This is what I'd expect a community club to do.

24 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Clyde do. I get an e-mail sent with the minutes of meetings fairly regularly if not every month.

I've got to say though I am more than bemused as to why anyone would defend the fact that SMiSA aren't issuing minutes of their meetings by trying to find other iSA's that don't issue minutes. Surely at SMiSA there should be a desire to get things done right and issuing the minutes of meetings to members is quite simply best practice. It keeps members informed of what is going on, it allows members to raise points for the next agenda, and it provides proof to the membership that their views are being taken seriously. It also keeps things nice and open.

On a slightly different note, Div and a few others ITK, including Tony Fitzpatrick, have alluded recently to some big and exciting things going on inside the club with details to be released soon. Now I'd never claim to be in the know normally but last night I was at a meeting where someone a lot closer to the club than me was in attendance and he shared with me some news that did indeed sound exciting. However he also shared with me some news which has worried me to the core about the state of the club, the different factions within it, and a lack of leadership and teamwork that seems to be what is required to get everyone pulling in the same direction. Now I fully appreciate that this was a short conversation with someone who is absolutely a stranger to me but the idea of some people around and within the club looking to push forward their own agenda's is not new. As a member of SMiSA I'd like to be absolutely sure that I'm not helping to fund one of those factions to act in a divisive manner. Publishing the minutes is essential to me now. Hopefully the SMiSA committee will address this matter as soon as possible. 

Stuart, could you elaborate a wee bit on what was meant by factions..........the board has only fairly recently been put together and consists of "hand-picked" members and one "co-opted" member elected by the membership of SMiSA, therefor you'd hope that they would be working in some kind of harmony. The management team are recently appointed and hopefully starting to turn things round so again you'd hope that they were pulling in a positive direction.

Was the suggestion of senior figures dividing into factions or more of a SMiSA want this, the Fans Council want that and there is a bit of sniping going on. Is it possible that your "ITK" guy was mischief making?? 

23 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Hardly, I've just been invited on to the committee and mentioned member engagement as something I could get involved in.

Invited on?

Are committees not usually voted for by members?

Edited by HSS

1 minute ago, TsuMirren said:

I believe there's room within the constitution for members to be co-opted on, as has happened with myself and David Riley.

Maybe if we received minutes/updates from SMiSA we would know this sort of thing.

30 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Stuart, could you elaborate a wee bit on what was meant by factions..........the board has only fairly recently been put together and consists of "hand-picked" members and one "co-opted" member elected by the membership of SMiSA, therefor you'd hope that they would be working in some kind of harmony. The management team are recently appointed and hopefully starting to turn things round so again you'd hope that they were pulling in a positive direction.

Was the suggestion of senior figures dividing into factions or more of a SMiSA want this, the Fans Council want that and there is a bit of sniping going on. Is it possible that your "ITK" guy was mischief making?? 

No, I don't think I'd want to at this stage and yes its perfectly possible I'm being played. However there has to be a far greater degree of openness. 

You know one of the things I remember vividly about the 10000Hours bid was just how tight SMiSA committee members gave it to him for not being able to release full details of his business plan, yet SMiSA and Gordon Scott appear to be getting a very easy ride whilst choosing to keep things secretive from the members. 

16 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I believe there's room within the constitution for members to be co-opted on, as has happened with myself and David Riley.

Can you help me find the copy of the constitution again Kenny? I've been all over the SMiSA website and I still can't find it. I know someone gave me a link to it before, I've no idea why the constitution wouldn't feature far more prominently on the website. 

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

No, I don't think I'd want to at this stage and yes its perfectly possible I'm being played. However there has to be a far greater degree of openness. 

You know one of the things I remember vividly about the 10000Hours bid was just how tight SMiSA committee members gave it to him for not being able to release full details of his business plan, yet SMiSA and Gordon Scott appear to be getting a very easy ride whilst choosing to keep things secretive from the members. 

I definitely agree with the bits in bold.

I'm  not too sure though why you'd want to open a can of worms re factions and not then want to elaborate on it otherwise you could be seen to be mischief making yourself.

8 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Thanks Kenny. Could you suggest to the SMiSA committee that this be rectified on the website so it's far more easy to find?

Could you not suggest it directly? It seems a perfectly reasonable request, so I would hope the folks with influence to amend the site would be receptive.

If you do it yourself, you'll know for certain that it has been done.

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

I definitely agree with the bits in bold.

I'm  not too sure though why you'd want to open a can of worms re factions and not then want to elaborate on it otherwise you could be seen to be mischief making yourself.

Well if that's the charge it would hardly be new would it? Most on here have seen me as a mischief maker for most of the years I've been on the internet. :rolleyes:

Do you think the club looks like it's pulling in the same direction? 

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Could you not suggest it directly? It seems a perfectly reasonable request, so I would hope the folks with influence to amend the site would be receptive.

If you do it yourself, you'll know for certain that it has been done.

I thought Kenny said he was on the committee and I thought I had directly asked him myself with the post you've quoted. 

I thought I'd save myself the standard 36 hour wait for a response to any e-mail that I send them and the usual fobbing off by giving Kenny a chance to address it here, in context and on a public forum. I'll know for certain it's been done when I go looking for the constitution next time and I see the link in the main menu at the top of the web page - hopefully alongside a link to the minutes of the meetings that they'll decide to publish too. And when that happens I'll publicly thank Kenny and congratulate him on his efforts. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Who are the members of the SMiSA Committee? If Kenny and David have been co-opted on, and all of the people still in the "Who Are We" section of the SMiSA website are still committee members than I make that 13 people on the committee when the constitution says "there should be no less than 5 and not more than 12."

Also how were the existing members given their places on the committee - or board as the website likes to describe it? Were each of them elected, or co-opted?  

19 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Well if that's the charge it would hardly be new would it? Most on here have seen me as a mischief maker for most of the years I've been on the internet. :rolleyes:

Do you think the club looks like it's pulling in the same direction? 

That was probably why I asked you to elaborate on "factions"......

I've already given you what I thought with regard to the board and management team and why I asked if it was more about SMiSA and the Fans Council.

If by "club" you mean internally I think just now that for the majority they are pulling in the same direction, if by "club" you mean including externally (SMiSA, Fans Council, BAWA Members, Fans in General) I'd be surprised if they are all ever going to pull in the same direction at the same time. You only have to look at committee members on both SMiSA and Fans Council taking wipes, or being defensive, on here to see that and that's not having a dig at anybody just an overall observation.

I agree theminutes should be published and there should be details of who is on the committee. However, it's somewhat ironic that some people are kicking up a fuss about how committee members are chosen considering SMiSA has been crying out for folk to come forward to join the committee. If they didn't get a response then I've no problem with them co-opting folk on who they think may be of use.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I agree theminutes should be published and there should be details of who is on the committee. However, it's somewhat ironic that some people are kicking up a fuss about how committee members are chosen considering SMiSA has been crying out for folk to come forward to join the committee. If they didn't get a response then I've no problem with them co-opting folk on who they think may be of use.

Who is kicking up a fuss? Are you over dramatising things again :rolleyes:

All I've read was HSS asking if members of the committee shouldn't be voted in rather than co-opted. And me enquiry how members of the committee have gotten their posts - which would be relevant as per the constitution - and asking why there appears to be 13 committee members when the constitution states there should be no more than 12. 

9 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Clyde do. I get an e-mail sent with the minutes of meetings fairly regularly if not every month.

I've got to say though I am more than bemused as to why anyone would defend the fact that SMiSA aren't issuing minutes of their meetings by trying to find other iSA's that don't issue minutes. Surely at SMiSA there should be a desire to get things done right and issuing the minutes of meetings to members is quite simply best practice. It keeps members informed of what is going on, it allows members to raise points for the next agenda, and it provides proof to the membership that their views are being taken seriously. It also keeps things nice and open.

On a slightly different note, Div and a few others ITK, including Tony Fitzpatrick, have alluded recently to some big and exciting things going on inside the club with details to be released soon. Now I'd never claim to be in the know normally but last night I was at a meeting where someone a lot closer to the club than me was in attendance and he shared with me some news that did indeed sound exciting. However he also shared with me some news which has worried me to the core about the state of the club, the different factions within it, and a lack of leadership and teamwork that seems to be what is required to get everyone pulling in the same direction. Now I fully appreciate that this was a short conversation with someone who is absolutely a stranger to me but the idea of some people around and within the club looking to push forward their own agenda's is not new. As a member of SMiSA I'd like to be absolutely sure that I'm not helping to fund one of those factions to act in a divisive manner. Publishing the minutes is essential to me now. Hopefully the SMiSA committee will address this matter as soon as possible. 

Aye Right !!   You really are a f**king joke.