was. The way the Scottish independence referendum ended as a fractuous, bitter, divisive experience. The apparent inability of Nicola Sturgeon to shut her fcuking gob about 'indy 2' and allow the nation to collectively calm down a bit for a few years - and I say that as a 'yes' voter and someone who likes and voted yesterday for my local SNP candidate Jamie Hepburn. The ongoing 'Euro Brexit' bullshit - which is following much of the scaremongering shenanigans of our 'indy 1' vote with the public having little of substance on which to base their decision. The arse falling out of Scottish Labour with little to inspire their traditional voters to get off their arse and vote. The arse fell out of the Lib Dems world the day Nick Clegg threw away the massive upturn in their fortunes he persinsonally generated - before dropping his boxers and taking it up the arse for David Cameron.

For these reasons, and more, I absolutely believe voter apathy certainly exists. Looks like the Ruth Davidson effect has helped her party do better, and my guess is that for many who voted Tory, they suddenly hadn't found their inner Toryness... they knew Scottish Labour were fooked and were voting against nippy sweetie Sturgeon, who is now actually turning folk off voting SNP due to her apparent inability to accept the undependence referendum was lost, and like a spoilt child, is scweaming and scweaming and will not stop kicking her wee legs until she gets what she wants. My advice to her is very simple. For fcuk sake, shut. the. fcuk. up. about. Independence.... for a good while. You lost.

Rant over.

Spot on at every point.

Only those of a certain age will remember the spitting image puppets of Maggie Thatcher and David Steel.

If we had a Scottish version we would have Nicola and Patrick Harvie.

I give you this analogy as Patrick is now Nicola's new best pal since he holds the balance of power.