Three Questions Top Man Jimbo Could Ask Stubbs

13 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He's allowed time off, just as everyone is. Regarding whining to strangers, I take it that's idle gossip that you're throwing into the mix, just to help the manager?

Who said pre-season is unimportant? Results are unimportant, performances are important but not the be all and end all - gaining fitness and sharpness is the most important thing of all. If we aren't ready and firing on day 1 of the league season, that will be a concern to me. The fact we haven't invested what we needed to in the playing squad is something that should be down to the board as much as - if not more than - the manager. By the whispers of his whining, it appears that others have the same concerns on that front.

You seem incredibly annoyed that the manager and assistant had a day off on Thursday. Can you detail their hours in the weeks since they've been in charge? Or are you content to simply throw mud at them, along with some tittle tattle that you've heard on the grapevine?

I heard from two trustworthy friends, one of whom is a saints fan, who met the pair at Carnoustie in the corporate hospitality area..  No idle chit chat here.  Of course, everyone is allowed a day off, but there is a time and a place as well as a way to conduct yourself when enjoying hospitality

Just now, beyond our ken said:

I heard from two trustworthy friends, one of whom is a saints fan, who met the pair at Carnoustie in the corporate hospitality area..  No idle chit chat here.  Of course, everyone is allowed a day off, but there is a time and a place as well as a way to conduct yourself when enjoying hospitality

These may be trustworthy friends to you, but I don't know you from Adam therefore I'm not going to take it as gospel - no offence intended. So for me, it is idle chit chat until I have either more sources of this info, or I get it from someone I know and trust.

Everyone is allowed a day off, as long as you approve the time and date...

6 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Have to confess that I was at the Corporate Hospitality at Carnoustie in 2007 and couldn't bite my thumb after visiting the Bollinger tent. Happy Days.

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

These may be trustworthy friends to you, but I don't know you from Adam therefore I'm not going to take it as gospel - no offence intended. So for me, it is idle chit chat until I have either more sources of this info, or I get it from someone I know and trust.

Everyone is allowed a day off, as long as you approve the time and date...

That's a bit twisted, two days before an important part of your pre-season, which thousands have paid up-front to attend, is a time to be concentrating on getting the most out of a squad and a budget that the manager himself considers insufficient.

You could believe me or you can ignore the facts.

He can have all the time off he wants when he gets the place organised

Edited by beyond our ken

39 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

That's a bit twisted, two days before an important part of your pre-season, which thousands have paid up-front to attend, is a time to be concentrating on getting the most out of a squad and a budget that the manager himself considers insufficient.

You could believe me or you can ignore the facts.

He can have all the time off he wants when he gets the place organised

Two days before a preseason friendly. Unacceptable. One day. Having worked probably the vast majority of days in the previous 5 or 6 weeks since taking over, I think he was probably due and allowed a day off, without obsessive fans frothing at the mouth about it. It appears not...

He can have time off right now, because that's how jobs work FFS... :lol:

51 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

What was wrong with the way he conducted himself?

Just now, Soctty said:

Two days before a preseason friendly. Unacceptable. One day. Having worked probably the vast majority of days in the previous 5 or 6 weeks since taking over, I think he was probably due and allowed a day off, without obsessive fans frothing at the mouth about it. It appears not...

So it's gone from "how do I know how many days he has worked" to your estimation of how many he has "probably" worked

Dear, Dear!

39 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

So it's gone from "how do I know how many days he has worked" to your estimation of how many he has "probably" worked

Dear, Dear!

Nice to see we've narrowed your concerns down to this.

My work is done... :P

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Did I mention that I was at Corporate Hospitality once?:guinness

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

He can have the rest of the year off for all I care. Sincerely hope we have some sort of pay-off clause inserted in case he proves as awful an appointment as most of the support knew he would be !

Just now, billyg said:

He can have the rest of the year off for all I care. Sincerely hope we have some sort of pay-off clause inserted in case he proves as awful an appointment as most of the support knew he would be !

Did you conduct a wide ranging Poll?

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Two of our company solicitors were in the conversation, one of whom is a lifelong saints fan with no real axe to grind.  he is an impeccable source.

As one of my solicitor friends says.  Solicitors are gentlemen by act of parliament,  the rest of us have to work at it. 

Added that if made then being reported on here might just be what he wanted.

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

As one of my solicitor friends says.  Solicitors are gentlemen by act of parliament,  the rest of us have to work at it. 

Added that if made then being reported on here might just be what he wanted.

Pretty extreme to call me a liar and to infer the same about my friends.  i never post rumours or so-called "in the know" nonsense on this forum.

I expected that smug wee reply to be honest-at least you could have been a wee bit more imaginative with the comeback