Jump to content

Internet explorer


antrin
 Share

Recommended Posts

On some of my devices, IE is still there to be used. (if for some daft reason I am minded to do so....)

And I noticed yesterday that this forum disnae display as it usetae on IE.  :(

The RH margin cuts off visibility of who has commented on your posts and whether it's positive, negative or smiley or whatever.

And, by the same token, you can't express your feelings about other posts.

 

I'm not wanting anyone at BAWA to 'fix' this - mainly as I suspect that it's simply a result of IE no longer being supported, so that new updates are not working as might be hoped.

Wee niggles on websites and downloads from IE from at least a year ago, and interacting with companies from which I wanted a service that 'somehow' didnae seem to be functioning - no matter what I did - made me realise that I had to give in to change.  

I moved to Edge.  I don't love it, but all the stuff that wisnae working on IE - does work fine ON Edge.

(I also look at it using Safari - that's OK too)

This forum for example...   all ok.

Just highlighting this IE 'problem' so that any Buddie wondering what HAS gone wrong here, (if they're still using IE) might be bettered served by moving ther online activity onto another browser - Chrome, edge, Firefox, Safari etc

 

As ever - I hope this helps?  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, antrin said:

On some of my devices, IE is still there to be used. (if for some daft reason I am minded to do so....)

And I noticed yesterday that this forum disnae display as it usetae on IE.  :(

The RH margin cuts off visibility of who has commented on your posts and whether it's positive, negative or smiley or whatever.

And, by the same token, you can't express your feelings about other posts.

 

I'm not wanting anyone at BAWA to 'fix' this - mainly as I suspect that it's simply a result of IE no longer being supported, so that new updates are not working as might be hoped.

Wee niggles on websites and downloads from IE from at least a year ago, and interacting with companies from which I wanted a service that 'somehow' didnae seem to be functioning - no matter what I did - made me realise that I had to give in to change.  

I moved to Edge.  I don't love it, but all the stuff that wisnae working on IE - does work fine ON Edge.

(I also look at it using Safari - that's OK too)

This forum for example...   all ok.

Just highlighting this IE 'problem' so that any Buddie wondering what HAS gone wrong here, (if they're still using IE) might be bettered served by moving ther online activity onto another browser - Chrome, edge, Firefox, Safari etc

 

As ever - I hope this helps?  :)

 

lost k pop GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On some of my devices, IE is still there to be used. (if for some daft reason I am minded to do so....)
And I noticed yesterday that this forum disnae display as it usetae on IE. 
The RH margin cuts off visibility of who has commented on your posts and whether it's positive, negative or smiley or whatever.
And, by the same token, you can't express your feelings about other posts.
 
I'm not wanting anyone at BAWA to 'fix' this - mainly as I suspect that it's simply a result of IE no longer being supported, so that new updates are not working as might be hoped.
Wee niggles on websites and downloads from IE from at least a year ago, and interacting with companies from which I wanted a service that 'somehow' didnae seem to be functioning - no matter what I did - made me realise that I had to give in to change.  
I moved to Edge.  I don't love it, but all the stuff that wisnae working on IE - does work fine ON Edge.
(I also look at it using Safari - that's OK too)
This forum for example...   all ok.
Just highlighting this IE 'problem' so that any Buddie wondering what HAS gone wrong here, (if they're still using IE) might be bettered served by moving ther online activity onto another browser - Chrome, edge, Firefox, Safari etc
 
As ever - I hope this helps? 
Aye, I use that on my work's PC. Our PCs still use Windows 7, that gives an idea of how long it takes to get updated software installed in the organisation...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 2:03 PM, antrin said:

On some of my devices, IE is still there to be used. (if for some daft reason I am minded to do so....)

And I noticed yesterday that this forum disnae display as it usetae on IE.  :(

The RH margin cuts off visibility of who has commented on your posts and whether it's positive, negative or smiley or whatever.

And, by the same token, you can't express your feelings about other posts.

 

I'm not wanting anyone at BAWA to 'fix' this - mainly as I suspect that it's simply a result of IE no longer being supported, so that new updates are not working as might be hoped.

 

Either that or you don't know how to "zoom out". :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Either that or you don't know how to "zoom out". :D

 

Cannae recall now why I posted that thread.  

 

I think some folk were having similar problems and I recognised the characteristics so posted why I thought they might be getting that and what I did to overcome it.

(I have only just removed IE from my bottom line.

 

I'll have you know that  I am a complete Zoomer!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Cannae recall now why I posted that thread.  

 

I think some folk were having similar problems and I recognised the characteristics so posted why I thought they might be getting that and what I did to overcome it.

(I have only just removed IE from my bottom line.

 

I'll have you know that  I am a complete Zoomer!

A zoomer and a boomer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

This old browser has changed its visual design, but this does not apply to scripts and work speed. I recently read an article  https://www.officetooltips.com/office_2016/tips/students__writing__internet_and_microsoft_office_as_helpers.html about open testing new search technologies from Microsoft. This can be a good marketing campaign. But I doubt that the old browser can do multifunctional tasks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...