Mixing Of Family Stand

• 3 weeks later...

well guys at last nights game the away fans were again on ma dads seat totally pissed the auld yin right off that bad he went down to ground this morning and changed his seat to the west stand at the cost of a fiver .he  had the same seat from day one  tell ye one auld disgruntled fan  ...well done st mirren :angry:

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 2:33 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Obviously it's not acceptable to many FS. That is clear from this thread alone.

As ever, I'm only giving my opinion.

As for times changing, in the (VERY) unlikely event of me having another child, my views on how to bring them up certainly wouldn't change. If I didn't want my kid to hear swear words, I wouldn't take them to a fitba match. I just happen to believe that there are worse things in the world than your child hearing swear words (that they've probably heard a hundred times before anyway). It's just my personal view, but I think this sort of attitude says more about the parent's inability to handle or deal with this situation, than it does about the effect on the child.

I am a Saints Fan..not a saint  I am sure that many if not most of us have sworn at one time or another. I think the point is whether or not this is the common culture at the ground..I don't think so. Is it the culture in the family stand...certainly not. As for the West Stand....I understand that some swearing is going to take place.  But...90 minutes full of nothing but swearing from any individual or groups. Despite the impression I night have given, Paisley and the Saints Fans are generally well behaved and courteous to others. I love the drum.  I love the noise the young guys make. 

Edited by St.Ricky

This mixing of Family stand ruins the match experience for both sets of fans.

They can't react, sing, shout etc the way they would if in North or West stands yet we have to listen to them in Family stand.

How do you think our travelling support would feel / react, if placed into opponents Family stand ?

Meeting that was to be held on 3rd Aug to discuss this never took place but has apparently been rescheduled for next week.

Won't be holding my breath, feel they may be about to lose more fans from Family Stand.

11 minutes ago, woiiftm said:

This mixing of Family stand ruins the match experience for both sets of fans.

They can't react, sing, shout etc the way they would if in North or West stands yet we have to listen to them in Family stand.

How do you think our travelling support would feel / react, if placed into opponents Family stand ?

Meeting that was to be held on 3rd Aug to discuss this never took place but has apparently been rescheduled for next week.

Won't be holding my breath, feel they may be about to lose more fans from Family Stand.

Does the meeting involve Smisa representing their membership and 30% club shareholders? 

Thats who to get onto.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Then the solution is simple.  Into the main stand they can go . Can then be personally welcomed by the board and be given access to the 1877 club before the game . Sorted 

Our own fans who aren't members or signed in by members can't access the 1877 Club, so why should away fans?

Also, why move existing ST holders to accommodate away fans in the South Stand? We have an entire stand where they can sit. That's where they should be.

If I understand things our fans were welcomed at Livvy. Why should we not do the same? I am a member of 1877. 

As for the stands....My suggestion was firmly  tongue in cheek and you have rightly pointed out the simple solution.

Having said that. ..personally, I like mixing with other fans. I am sure you do as well.

If I understand things our fans were welcomed at Livvy. Why should we not do the same? I am a member of 1877. 
As for the stands....My suggestion was firmly  tongue in cheek and you have rightly pointed out the simple solution.
Having said that. ..personally, I like mixing with other fans. I am sure you do as well.

Since you are a member you must have an ides of how many members there are so would know there not enough room for 100 or so away fans. Don't think the bar at Livy is owned by the club so to me that mean it is open to all, not just football fans.

6 hours ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Away fans in the North Stand. Not in any of the 3 home stands.

Disappointed that this issue is still ongoing.

Essentially the conclusion I came to.

Hence my nonsense. 

North Stand = Away Fans

1877.....now busy. Now full.

• 2 weeks later...