London Bridge

Drew

London Bridge & Borough Market is one of the areas in London that I'd go out drinking when on a night out with the wife.

About 100 yards down the road from where the van was crashed (outside the Barrowboy & Banker pub) there is a courtyard where an old coaching Inn is. The George Inn & a swanky bar are enclosed in a courtyard, where, there'd be no escape if these cunts had gone left instead of right. It would have been absolute carnage as it is usually rammed in that courtyard & only a 10 foot (if that) passage way to get out onto Borough High Street.

There are loads of areas in central London (& in every town & city across the UK) that get absolutely rammed on weekend nights, the police won't be able to watch them all for ever. Hopefully, none us will ever find out if we have the courage to do something if ever caught up in a situation like this. Keep Safe Buds.

Edited by Kombibuddie
typo

10 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

London Bridge & Borough Market is one of the areas in London that I'd go out drinking when on a night out with the wife.

About 100 yards down the road from where the van was crashed (outside the Barrowboy & Banker pub) there is a courtyard where an old coaching Inn is. The George Inn & a swanky bar are enclosed in a courtyard, where, there'd be no escape if these cunts had gone left instead of right. It would have been absolute carnage as it is usually rammed in that courtyard & only a 10 foot (if that) passage way to get out onto Borough High Street.

There are loads of areas in central London (& in every town & city across the UK) that get absolutely rammed on weekend nights, the police won't be able to watch them all for ever. Hopefully, none us will ever find out if we have the courage to do something if ever caught up in a situation like this. Keep Safe Buds.

Courage is not the right word here.

I have been involved in incidents where I have jumped in to help someone being beaten up and I have been in incidents where I have panicked and walked away from trouble.

In the incident when I got involved, there was no emotion at all. I was in auto-pilot, zoned out and acting on pure instinct.

There was almost no thought process at all. There wasn't time. If I had thought about it, I would have probably got out of the way.

That is almost certainly the case for everyone who gets involved and is why I hate the use of the word "hero".

There is nothing heroic or cowardly about people's reactions in such circumstances IMO.

I remember getting particularly annoyed at that guy at Glasgow Airport who was dining out and making money on the attention he was getting.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

I have been involved in incidents where I have jumped in to help someone being beaten up and I have been in incidents where I have panicked and walked away from trouble.

In the incident when I got involved, there was no emotion at all. I was in auto-pilot, zoned out and acting on pure instinct.

There was almost no thought process at all. There wasn't time. If I had thought about it, I would have probably got out of the way.

That is almost certainly the case for everyone who gets involved and is why I hate the use of the word "hero".

There is nothing heroic or cowardly about people's reactions in such circumstances IMO.

I take your point.

Fight or Flight can be joined by Freeze, I agree everyone reacts differently. My point was, hopefully none of us will find out (as you have) of how we'd react in such a situation.

On 4 June 2017 at 11:39 PM, oaksoft said:

Now (Slarti) see if you cant turn that magnificent brain of yours to the problem of solving...   antibiotic resistant venereal disease.

Let me know how you get on. I will stay online in feverish anticipation.

Ah.

So, this explains those posts packed with rants, raves and illogicality.

there, there, oaky, there, there.... :unsure:

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I remember getting particularly annoyed at that guy at Glasgow Airport who was dining out and making money on the attention he was getting.

To be fair, when you "jumped in" the people involved were only 5 years old, but we'll done.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

To be fair, when you "jumped in" the people involved were only 5 years old, but we'll done.

They were particularly vicious 5 year olds. They were slapping, pulling hair and everything.

You don't know man. You weren't there.

8 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Except Oaky missed an apostrophe on can't in his post :P

Doing apostrophes on an iPad is a pain in the arse so you can always tell when I am using one.

Today I am on a desktop.

Of course, I could be hiding the fact that despite having two full degrees and a PhD that I have no understanding of basic grammar.

I will leave others to guess. Woul'd,nt want to spoil the fun.,.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I wax there, I had to jump in and pull them off

You wax 5 year olds?

And that second sentence......FFS

What is wrong with you?

ETA. Oh hang on, it was a comma not a full stop. False alarm. Want to be careful what you post bud. There are some bastards out there who would deliberately misquote you.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, cos internment was a roaring success in Northern Irelan

That was then, this is now.  At least the IRA gave warnings most of the time.  These Cnuts don't.  Lock them up, keep them off the streets.

:music"Would you like a Chicken Tikka Abdul Hamsa" :music

Edited by Vambo57
To add some humour

35 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

That was then, this is now.  At least the IRA gave warnings most of the time.  These Cnuts don't.  Lock them up, keep them off the streets.

I think it's generally accepted Internment was a failure in NI and the greatest "Recruiting Sergeant" the IRA ever had.

The inconsistency in standards is one of the frustrating aspects of the battle with terrorism - terrorists often claim the benefits of Human Rights while not offering them in response. Take Abu Quatada who clearly despised this country yet used it's Human Rights laws to defy deportation for 10 years.

The reality is that if we don't maintain our higher standards we have lost the battle with ISIS, it will be used as an argument against us to radicalize young Muslims within the country making the situation worse and let's not discount the "thin end of the wedge" argument.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think it's generally accepted Internment was a failure in NI and the greatest "Recruiting Sergeant" the IRA ever had.

The inconsistency in standards is one of the frustrating aspects of the battle with terrorism - terrorists often claim the benefits of Human Rights while not offering them in response. Take Abu Quatada who clearly despised this country yet used it's Human Rights laws to defy deportation for 10 years.

The reality is that if we don't maintain our higher standards we have lost the battle with ISIS, it will be used as an argument against us to radicalize young Muslims within the country making the situation worse and let's not discount the "thin end of the wedge" argument.

Aye, all well and good but can we hang "them" all? :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

I don't know where to start