Where is our season heading now?

Well you responded 'get real' to our predictions of 18 points from the next 24.. so it was implied.

Yes and if you think people are only allowed to predict wins then that's also wrong.

Out of the next 8 league games we won't win 6 and draw 2 & if you think we will ? I suggest you get your arse to the bookies.

Most people predict how they see a game go , not just win because it's our team.

I'd back Faraway's option over the nonsense suggesting that in the next 8 games we will complete a 10 match unbeaten league run.

I'm not joining the "we're doomed" crew by any means but, as I said, get real, that's all.
We'll come back and check this in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

Indeed.

We are 4 points adrift at the bottom and in a worse position than we were the day Ross was appointed.

Talk of anything other than staying up at this stage is premature in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Well you responded 'get real' to our predictions of 18 points from the next 24.. so it was implied.

It looks like your trying to make something from nothing. If you really believe we will get 18 points from the next 8 games I, and the bookies, would disagree. I am not in any "Elvis" type way enjoying the fact that we are a bottom of the league team and, as such, it would be a fecking miracle if we amassed 18 points. Now, my view is based on our current overall league position, not the last 2 games. I think anyone who really believes we will somehow turn into a team capable if this kind of run is fecking deluded. Time will tell and I won't gloat if it turns out I am correct as I'm sure you will not burst into tears, will you?

7 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Yes and if you think people are only allowed to predict wins then that's also wrong.

Out of the next 8 league games we won't win 6 and draw 2 & if you think we will ? I suggest you get your arse to the bookies.

Most people predict how they see a game go , not just win because it's our team.

I'd back Faraway's option over the nonsense suggesting that in the next 8 games we will complete a 10 match unbeaten league run.

Yup well said . Its a daft league look at Sat

Saints win against odds End long home losing streak

QOS draw End 7 game losing streak

Morton Lose end 6 games unbeaten

Hibs struggle

Ayr Unlucky..............

I can predict its going to be unpredictable

I've been watching St.Mirren for almost 40 years now and that period has taught me two valuable life lessons;

1) NEVER assume St.Mirren will win (or indeed lose) any single game of football.

2) Short corners don't work.

There endeth the lesson according to your old da.

4 minutes ago, div said:

I've been watching St.Mirren for almost 40 years now and that period has taught me two valuable life lessons;

1) NEVER assume St.Mirren will win (or indeed lose) any single game of football.

I would add that we can't ever take good throw ins - even when they were called a shy.

14 minutes ago, div said:

That's not what you were preaching before the Spartans game. :whistle

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Where did I say that? It gets tedious reading the doom and gloom tho, anytime anyone says anytihng remotely positive it gets pounced on. We've won our last 2 games let's try and be a bit optimistic. If I predict us to go on a decent run and I end up looking daft cos we lose most of them then so be it but I'd rather that than be a moaning doom merchant.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It looks like your trying to make something from nothing. If you really believe we will get 18 points from the next 8 games I, and the bookies, would disagree. I am not in any "Elvis" type way enjoying the fact that we are a bottom of the league team and, as such, it would be a fecking miracle if we amassed 18 points. Now, my view is based on our current overall league position, not the last 2 games. I think anyone who really believes we will somehow turn into a team capable if this kind of run is fecking deluded. Time will tell and I won't gloat if it turns out I am correct as I'm sure you will not burst into tears, will you?

I might aye it's been a tough couple of seasons :(

Edited by irvine_buddie

I remember putting the ball through you and Munoz's legs in the Willybugs playground in the late 70's.

I remember you and Alan Love taking on our whole class at fitba and you won 2-0!

We had a good P7 side at Williamsburgh and won the P7 Cup at Keanie Park. I found the cut out the other day.

Alan Love, Scott Lawrence, John Muir, Scott Borland, Chris Buckham, Gordon Black, The Late Kenny Black, Ian Wilson ???, Stuart McInnes, Alex ???,Craig Elliott. Subs Jason Paul and the Late Gary Somerville.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

See the post above.

The phrase "get real" springs to mind.

If this comes true, and someone sticks a fiver on it they will be flippin rich.

As I said, nothing's impossibly, but getting 18 points, or more, from the 8 games is. 

I'm only being realistic.

We have won 2 games all season, yes the last 2, but to expect to..................ach, ok, we'll win them all. :lol:

Incorrect; it's actually 8 games. :wink:

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Indeed.

We are 4 points adrift at the bottom and in a worse position than we were the day Ross was appointed.

Talk of anything other than staying up at this stage is premature in the extreme.

Knicker wetter.... :double

1 hour ago, div said:

I remember you and Alan Love taking on our whole class at fitba and you won 2-0!

Sign them!!!