SMiSA's Latest Update

6 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Even his serious points are put across in such an OTT antagonistic way that yes, they are in fact a massive wind up. No-one deluded here and actually couldn't care less tbh, merely an observation.

I'm afraid you are if you seriously believe that.Although, I think your interpretation of a wind up differs somewhat from mine.

However, I'll leave it at that, as his sad existence is based on craving attention from others, even if it is pointing and laughing at him, which most people end up doing.

Edited by FTOF

I'm afraid you are if you seriously believe that.Although, I think your interpretation of a wind up differs somewhat from mine.
However, I'll leave it at that, as his sad existence is based on craving attention from others, even if it is pointing and laughing at him, which most people end up doing.

You may be right I'm not privy to how much time various posters have on their hands. To want an Internet forum to provide your kicks in life is pitiful. Need to get out more springs to mind....

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

You may be right I'm not privy to how much time various posters have on their hands. To want an Internet forum to provide your kicks in life is pitiful. Need to get out more springs to mind....

I find the ignore function works pretty well, and the only people the function upsets are the individuals whose sole reason for posting on here is in pursuit of attention, due to a lack of meaningful social interactions in real life.

I find the ignore function works pretty well, and the only people the function upsets are the individuals whose sole reason for posting on here is in pursuit of attention, due to a lack of meaningful social interactions in real life.

I've not used that yet... I think the forum is great for finding all The info about our team the quickest and there are good debates to be found now and again on here :)

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:57 PM, Loyal Supporter said:

I pay my monthly fee and read all the other letters posted . You have saved me the bother of writing what I wanted to say . You are correct . Directors have responsibilities and I'm of the opinion that Gordon Scott has no money but simply hiding behind all us lot . He's fooled an awful lot of people . He's obviously on some kind of ego trip . I have no problem with us matching what he puts in but I think he's got nothing to put in and up to now he's actually put NOTHING in he's simply borrowed it . I now await replies from his fellow Board Members posing as supporters 

When the SMISA/GLS model of purchasing St Mirren was unveiled, it was made clear, that GLS would not be able to inject/invest any further monies in St Mirren and it explained, that his money was being used to pay off the old board to get them out the door and new folk (GLS & his cronies, if you like) in the door.

I signed up knowing there would be no further investment from the new board and I think it is unnecessary to criticise GLS or the board for not "putting in" any more money because we were told at the outset, that would not happen. SMISA & the 1300 odd folk bought into this model of trying to achieve fan ownership on the strength of that. We got rid of a decaying old board & replaced it with a model to get the club into fan ownership within a reasonable time frame.

I don't agree with the current BOD going to SMISA and asking for financial assistance for anything. The Club should & must live within it's means. If it wants something bought, it should be budgeted for and if it wants something repaired, that should have been budgeted for too. I understand the USH was probably an unexpected cost pressure however The Club must live within it's means and for any future additional costs, commercial activity needs to improve to increase revenue. Question I would like to ask is "what new revenue streams does the Commercial Manager explore?"

I personally feel, the discretionary £2 per member SMISA pot should be spent on things/projects that the SMISA membership identify as being needed. f**k me, there's enough of us going down to the ground 2 weeks in 4, they can see what they'd like done and the money spent on. Which IMHO is far better than saying to the club every 3 months "we've got £8K, what do you want it spend it on"

It should be 'Dear members, the £2 pot has been building and it is almost time to spend it, can we have your suggestions for the spend. The SMISA committee will shortlist 3, 4 or 5 of your suggestions to be put to the membership to decide on what the money gets spent"

My suggestion for future pots would be

SMISA & The Fans Council get round a table & thrash out a plan about opening up the 1877 Club to all St Mirren supporters. The £2 discretionary pot is allowed to accumulate up to the build cost of The 1877 Club and each member is offered (some will take the offer & some will decline getting their money back) what they've paid in Founder' fee & monthly subscription fees back. This negates the  "but I helped pay for it to be built so why should it be opened to all" argument.

Obviously, more folk would use it, increasing bar takings, increasing profits and from what I understand, bar profits go directly to The Club. With a new kit supplier deal on the cards, get the kit available in the bar on match days ensuring 100% of the profit goes to The Club.

Oh aye, & get the commercial manager in for his appraisal and ask him what new idea's he is comig up with for increasing revenue (3 course sumptuous dinners don't count).

Edited by Kombibuddie

When the SMISA/GLS model of purchasing St Mirren was unveiled, it was made clear, that GLS would not be able to inject/invest any further monies in St Mirren and it explained, that his money was being used to pay off the old board to get them out the door and new folk (GLS & his cronies, if you like) in the door.
I signed up knowing there would be no further investment from the new board and I think it is unnecessary to criticise GLS or the board for not "putting in" any more money because we were told at the outset, that would not happen. SMISA & the 1300 odd folk bought into this model of trying to achieve fan ownership on the strength of that. We got rid of a decaying old board & replaced it with a model to get the club into fan ownership within a reasonable time frame.
I don't agree with the current BOD going to SMISA and asking for financial assistance for anything. The Club should & must live within it's means. If it wants something bought, it should be budgeted for and if it wants something repaired, that should have been budgeted for too. I understand the USH was probably an unexpected cost pressure however The Club must live within it's means and for any future additional costs, commercial activity needs to improve to increase revenue. Question I would like to ask is "what new revenue streams does the Commercial Manager explore?"
I personally feel, the discretionary £2 per member SMISA pot should be spent on things/projects that the SMISA membership identify as being needed. f**k me, there's enough of us going down to the ground 2 weeks in 4, they can see what they'd like done and the money spent on. Which IMHO is far better than saying to the club every 3 months "we've got £8K, what do you want it spend it on"
It should be 'Dear members, the £2 pot has been building and it is almost time to spend it, can we have your suggestions for the spend. The SMISA committee will shortlist 3, 4 or 5 of your suggestions to be put to the membership to decide on what the money gets spent"
My suggestion for future pots would be
SMISA & The Fans Council get round a table & thrash out a plan about opening up the 1877 Club to all St Mirren supporters. The £2 discretionary pot is allowed to accumulate up to the build cost of The 1877 Club and each member is offered (some will take the offer & some will decline getting their money back) what they've paid in Founder' fee & monthly subscription fees back. This negates the  "but I helped pay for it to be built so why should it be opened to all" argument.
Obviously, more folk would use it, increasing bar takings, increasing profits and from what I understand, bar profits go directly to The Club. With a new kit supplier deal on the cards, get the kit available in the bar on match days ensuring 100% of the profit goes to The Club.
Oh aye, & get the commercial manager in for his appraisal and ask him what new idea's he is comig up with for increasing revenue (3 course sumptuous dinners don't count).

Can't argue with any of that Kombi. Certainly SMISA should be asking their members to put forward proposals for the ballot rather than dictating what can or can't go forward. That was out of order.

I would have hoped by now that the CEO and the Chairman would have been on top of all the internal operations at the club and that they'd be listening to the customers comments regarding staff with the club, whether it's complaints about poor customer service, or comments and suggestions regarding commercial opportunities. Let's hope that the two ensure there is greater efficiency at the club before bringing out the begging bowl again

29 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I would have hoped by now that the CEO and the Chairman would have been on top of all the internal operations at the club

We would all have hoped too I think but, even with the best intentions, things don't always run to plan or how we would hope them to. Unexpected things happen that we don't anticipate. That happens to just about everyone at some stage.

I'd be a wee bit more forgiving with the timeframes with St Mirren' BOD and CEO as it is only 6 months in. Personally, I'd allow them this season to appraise the job in hand (but not sit on their laurels) but to start seeing their action plan being fruitful in the close season. Things should be improving/changing before then but I'd give them a full season before becoming critical.

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

A decent idea.

I certainly don't want any money back. I'm just happy to have contributed to setting up a facility that hopefully will be accessible to all at some point.

However, this would set Blub off into a rage filled tantrum as I'm not sure if this proposed usage of SMISA funds is "community minded" enough.

Amusing as it can be , I'm not sure any of us are ready for another hundred posts of delusional, attention seeking drivel.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A decent idea.

I certainly don't want any money back. I'm just happy to have contributed to setting up a facility that hopefully will be accessible to all at some point.

However, this would set Blub off into a rage filled tantrum as I'm not sure if this proposed usage of SMISA funds is "community minded" enough.

Amusing as it can be , I'm not sure any of us are ready for another hundred posts of delusional, attention seeking drivel.

Stop posting then. :P

5 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

We would all have hoped too I think but, even with the best intentions, things don't always run to plan or how we would hope them to. Unexpected things happen that we don't anticipate. That happens to just about everyone at some stage.

I'd be a wee bit more forgiving with the timeframes with St Mirren' BOD and CEO as it is only 6 months in. Personally, I'd allow them this season to appraise the job in hand (but not sit on their laurels) but to start seeing their action plan being fruitful in the close season. Things should be improving/changing before then but I'd give them a full season before becoming critical.

I don't think we should be forgiving on timescales at all Kombi, especially not when you consider the CEO was appointed to his post in January 2016, Gordon Scott was previously a club director, and SMiSA have been around for more than 10 years. The club has had the same Commercial Manager for 22 years apparently, and the Club Secretary - Lynn Watson - who I am told is related to the people running the club shop, that Dastardly says doesn't pay the club any money,  and the stewarding company, has been around for quite a few years as well. 

Tony Fitzpatrick was CEO when he promised fans that had been displaced from their stand to accommodate Rangers supporters last season, a promise that appears to have been quietly dropped without being fulfilled. Gordon Scott was Chairman when he promised to give free tickets to any St Mirren fan that beat him in the Paisley 10k - they went through the rigmarole of taking names and addresses - and then failed to deliver. Lynn Watson was the person who took the phone call from my son who wanted to complain about the parking at the club, she was the one who told him to send his complaint to her in an e-mail so she could ignore him that way too, and who claimed that St Mirren fans didn't pay enough for car parking. She's also the person who will have cost the club 2 season ticket holders come the start of next season as a result. 

All these people should be doing far better in the role. The shoddy customer service, the poor service delivery, the lack of leadership, the lack of transparency at SMiSA, the lack of efficiency and the fact that the board chose to beg for money off the SMiSA membership rather than look at the operations within the club speaks volumes IMO. I don't think extending the honeymoon period longer is doing anyone any favours. 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I don't think we should be forgiving on timescales at all Kombi, especially not when you consider the CEO was appointed to his post in January 2016, Gordon Scott was previously a club director, and SMiSA have been around for more than 10 years. The club has had the same Commercial Manager for 22 years apparently, and the Club Secretary - Lynn Watson - who I am told is related to the people running the club shop, that Dastardly says doesn't pay the club any money,  and the stewarding company, has been around for quite a few years as well. 

Tony Fitzpatrick was CEO when he promised fans that had been displaced from their stand to accommodate Rangers supporters last season, a promise that appears to have been quietly dropped without being fulfilled. Gordon Scott was Chairman when he promised to give free tickets to any St Mirren fan that beat him in the Paisley 10k - they went through the rigmarole of taking names and addresses - and then failed to deliver. Lynn Watson was the person who took the phone call from my son who wanted to complain about the parking at the club, she was the one who told him to send his complaint to her in an e-mail so she could ignore him that way too, and who claimed that St Mirren fans didn't pay enough for car parking. She's also the person who will have cost the club 2 season ticket holders come the start of next season as a result. 

All these people should be doing far better in the role. The shoddy customer service, the poor service delivery, the lack of leadership, the lack of transparency at SMiSA, the lack of efficiency and the fact that the board chose to beg for money off the SMiSA membership rather than look at the operations within the club speaks volumes IMO. I don't think extending the honeymoon period longer is doing anyone any favours. 

If you have already resigned your membership of SMiSA, and will shortly be giving up two season tickets, such is your discontent with all things St Mirren, then I assume in 2017 you will have little need to frequent this forum so often to mump your gums about a football club who disappoint you in so many areas. CEO, chairman, SMiSA, staff, lack of community projects, broken promises....

Why bother yourself if they constantly let you down in all areas of their operation?

Edited by pozbaird

If you have already resigned your membership of SMiSA, and will be giving up two season tickets too, such is your discontent with all things St Mirren. I assume that in 2017 you will have little need to frequent this forum so often to mump your gums about a football club who disappoint you in so many areas. CEO, chairman, SMiSA, staff, lack of community projects, broken promises....

I didn't realise this was a forum only for super dooper ultra happy clappers with reserved seats and a SMISA membership. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I didn't realise this was a forum only for super dooper ultra happy clappers with reserved seats and a SMISA membership. :wacko:

It isn't. St Mirren clearly disappoint you in so many areas. Why do you bother frequenting the main fan forum to moan about all areas of a football club that forever fail to meet the standards you think they should be holding.

Edit: Is it because you're just a trolling cnut?

So ban me Div.

Edited by pozbaird

It isn't. St Mirren clearly disappoint you in so many areas. Why do you bother frequenting the main fan forum to moan about all areas of a football club that forever fail to meet the standards you think they should be holding.

A strange question coming from you since you never stopped moaning about Hall Of Fame boards :rolleyes:

On 22 December 2016 at 9:04 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

That's not quite what I was saying. AFAIK Gordon Scott did use his own money to buy the majority shareholding in his joint bid with SMISA. I am not claiming he is a Craig Whyte / Dave King figure who has duped people to gain ownership of the club. He said before during and after the takeover that once he bought the club and became chairman he would not invest any more of his own cash after this. Given he is due to get his initial investment back in 10 years time when SMISA buy him out (no harm in that either, by the way), it would be nice if he and the directors were prepared to match fans funding on extra projects like repairing the undersoil heating, emergency budget for players in this January window to boost the fight against relegation, replacement of astroturf pitch at Ralston, repair of first team dressing rooms at Ralston etc.

Ok sorry if I thought you meant something else . It does seem to me that GS gets an awful lot of protection from everyone . I don't see any posts that say I was correct in that already our funds are being used for issues that should be paid for by Directors . If you think that the fans takeover is going to happen AS GS says you and others are dreaming . I'm sorry as this sounds harsh but it just will not happen the whole thing just smells bad . I must also say at the recent AGM Gordon did not come accross well at all and Jack Ross was quite superb . 

For me, I don't have a strong opinion one way or another about Gordon Scott, other than since he is the current chairman, I hope he does well for us. I would agree that he seems to be bulletproof at the moment in terms of criticism sticking to him, but that's no bad thing if he is planning to be around for 10 years. I do find it ironic that while the old BoD have taken pelters for their "lack of investment" in their time in charge GLS has said he is only investing once (his £600k to buy the shareholding) in his time as chairman and he on't be lending the club money if we have cashflow issues or need to invest in the team or facilities.` Given he should get his £600k back within 10 years if everything works out he'll end up being chairman for 10 years and getting all his cash back (much like the previous board except they dipped into their personal coffers every year to keep the club going).

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Wel said am I glad that at least you and me see it the same way . Tony Fitzpartick is a living legend and I want to make this very clear . He deserves and should be given a role within The Club but he's just NOT CEO material . This position requires very special skills and it's just not possible to acquire these skills while in a position like Tony finds himself . After attending the AGM Last week I'm even more convinced that GS has no clue how to run a Football Club . Fans see him as some sort of saviour but it will prove to be the exact opposite Just wait and see . It's not the managers job to represent The Board but I honestly feel that he is a fantastic appointment but a lucky one as he was not the choice of GS . It will all come out very shortly and it will result in resignations wait and see