Scotland Football Club

shull

On 11/22/2023 at 6:28 AM, faraway saint said:

FB_IMG_1700634463656.thumb.jpg.113248ece3a4da8763380da74db6d77c.jpg

Can't wait for the draw tomorrow night.

Worst draw for me...............

Portugal, Turkey and, rather obviously, Italy although they aren't in pot 4 for nothing.

Best draw for me.............

Germany, Romania and any of the play off winners. 

Whatever it brings looking forward to a great summer of football. 

Can't wait for the draw tomorrow night.
Worst draw for me...............
Portugal, Turkey and, rather obviously, Italy although they aren't in pot 4 for nothing.
Best draw for me.............
Germany, Romania and any of the play off winners. 
Whatever it brings looking forward to a great summer of football. 
Did Italy not move up the FIFA rankings this week?

10 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I hope Ross Stewart is back fit and scoring well soon after Christmas 

it would be fantastic to finally see him fulfill his potential in a Scotland shirt

I was watching for another great performance from John McGinn (in MOTD) Bournemouth v Villa, this evening.

I really had to search to see him onscreen.

He was not involved in the goals up front, nor in the defensive lapses.  Just lurking away from all action, around the centre circle….

Wasn’t surprised when he was subbed about 65minutes in.  Maybe knackered from watching the Euro draw or something.  Or injured.  A performance that was very unlike the man.  Hope he’s ok.

I want to see him continue his typically all-round, exuberant fitba through to the Euros.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I see the inevitable rip off for tickets in Germany next year 

Prices rocketing although I'd hope the Scotland club members are safe from this carry on. 

First game, being the opening game, is a bit steep with 3500 tickets or so at 50 Euros, 3000 or so at 195 Euros and the rest at 400 or 600 Euros. Other two games are 30, Euros, 60, Euros, 150 Euros and 200 Euros in same quantities.............First two category prices aren't too bad for a "Championships" but other two categories pretty steep.

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

First game, being the opening game, is a bit steep with 3500 tickets or so at 50 Euros, 3000 or so at 195 Euros and the rest at 400 or 600 Euros. Other two games are 30, Euros, 60, Euros, 150 Euros and 200 Euros in same quantities.............First two category prices aren't too bad for a "Championships" but other two categories pretty steep.

I really think it’s outrageous to be charging significantly higher prices for the opening game. UEFA are already making an absolute fortune in profit from advertising snd TV revenue. 

I was at the opening game in WC 1998. What a fcuking pile of shite. And so was Darren Jackson. 

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

When you add on the inevitable hike in flights, hotels, food/drink it's some moneymaker.  

20 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Caught a wee bit of a news item with a fiasco on the sale of tickets for the Scotland supporters.

Jeezo. 

To be fair everything was fixed and re-scheduled for today and seemed to go without a hitch....well at least for me anyway 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Uefa Nations League draw takes place on Thursday February 8th 2024 in Paris, starting at 5pm UK time.

Who would you like to face?

Pot 1: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Netherlands

Pot 2: Denmark, Portugal, Belgium, Hungary

Pot 3: Switzerland, Germany, Poland, France

Pot 4: Israel, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Scotland

No easy games but, for me, Croatia, Hungary and Poland. Only because they are the ones I know least about, so I could be totally wrong. [emoji1787]