Jump to content

St.Ricky

Saint Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup January 2019

Recommended Posts


17 minutes ago, shull said:

Won't be close if the outcome is 6 nil to us, or them. 

Will be to us I am guessing. 

I hope you are right.  Pars scored 2 in the first half (one an IG)  Alloa looked very vulnerable. 

They put an extra man into the middle of the park and nullified the Pars in an attacking sense. 

Second half,  Alloa were impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I hope you are right.  Pars scored 2 in the first half (one an IG)  Alloa looked very vulnerable. 

They put an extra man into the middle of the park and nullified the Pars in an attacking sense. 

Second half,  Alloa were impressive.

2 championship teams struggling in the bottom half.

We really have to be better than either of them - even with the chaos we have had this season... and as yet we don't know who else will be coming to improve us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

2 championship teams struggling in the bottom half.

We really have to be better than either of them - even with the chaos we have had this season... and as yet we don't know who else will be coming to improve us...

Let’s be honest, we’d probably be a bottom half Championship side as well right now.

Could be tough if we have a few new bodies in there as well. Alloa are holding their own in a very difficult league, this will be no easy game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Let’s be honest, we’d probably be a bottom half Championship side as well right now.

Could be tough if we have a few new bodies in there as well. Alloa are holding their own in a very difficult league, this will be no easy game.

I don't fully agree but understand where you are coming from. But the top league is a big  step up. Our main issue is scoring goals and creating chances, but guys like Kirkpatrick will be their level - he was not good enough for us.

No doubt they will sit in tight and try and catch us when they break out, but if we get the reinforcements we clearly need, they should be brushed aside.

3 or 4 to nil for us ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the knickerwetters - we can still field a team for the Alloa game

Provisional Team to play Alloa as off 7th January

1    GK  Rodgers     - if Lyness does not resign and Rodgers does not get sent back

2.   LB  Erhahon

3.  RB  P. McGinn

4. LM  Kellerman   - if he is not back out on loan

5. CB  Baird

6. CB  Hodson - if Ferdinand goes or is injured

7. CM S. McGinn

8. CM MacPherson - if he returns from injury on time

9. CF  Jackson

10. RM  Flynn - if he is not away

11. F    Cooke - if he returns from injury on time

 

Subs  

Jaimeson

Bredner

Eckerley   maybees

O'Keefe

Glover

Wilks

Mullen if not still injured

 

Still injured

MacKenzie

Magennis

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

For the knickerwetters - we can still field a team for the Alloa game

Provisional Team to play Alloa as off 7th January

1    GK  Rodgers     - if Lyness does not resign and Rodgers does not get sent back

2.   LB  Erhahon

3.  RB  P. McGinn

4. LM  Kellerman   - if he is not back out on loan

5. CB  Baird

6. CB  Hodson - if Ferdinand goes or is injured

7. CM S. McGinn

8. CM MacPherson - if he returns from injury on time

9. CF  Jackson

10. RM  Flynn - if he is not away

11. F    Cooke - if he returns from injury on time

 

Subs  

Jaimeson

Bredner

Eckerley   maybees

O'Keefe

Glover

Wilks

Mullen if not still injured

 

Still injured

MacKenzie

Magennis

 

 

Maybe but it doesn't look that strong!

There are a few in listed that I don't expect to be involved next week anyway.:whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

Maybe but it doesn't look that strong!

There are a few in listed that I don't expect to be involved next week anyway.:whistle

me too - I hope that you are right also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, Sweeper07 said:

For the knickerwetters - we can still field a team for the Alloa game

Provisional Team to play Alloa as off 7th January

1    GK  Rodgers     - if Lyness does not resign and Rodgers does not get sent back

2.   LB  Erhahon

3.  RB  P. McGinn

4. LM  Kellerman   - if he is not back out on loan

5. CB  Baird

6. CB  Hodson - if Ferdinand goes or is injured

7. CM S. McGinn

8. CM MacPherson - if he returns from injury on time

9. CF  Jackson

10. RM  Flynn - if he is not away

11. F    Cooke - if he returns from injury on time

 

Subs  

Jaimeson

Bredner

Eckerley   maybees

O'Keefe

Glover

Wilks

Mullen if not still injured

 

Still injured

MacKenzie

Magennis

 

 

One change.... Tansey in. 

Also..... 

MacKenzie back in training. 

And... 

Reportedly. 

Czech Goalkeeper and Rumanian Centre Back incoming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, St.Ricky said:

but One change.... Tansey in. 

Also..... 

MacKenzie back in training. 

And... 

Reportedly. 

Czech Goalkeeper and Rumanian Centre Back incoming.

 

Ricki, I was just being tongue in cheek - I knew that we would have others to fill the slots before we play Alloa.

But when you looked at our options as I listed them, with injuries and some players potentially away, you could see why folks were wetting their knickers. I did not even include Smith as I was sure he would be away - and we now know this is a reality.

Since I posted that Lyness and Eckers did go as I was alluding too as well.

But Hey Ho - We now have Tansey in CM, Popeye (keep feeding him spinach) at CB and Hladky in goals.

It looks like we will have Malec and Lyons and possibly a few more early next week... though it seems that we are doing things one player at a time - it means that we can concentrate on the legal bits of contracts without getting mixed up between each signing - who knows though some of this is likely to be worked on over the weekend.

I think the winger is one we want as well. So the gaps are reducing. LB and LM are the next priorities. (Possibly Polworth in a 3 would cover that but would he choose us over the Fakes - only if he believes he will be 1st choice with us and not guaranteed so with them)

I for one cannot believe the contrast between how we are going about our business now compared to the Stubbzo fiasco. It convinces me that the management learn from their mistakes and very professionally find the best solutions for the future..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Ricki, I was just being tongue in cheek - I knew that we would have others to fill the slots before we play Alloa.

But when you looked at our options as I listed them, with injuries and some players potentially away, you could see why folks were wetting their knickers. I did not even include Smith as I was sure he would be away - and we now know this is a reality.

Since I posted that Lyness and Eckers did go as I was alluding too as well.

But Hey Ho - We now have Tansey in CM, Popeye (keep feeding him spinach) at CB and Hladky in goals.

It looks like we will have Malec and Lyons and possibly a few more early next week... though it seems that we are doing things one player at a time - it means that we can concentrate on the legal bits of contracts without getting mixed up between each signing - who knows though some of this is likely to be worked on over the weekend.

I think the winger is one we want as well. So the gaps are reducing. LB and LM are the next priorities. (Possibly Polworth in a 3 would cover that but would he choose us over the Fakes - only if he believes he will be 1st choice with us and not guaranteed so with them)

I for one cannot believe the contrast between how we are going about our business now compared to the Stubbzo fiasco. It convinces me that the management learn from their mistakes and very professionally find the best solutions for the future..

I got that Sweeper.  Vastly different from the Lemming Like Summer rush.  A much better approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

).Watched Alloa for the second week running.  More importantly,  Brian Rice was there to watch them.  Very lively start by Alloa but Morton scored against the run of play when Kirkpatrick failed to gather a ball cleanly about 25-30 yards out.  Shot beat the keeper.  Second half was more end to end but Alloa edged out our neighbours with a disputed penalty (never a penalty. I was right behd be the goal) and a really bizarre own goal from an attempted clearance by a Morton defender which spun back  over the line. Some decent players in the Alloa side.  Look out  for Number 19, 11. 10 and 15 (Kirkpatrick) Big number 5 5trolls through games. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

).Watched Alloa for the second week running.  More importantly,  Brian Rice was there to watch them.  Very lively start by Alloa but Morton scored against the run of play when Kirkpatrick failed to gather a ball cleanly about 25-30 yards out.  Shot beat the keeper.  Second half was more end to end but Alloa edged out our neighbours with a disputed penalty (never a penalty. I was right behd be the goal) and a really bizarre own goal from an attempted clearance by a Morton defender which spun back  over the line. Some decent players in the Alloa side.  Look out  for Number 19, 11. 10 and 15 (Kirkpatrick) Big number 5trolls through games. 

Great they beat the unwashed and used up a chunk of their luck...

We will spank them ...

Edited by Sweeper07
error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Great they beat the unwashed and used up a chunk of their luck...

We will spank them ...

Spot on (in more ways than one) on using up their luck.. I hope. We should be able to beat them.  They tend to lose first half goals. 

Alloa have scored 4 goals in their last 2 games.  Two by Trouton (number 10) and two own goals by opposition defenders under pressure.  

They have lost 3 goals.... All of these in the first half of games. Kirkpatrick (15) has been subbed in both games I watched. 

Young number 19 is on loan from Hearts and  worth watching.  Midfielder (11) works hard,  tackles hard and distributes well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Spot on (in more ways than one) on using up their luck.. I hope. We should be able to beat them.  They tend to lose first half goals. 

Alloa have scored 4 goals in their last 2 games.  Two by Trouton (number 10) and two own goals by opposition defenders under pressure.  

They have lost 3 goals.... All of these in the first half of games. Kirkpatrick (15) has been subbed in both games I watched. 

Young number 19 is on loan from Hearts and  worth watching.  Midfielder (11) works hard,  tackles hard and distributes well.  

And we wastit fecking good money sending Brian Rice to Recreation Park today to spy on them for next week.

But we will win because ......

two dudes have said Alloa have nae fecking luck left.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shull said:

And we wastit fecking good money sending Brian Rice to Recreation Park today to spy on them for next week.

But we will win because ......

two dudes have said Alloa have nae fecking luck left.

:lol:

We should win.  But... I wouldn't take it for granted.  Luck always helps and I guess that own goals in successive matches by their opponents which gained then draw and swing might qualify as luck.  Add to that a dodgy penalty.  But... JIm G has them playing well and working for the full 90 minutes.  They press  and chase.  Full credit to Jim G.  They tend to lose first half goals apparently.  Certainly have the past two games when I have watched them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be good to get a Scottish Cup run alongside a league revival , but sadly due to our horrendous first half to the campaign , the Cup has next to no importance this season. I'm expecting a tough game v Alloa  with a replay very possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the Alloa Morton game. Alloa created their own problems in the first half by trying to over play the ball and getting caught in possession. They were unlucky not to get a pen at the end of the first half. 

Second half they had the wind behind them and it got stronger. They managed to get the midfield running beyond the strikers and looked very good. Not convinced there was much in the penalty that they got but the keeper rushed out and allowed the ref to make the decision. 

From then on it only looked like one winner. The second goal was bizarre with bad mistakes by both teams contributing, I do hope it has been caught on camera. 

Alloa will be tough and even though they are a part time team they seem to be better in the second half of games. 

Was a good day out and spotted a few fellow buds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Many thanks. 

Pretty much as I recalled it, even the Alloa players header back across goal was a mistake as it was a free header with an empty net. Everything that happened thereafter was hilarious. 

Dipsy the ball boy definitely enjoyed it.

Kerr Waddell looks dejected after his clearance ended up in his own net to make it 2-1. Picture: SNS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...