Saints vs Celtic Wed 3/4/19

Thats what Hamilton have scored against us twice, Oran said he expected last night's result after fielding a weakened team. And said he did so because of the Hamilton game. So to justify his decision to not try and take any of the three points on offer last night he has put pressure on himself, and the players to overturn Hamilton away.
given the previous results against them this season i get your question. We probably actually need to score four! 

What the actual f**k are you blathering about? It’s not an aggregate score we’re keeping here.

1-0 will do fine thanks. Same three points irrespective of how many we win by.

It’s also rich how you, in particular, class the absence of Danny Mullen as weakening the side given your views on his abilities at this level.

19 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Green Brigade have issued a statement if anyone wants a laugh. 

Seems to be roughly: 

90% attacking the authorities / OBFA

9% playing down last night's incident and blaming other members of their support

1% asking their own fans to not throw pyrotechnics on to the pitch or at people (Having them in the stands is apparently okay - despite this being blatantly against the laws which they continue to flaunt). 

D3T8LsJWsAAkMjM.jpg

Still.....  #FansNotCriminals  eh?!  

This should highlight once and for all that our NorthBank boys should never stand shoulder to shoulder with these morons in any perceived battle against the authorities.

Our own ultras group should also be mindful of the inherent victim mentality espoused by the Green Brigade in such situations and always be aware of the need for self-reflection and responsibility.

It doesn't even mention last nights incident directly. 

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

What the actual f**k are you blathering about? It’s not an aggregate score we’re keeping here.

1-0 will do fine thanks. Same three points irrespective of how many we win by.

It’s also rich how you, in particular, class the absence of Danny Mullen as weakening the side given your views on his abilities at this level.

Who mentioned Mullen in the same breathe as Strengthening the side? Certainly not I. Rest of your post is a gas though.

You gotta laugh innit!
at how Stubbzo's signings are now our saviours. Or should we be saying that wasnt Oran's team last night?

Whit?

Unless I’m mistaken only 1 of the 18 players stripped in the last two games were signed by Stubbs and that’s Cody Cooke.

Conversely, 10 of Saturday’s squad and 11 from last night were signed by Oran.

So, safe to say it’s Oran’s team.

Who mentioned Mullen in the same breathe as Strengthening the side? Certainly not I. Rest of your post is a gas though.

You referenced a “weakened” side. We rested McKenzie (hadn’t played for a year), Paul McGinn, Flynn (roundly criticised in here up until about a month ago), Dreyer (McAllister’s back up), Lyons & Mullen(a personal fav of yours).

The rest of my post addressed your nonsense about needing to score 4 goals. What next? Away goals counting double?🤣

Guest TPAFKATS
Green Brigade have issued a statement if anyone wants a laugh. 
Seems to be roughly: 
90% attacking the authorities / OBFA
9% playing down last night's incident and blaming other members of their support
1% asking their own fans to not throw pyrotechnics on to the pitch or at people (Having them in the stands is apparently okay - despite this being blatantly against the laws which they continue to flaunt). 

D3T8LsJWsAAkMjM.jpg&key=71b26c5dbcb04377c038a927a5a417e09e4c115059f79abaea1529920b5b2eb5

Still.....  #FansNotCriminals  eh?!  

This should highlight once and for all that our NorthBank boys should never stand shoulder to shoulder with these morons in any perceived battle against the authorities.
Our own ultras group should also be mindful of the inherent victim mentality espoused by the Green Brigade in such situations and always be aware of the need for self-reflection and responsibility.

Holy f**k!
The state of that 🤣

5 hours ago, madball said:

Yes he's from a lower tier and has had injuries so fitness and game sharpness is one thing, and he does need game time to get that, but his basic reading of the game looked suspect and were lucky that he didn't cost us more. One thing that I will say is that I won't berate or abuse him or anyone during games as he and all players deserve our support, but even in his circumstances it does not make him immune from measured criticism post game.

Measured criticism is a rare thing on here at times, take a look back and see. And some posters whose football nous very questionable indeed (I am poking at you here though)

I don't think our set up last night helped and early doors MacPherson and Corbu looked like rabbits in the headlights too. I think it was hard to read the game at times because we gave up so much territory and possession, but I am not sure if you are trying to say he showed he had no clue - I think that is unfair. One game back and playing Celtic - who move the ball quickly - anyway, we will see if he is still in the plans in future or not...

I simply want all our players to get a fair chance and when they get time to understand that there are all kinds of reasons for giving them time in the team...  :cheers

5 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We were 3 points ahead of Dundee and level with Hamilton when Stubbs left!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You are think as fcuk and love to twist arguments for attention - Dee had no points, but our 3 at that point were due to the Dee goalie selling the jersey's ...

And we were still stuck with Stubbs duds - He lasted 4 league games and that speaks volumes - no one scrambling to offer him another decent managerial position since too....

:bounce2 dimo in his limo :zorro fares please . . .

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats what Hamilton have scored against us twice, Oran said he expected last night's result after fielding a weakened team. And said he did so because of the Hamilton game. So to justify his decision to not try and take any of the three points on offer last night he has put pressure on himself, and the players to overturn Hamilton away.

given the previous results against them this season i get your question. We probably actually need to score four! 

Past performance is no guarantee of future results- I wouldn’t rely too much on goals previously conceded. 

18 hours ago, HSS said:

We missed a trick tonight...........

The Keeper should have went off at the Banger incident.Terrible pains in his head,thought he had perforated eardrums.We had already used our subs so it would have put us down to 10 men with an outfield player in goals for the last few mins.

Wouldn't have done us any good but it would have caused a lot of controversy.

Am I bad?

I like the cut of your jib.  OK should then have taken the players off. Certain players dan saf saying if verbally abused, to walk off pitch - being injured by a firework, merits it even more, imo.

I remember back in 2016, my home Belgian side had a match abandoned after “missile” incidents in a derby match against Standard Liege. Both keepers  were the victims. It had to be said it was a continuation of incidents that led to the abandonment, but both teams came out with zero points. This was the same week Anthony Lopes was hit during Metz v Lyon, which was abandoned too. That match had to be replayed.

Link

Standard were leading 3-1 when the game was called off in the 67th minute, having already been halted twice.

Lighters and firecrackers were thrown at Charleroi goalkeeper Nicolas Penneteau, which led to Standard's coach and players making a public appeal for calm via the stadium speakers.

Then, Standard goalkeeper Guillaume Hubert was targeted by a beer glass and flare leading to the game being called off.

On Saturday, the French top-flight clash between Metz and Lyon was also halted when Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes was hit by a firecracker.

The match was abandoned after just 31 minutes with Portuguese international Lopes requiring hospital treatment for damaged hearing.

Metz, leading 1-0 when play was halted, face the risk of heavy sanctions which could include forfeiting the match and Lyon being awarded the win.

St Mirren are looking a far more complete team all over the park and are now working for each other. There are pros and cons about last nights selection and both have their merits. However, it isn't difficult to argue against how Oran has strengthened and galvanised a weak and dispirited team that have actually been unlucky in a couple of recent games conceding late goals. Saturday may well define their season but they at least have a chance of competing now as opposed to the shambles at the start of the season. Good luck Buddies great little club.