Guest TPAFKATS

They are all British songs though, nothing to do with Scotland v England. Indeed, Rule Britannia was written by a Scot.
They are songs sung by English football fans when they follow their national team. The only non English fans who sing these are sevco. Some norn irn fans might also like a bit of GSTQ.
This is actually a great example of how England and Britain has become blurred and share an identity but that's for another thread.

Is someone seriously taking offence to a St Mirren song which simply celebrates a famous victory at Celtic Park!? Really? The part about ‘couldnae’ hear the Soldier Song’ clearly, absolutely, 100% is saying that St Mirren were shutting up the home fans and you couldn’t hear them.

Personally, if there’s anything to get offended about from those days, it’s Celtic fans singing about the IRA or hunger strikers, and fcuking the Queen, or Michael Ryan breaking into Buckingham Palace, or gibbering about Popes, beads and Rome, or whatever other shit that side of the ugly brothers had in their extensive songbook.

FFS.

They are songs sung by English football fans when they follow their national team. The only non English fans who sing these are sevco. Some norn irn fans might also like a bit of GSTQ.
This is actually a great example of how England and Britain has become blurred and share an identity but that's for another thread.

The fact that Rangers and England fans have hijacked the songs isn’t something that we should take offence to.

It’s something that should be laughed at.

5 hours ago, Doakes said:

Still in touch with a few Bradford fans who travelled up for that game. Clearly weren't too offended, one of the lads actually travelled up to watch us play QOTS. Had him singing Saints songs in the Spread Eagle :lol:

To be fair, it was only a handful of youngsters that day. They just happened to be sat in the row behind us so a bit too close for comfort.  The funny thing is i'm probably friendly on a one to one, personal level with the lads who were singing on Saturday. As has been said, it probably wasn't too venomous and just a means of winding the mackems up or a reaction to their songs.

Guest TPAFKATS

The fact that Rangers and England fans have hijacked the songs isn’t something that we should take offence to.

Not sure anyone is taking offence at that?

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The next time someone sings ‘Paisley’s a shithole, I want to go home’, that’s it, I’m going to be offended down to my boots. That’s my hometown that is. Barstewards. Disgrace. Get it sorted Stubbs.

TBF- In the main- It is

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Reported. For offending me. :P

That's ok Bud, I also offended myself. Certainly not starting a thread but do u think the council could get shot of trees growing out the top of some buildings in the Town Centre. Lazy cnuts

20 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

Not sure anyone is taking offence at that?

Other than the Saints fans singing anti-English songs in response?

Edited by Wendy Saintss

20 hours ago, DougJamie said:

That's ok Bud, I also offended myself. Certainly not starting a thread but do u think the council could get shot of trees growing out the top of some buildings in the Town Centre. Lazy cnuts

Nature's impromptu  window boxes.

Mostly the buddleja  plant.

Sounds as though it should come from Paisly, but comes from China. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Other than the Saints fans singing anti-English songs in response?
Nah, that's just football fans being football fans. From both sides.
The Buddies certainly aren't offended.

I'm guessing rule Britannia and GSTQ were getting sung because we were Scottish. Can't see the mackems having it as one of their own songs really. All banter. Same as the anti-English songs. If anyone was offended then f**k them [emoji41]

8 minutes ago, st jock said:

I'm guessing rule Britannia and GSTQ were getting sung because we were Scottish. Can't see the mackems having it as one of their own songs really. All banter. Same as the anti-English songs. If anyone was offended then f**k them emoji41.png

GSTQ Verse 4 is Anti Scottish..................

With Brexit coming up, the English better get used to everyone hating them ( even more)

24 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

GSTQ Verse 4 is Anti Scottish..................

Don't sing it then if it annoys you. 

There could be  Scottish things to be Anti about. 

Maybe, when the song was written there was maybe some Scots who were undesirables.

It beggars belief that in 2018 we can still be obsessing over stuff like GSTQ and "Hate the English".

No doubt both are sung as an attempt at "banter" but it's embarassingly shite banter.

It's so shite that even hiring Pozbaird to come up with a replacement which included something about Asda, white dog shite and "whaurs the marquee signings" would give us something funnier.

59 minutes ago, shull said:

Don't sing it then if it annoys you. 

There could be  Scottish things to be Anti about. 

Maybe, when the song was written there was maybe some Scots who were undesirables.

I wouldn't sing any of it, has to be the most boring anthem ever written..................

Undesirable to who exactly ?

Wade was a murderous monster who killed little kids as well as " soldiers"

Probably your ancestors died at his sword.......

So go on insult ur heritage and have a wee hum to it :whistle

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I wouldn't sing any of it, has to be the most boring anthem ever written..................

Undesirable to who exactly ?

Wade was a murderous monster who killed little kids as well as " soldiers"

Probably your ancestors died at his sword.......

So go on insult ur heritage and have a wee hum to it :whistle

Zzzzzzzzzzzz 

Guest TPAFKATS
Go Brexit!  Stuff the EU. Stuff the Labour Party.
The labour party voting is pro brexit, they are the only reason the government is still in place.