Back the manager and the team!

I hate hearing the abuse from the stands, but it's really down to the players to stop it. There has been support this season, and there have been games where the fans have really got behind the team, but it's the players letting them down most of the time, not the other way round. What do they expect the reaction from a 3-0 humping to be?

Also, we are down to the nutters now as far as the fans go. The guys still showing up are the hardcore who are still paying money to see their team lose every week, and to be honest, it's incredible there are still so many of us. The guy having a go at Ross at the weekend might be a pain in the arse, but he's there every week, helping fund these guys wages and is worth much more to the club than people who never go telling him how he should behave on here.

I hate hearing the abuse from the stands, but it's really down to the players to stop it. There has been support this season, and there have been games where the fans have really got behind the team, but it's the players letting them down most of the time, not the other way round. What do they expect the reaction from a 3-0 humping to be?
Also, we are down to the nutters now as far as the fans go. The guys still showing up are the hardcore who are still paying money to see their team lose every week, and to be honest, it's incredible there are still so many of us. The guy having a go at Ross at the weekend might be a pain in the arse, but he's there every week, helping fund these guys wages and is worth much more to the club than people who never go telling him how he should behave on here.

There have been times when the team has put in such an effort that it has generated an amazing atmosphere from the stand.

Dare I say it tho, that is not so much support as reactionary.

That is exactly what Jack Ross is trying to get through to the players...

but in the meantime I do think there is a case to be made for supporting them through this transitionary phase whether deserved or not.

What's the worst that could happen?

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

That's f**king bonkers. 

"You're doing shite, if I boo and scream at you, you'll definitely do better tho.."

:blink:

Definitely your a scary guy. I'd certainly want to improve to stop you screaming and booing at me. I would just convince myself that if I made you happy you would say something nice and then I would be proud.    :D because I wasn't shite... Simples

3 hours ago, norman said:

I guess that it is true then. I am a nutter. I go to the games home and away and support the team.

I hurt like everyone else when we lose and it hasn't escaped everyones attention that we have been doing that a lot.

I don't however shout at the players, boo or show dislike for any player or manager.

I do encourage the team verbally. I do make a noise.

However poor the players might be, they are streets ahead of what I could have done.

I am not asking people to become happy clappers but it is easy to cheer or sing when you are winning.

Tougher to do so when we are up against it.

Each to their own I suppose.

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I guess that it is true then. I am a nutter. I go to the games home and away and support the team.

I hurt like everyone else when we lose and it hasn't escaped everyones attention that we have been doing that a lot.

I don't however shout at the players, boo or show dislike for any player or manager.

I do encourage the team verbally. I do make a noise.

However poor the players might be, they are streets ahead of what I could have done.

I am not asking people to become happy clappers but it is easy to cheer or sing when you are winning.

Tougher to do so when we are up against it.

Each to their own I suppose.

I'm the same as you, though I have to admit the away games have tailed off considerably. Don't get me wrong, the boo boys do my head in. I sit in W2, and there is a pair of headaches in there, a father/son combo, who are f**king lunatics. They scream and shout abuse for the full 90, aimed at everyone from linesman to whatever player they are blaming for this week's defeat and it gets tiresome. However, they are absolutely die hard St.Mirren fans, pumping lots if their disposable income into the club. I don't believe paying money gives you the right to say what you want at the football, but there is no doubt these guys are hurting as much as the rest of us having to watch this team right now.

10 minutes ago, norman said:

I'm the same as you, though I have to admit the away games have tailed off considerably. Don't get me wrong, the boo boys do my head in. I sit in W2, and there is a pair of headaches in there, a father/son combo, who are f**king lunatics. They scream and shout abuse for the full 90, aimed at everyone from linesman to whatever player they are blaming for this week's defeat and it gets tiresome. However, they are absolutely die hard St.Mirren fans, pumping lots if their disposable income into the club. I don't believe paying money gives you the right to say what you want at the football, but there is no doubt these guys are hurting as much as the rest of us having to watch this team right now.

Supporters vent their frustrations in different ways . I personally don't think any good comes of  shouting and screaming at our own players , especially the younger ones . As for booing , I've done this at half time and full time on many occasions . 

55 minutes ago, munoz said:

Supporters vent their frustrations in different ways . I personally don't think any good comes of  shouting and screaming at our own players , especially the younger ones . As for booing , I've done this at half time and full time on many occasions . 

I boo at half time when there's nae pies left. 

Well, 3 new signings and we're now feeling a bit more confident.

Don't let anybody be foolish, we are is serious trouble but nothing is impossible.

Again, the turn around has to start soon as with every passing game our odds of surviving diminish.

Fingers crossed as I think we need more than a fair slice of luck to get out of this shit position.

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 9:36 PM, proudtobeabuddy said:

I think the fans do help, i can think of several key games over the years where the fans were the 12th man and lifted the players when they needed it.

Fans make a difference.

Noisy and positive fans = success for the team on the park.

There is a chicken and egg question but I go for the positive approach. 

I would say that the fans backing helped yesterday. Earlier in the season we would have crumbled and lost yesterday's game. I thought the backing from the saints fans was excellent and was just a pity we didn't sneak it at the end. We didn't lose any ground on Ayr and gained a point on Dumbarton and with a huge home game against Falkirk followed by Dumbarton away we could be potentially 1 win away from catching both teams, assuming other teams do us a favour. I'll take yesterdays point as a positive.

1 hour ago, dr rotund said:

I would say that the fans backing helped yesterday. Earlier in the season we would have crumbled and lost yesterday's game. I thought the backing from the saints fans was excellent and was just a pity we didn't sneak it at the end. We didn't lose any ground on Ayr and gained a point on Dumbarton and with a huge home game against Falkirk followed by Dumbarton away we could be potentially 1 win away from catching both teams, assuming other teams do us a favour. I'll take yesterdays point as a positive.

Agree with that . The away support has always been far more patient than the home , and more vocal . Much prefer the away trips to the home games . 

Still plenty of time and points available to turn this around .

I was discussing this with a friend at the game yesterday, he sits in W1 (home to its own lunatic too). I noted that I'd actually noticed kids in W2 wearing headphones and he indicated that he wouldn't take his kid along. I know we have a family stand, but we're now at the point where a minority are actually becoming a very real issue. Sadly, besides using April's SMISA money to build them a soundproof booth, there's probably very little that can be done about it.

2 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

The away support at Dunfermline were magnificent yesterday.

At home, there seem to be a small, but loud, number of foul mouthed people who seem to come along with the intention of abusing players, manager and officials.

What they get from coming along I just don't know.

I am no angel but I just find it tedious.

Also objectionable.

I was discussing this with a friend at the game yesterday, he sits in W1 (home to its own lunatic too). I noted that I'd actually noticed kids in W2 wearing headphones and he indicated that he wouldn't take his kid along. I know we have a family stand, but we're now at the point where a minority are actually becoming a very real issue. Sadly, besides using April's SMISA money to build them a soundproof booth, there's probably very little that can be done about it.