Are you using the Fan's Suggestion Wall on stmirren.com

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Are you using this?

A great way to get suggestions in front of management.

http://www.stmirren.com/fans/supporters-links/fans-suggestion-wall

To be honest Ricky. No. I can't really see the point and I don't like the format. I don't really see a need for yet another communication channel into the club that gets little to no feed back. 

To be honest Ricky. No. I can't really see the point and I don't like the format. I don't really see a need for yet another communication channel into the club that gets little to no feed back. 

Not like you to be negative Stuart.

Oh, wait....

Thanks for starting this thread St Ricky as it prompted me to click the link and read many of the postings

seems that there are some sane and sensible ideas being banned about

it in the main was a positive read with achievable and do- able suggestions!

im glad it was not just a load of moaning and griping!

Stuart I'm interested in your point about the format and I do in part agree however is there an alternative method? 

COYS

Edited by Liverpool Bud

For the first time ever the Club is asking for ideas from fans and has set up a mechanism to gather ideas that will be reviewed by the BOD. An initiative that no Board in our history has undertaken before. This initiative is via the OS so is accessible to all fans and just just the few that post on here. This should be applauded and fans should either make use of it or stop complaining as the Club has provided a means to make their comments known direct to the Board. I for one am delighted with this.

10 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Make a suggestion to them and see if you get feedback:rolleyes:

Make a suggestion to them and see if you get feedback:rolleyes:

My son did. Admittedly it was more a complaint than a suggestion. He phoned and was told to email. He emailed and has been completely ignored.

On that suggestion wall I noticed Alan Wardrop from the Fans Council responded to at least one suggestion. I didn't see David Nicole, the SMiSA rep on the board post anywhere on it. Nor were there comments from Tony Fitzpatrick, or Gordon Scott or as far as I can make out, any of the other board members. If it's not got their attention then what's the point. It's just another lavatory wall for people to piss against.

This forum has a whole section dedicated to SMiSA. The SMiSA website carries a contact e-mail address. SMiSA have also invited people to come meet with them. And the club has a contact email address and Social Media pages and a telephone number. It's got an official forum too. I appreciate I'm being negative and that Divs put together a good official website, but if no-one is interested in responding on all of the other communication channels what's the point of yet another one that gets ignored, especially when that one looks more like the old guest book in terms of trying to read through it.

The club would do well to take a leaf out of REAs and even SGGs book and to at least occasionally post on here in response to suggestions or arguments.

For the first time ever the Club is asking for ideas from fans and has set up a mechanism to gather ideas that will be reviewed by the BOD. An initiative that no Board in our history has undertaken before. This initiative is via the OS so is accessible to all fans and just just the few that post on here. This should be applauded and fans should either make use of it or stop complaining as the Club has provided a means to make their comments known direct to the Board. I for one am delighted with this.

Surely if you can access the official website, you can also access the forum on here or send an email

11 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

My son did. Admittedly it was more a complaint than a suggestion. He phoned and was told to email. He emailed and has been completely ignored.

On that suggestion wall I noticed Alan Wardrop from the Fans Council responded to at least one suggestion. I didn't see David Nicole, the SMiSA rep on the board post anywhere on it. Nor were there comments from Tony Fitzpatrick, or Gordon Scott or as far as I can make out, any of the other board members. If it's not got their attention then what's the point. It's just another lavatory wall for people to piss against.

This forum has a whole section dedicated to SMiSA. The SMiSA website carries a contact e-mail address. SMiSA have also invited people to come meet with them. And the club has a contact email address and Social Media pages and a telephone number. It's got an official forum too. I appreciate I'm being negative and that Divs put together a good official website, but if no-one is interested in responding on all of the other communication channels what's the point of yet another one that gets ignored, especially when that one looks more like the old guest book in terms of trying to read through it.

The club would do well to take a leaf out of REAs and even SGGs book and to at least occasionally post on here in response to suggestions or arguments.

You do realise this is an unofficial Saint Mirren website?

What's wrong with the setting up of a more official channel to try to bring ideas to the attention of the custodians of our club? In the main, you tend more to rant and complain than suggest though.

Edited to ask.

What's the stupid flag avatar for now? Is there an international hog calling competition involving the four nations?

Edited by stlucifer

What's wrong with the setting up of a more official channel to try to bring ideas to the attention of the custodians of our club? In the main, you tend more to rant and complain than suggest though.

Edited to ask.

What's the stupid flag avatar for now? Is there an international hog calling competition involving the four nations?

There's nothing wrong with setting it up. The problem is that it's yet another communication channel where there's no official response. I understand there's also an official forum although I haven't been on there in the 15 years since Kenny Pointon banned me for pointing out that Singing "f**k the Pope and f**k the Queen" was a bad idea. :rolleyes:

Disappointing to hear that emails to the club are being ignored. Out of courtesy all emails should be responded to within a set period even if it is just to say we are looking into the complaint and will respond in due course. I can't imagine that St Mirren are deluged by complaints or perhaps they have Introduced email filtering that ignores any emails from relations of Mr S Dickson Esq as spam.

Aye maybe. Or maybe it's just a belief that engaging one of us isn't going to end well. My route in on the rare occasion I had something I wanted dealt with was to email Norrie who was particularly good at responding.

Disappointing to hear that emails to the club are being ignored. Out of courtesy all emails should be responded to within a set period even if it is just to say we are looking into the complaint and will respond in due course. I can't imagine that St Mirren are deluged by complaints or perhaps they have Introduced email filtering that ignores any emails from relations of Mr S Dickson Esq as spam.

Similar experience myself.

I sent 3 separate emails to the club over 3 separate issues, got one response to one of them and that was after a phone call to the club asking why they hadn't replied.

The club ( to date at least ) don't communicate well if at all with the fans.

I haven't looked at official site and honest truth have not even been tempted to look at new site.

There is no point as I find out all my info on here and it's quicker than info from the club.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Edited to ask.

British dude flying the flag of his Country. 

What's your problem? 

Unfortunately, unless he answers, specifically, the gripes and moans of all family members and pets of a certain SD, it won't come close to being acceptable.

I don't have pets. Two sons are as close to wildlife I need to get. But don't you think that all gripes and moans sent directly to the club should be answered no matter who they come from?

49 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I don't have pets. Two sons are as close to wildlife I need to get. But don't you think that all gripes and moans sent directly to the club should be answered no matter who they come from?

Not EVERY complaint will get an automatic response. The frivolous ones might be put to the back of the queue.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Im not sure I agree with you lucifer - maybe a polite automated response is the way to go " thank you for contacting St Mirren Football Club with your suggestion - the club appreciates feedback from supporters and will look into the feasability of your suggestion"

You're probably spot on there LB but I fancy it would be an auto-response so wouldn't appease SD. Nothing short of a grovelling apology, it seems, would suffice.

How about in time once the 1877 club opens to everyone, which it will do at some point, that the bar is manned by fans on a volunteer basis. Ask for fans interested to commit there names and depending on uptake you can establish a rota whereby folks might end up doing 1 or 2 games a season. One individual could run the whole shooting match or a small committee of peeps. Just a random idea but would surely save the club a fair few bob and make the whole operation far more profitable. Every penny helps.

What about if the club organised a list / database of local businesses that are owned / run by st mirren fans. I feel this would be a great idea and really embrace the whole local community, we are in it together feel.

If you are looking to get some work done about the house, get your car serviced, mortgage advice or anything really. I know I would always love to give that business to a fellow buddies fan than a large faceless organisation. Just a wee idea but feel there is loads of mileage in it and would be a great link to have on the official website ie 'buddie good business' or 'back a buddies business'.

Just a couple of random thoughts. Will get it on the wall sometime soon. :-)

8 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

How about in time once the 1877 club opens to everyone, which it will do at some point, that the bar is manned by fans on a volunteer basis. Ask for fans interested to commit there names and depending on uptake you can establish a rota whereby folks might end up doing 1 or 2 games a season. One individual could run the whole shooting match or a small committee of peeps. Just a random idea but would surely save the club a fair few bob and make the whole operation far more profitable. Every penny helps.

What about if the club organised a list / database of local businesses that are owned / run by st mirren fans. I feel this would be a great idea and really embrace the whole local community, we are in it together feel.

If you are looking to get some work done about the house, get your car serviced, mortgage advice or anything really. I know I would always love to give that business to a fellow buddies fan than a large faceless organisation. Just a wee idea but feel there is loads of mileage in it and would be a great link to have on the official website ie 'buddie good business' or 'back a buddies business'.

Just a couple of random thoughts. Will get it on the wall sometime soon. :-)

Need a big fecking wall. :P

Edited by faraway saint