Latest Scores

FTOF

33 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Another VAR travesty this evening.

So much for sorting out cheating to gain advantage.

I certainly wasn’t convinced that there was a penalty tonight and thought that there should have been the other night. I thought tonight that the referee didn’t give soft decisions apart from the penalty, “assisted by VAR). Thought that there was also a blatant tug on a shirt by a defender in the English Box but a foul was given the other way. Opinions! VAR or no VAR we still have them.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I've only seen the England "penalty" incident once but, one, I don't think there was enough to justify the call and, two, wasn't Kane offside? 

Not sure about the offside but a very soft award. I thought Kane fell over and then the other player fell and then hit Kane.

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Using one example hardly makes VAR a failure.  

I didn't say it was a failure.

However, it's not, IMO, proving to be the as effective as proponents for its introduction are making out.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I didn't say it was a failure.

However, it's not, IMO, proving to be the as effective as proponents for its introduction are making out.

I'd disagree, it gets the vast majority of decisions correct. Considerably more than the referee on his own does but, yeah, it's not infallible so there's still some of this debate that some see as an important part of the game. 

Channel 4's coverage, the two females with Michael Owen, is pish poor.

I could search for their girls names but no point, they are both mince, although wee Michael isn't the most enthralling. 

They, for some weird reason, just done a "live link" to New YorK with Del Piero, the time delay meant it was a pointless exercise, jeezo. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

England 0-0 Italy, reasonable game, when you get two sides with decent players all over the park it can sometimes end up with no goals, although both teams did create a few chances.

I like the look of Bowen, West Ham, attacking and direct, he might be a target for a bigger club over the summer. 

Didn’t know England were playing

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're not bright enough, you just make a fool of yourself then have no grace to admit you are a dimwit. :byebye

It's ok, your secrets safe with me. :lol:

You are too, too easy.

Maybe you need a holiday.

Tom Grennan, he's one of them pop starts for the older forum members, had a great attempt, Peter Cech had to look lively to push it away/over. 

That's obviously just a typo but can I ask one thing - how does a pop tart manage to play football. :whistle