Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Three signings in 24 hours..

Two CB's... much needed

One Midfielder... overloaded

 

Bairdy gone... not Goody's cup of tea.

Who's next for the boot?

Gotta be a couple of midfielders/forwards..?

 

S McGinn?

K McAllister?

D Mullen?

E Erahon?

Y Djorkaeff?

I Durmus?

The wages have to be balanced somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

 

Three signings in 24 hours..

Two CB's... much needed

One Midfielder... overloaded

 

Bairdy gone... not Goody's cup of tea.

Who's next for the boot?

Gotta be a couple of midfielders/forwards..?

 

S McGinn?

K McAllister?

D Mullen?

E Erahon?

Y Djorkaeff?

I Durmus?

The wages have to be balanced somewhere.

 

Personally can see S McGinn & Djorkaeff leaving. Wouldn't be surprised if Mullan went as well and maybe one or two more coming in (if that happens). Possibly Erhahon & Breadner on loan as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

 

Three signings in 24 hours..

Two CB's... much needed

One Midfielder... overloaded

 

Bairdy gone... not Goody's cup of tea.

Who's next for the boot?

Gotta be a couple of midfielders/forwards..?

 

S McGinn?

K McAllister?

D Mullen?

E Erahon?

Y Djorkaeff?

I Durmus?

The wages have to be balanced somewhere.

 

Would keep Durmus, he puts a shift in at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Priority has to be getting McGinn out. Big (biggest?) earner and can’t get a game when fit. I just fear no other club will touch him given how much he earns and how bad he is.

 

Djorkaeff will surely be mutually consented and McAllister and Erahon (who’s only 18) hopefully put out on loan. They’re not ready this season but could be good enough in the future.

 

Durmus will certainly stay, he’s one of our best players and a match winner. As his superb winning goals against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have shown.

 

Out of the four strikers the lowest in the pecking order is Mullen. Cooke seems to be third choice behInd Obika and Morais now. Also Andreu and I believe McGrath can play up there if required.

 

Whether Danny wants to stay and fight for his place or leave will be up to him as much as anyone. As 4th choice strikers go he ain’t bad. If he does leave we will sign a replacement, I suspect he won’t and we won’t be signing any more strikers.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three signings in 24 hours..
Two CB's... much needed
One Midfielder... overloaded
 
Bairdy gone... not Goody's cup of tea.
Who's next for the boot?
Gotta be a couple of midfielders/forwards..?
 
S McGinn?
K McAllister?
D Mullen?
E Erahon?
Y Djorkaeff?
I Durmus?
The wages have to be balanced somewhere.
Out of all of Goody's signings this summer, I have yet to be impressed by Djorkaeff.

Looked OK in a few of the pre season/cup matches. Came on against Motherwell and within a few minutes, had given the ball away and it was 2-0.

Makes you wonder if we genuinally thought he was good enough or was he a panic buy due to the lack of signings at the start of pre season.

He's still a young lad though so could be worth sending him out on loan to get some first team experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Priority has to be getting McGinn out. Big (biggest?) earner and can’t get a game when fit. I just fear no other club will touch him given how much he earns and how bad he is.

 

Djorkaeff will surely be mutually consented and McAllister and Erahon (who’s only 18) hopefully put out on loan. They’re not ready this season but could be good enough in the future.

 

Durmus will certainly stay, he’s one of our best players and a match winner. As his superb winning goals against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have shown.

 

Out of the four strikers the lowest in the pecking order is Mullen. Cooke seems to be third choice behInd Obika and Morais now. Also Andreu and I believe McGrath can play up there if required.

 

Whether Danny wants to stay and fight for his place or leave will be up to him as much as anyone. As 4th choice strikers go he ain’t bad. If he does leave we will sign a replacement, I suspect he won’t and we won’t be signing any more strikers.

 

 

 

I might be wrong but I think S McGinn has just gone in for a knee op so would be surprised if he's going anywhere just now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I might be wrong but I think S McGinn has just gone in for a knee op so would be surprised if he's going anywhere just now

Stephen has been a good player for us an an excellent club captain. Most would agree that he has looked like he was carrying an injury for some time. If this is true and he goea back to his best then that would be good news all round imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, WeeBud said:
I might be wrong but I think S McGinn has just gone in for a knee op so would be surprised if he's going anywhere just now

Picking up the wages on rehab? Ach well he did us proud when fit.

Just like most other jobs then.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Personally can see S McGinn & Djorkaeff leaving. Wouldn't be surprised if Mullan went as well and maybe one or two more coming in (if that happens). Possibly Erhahon & Breadner on loan as well. 

Could that be because they're development players, have never been in JGs plan this season and will be further down the pecking order when the window is over? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Could that be because they're development players and have never been in JGs plan this season? :rolleyes:

Nope, it could be because we are half way through the season and there will be a January re-evaluation. Same as practically all clubs in the country. Good effort though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pod said:

Not in the building industry and probably numerous other jobs. SSP if your lucky 

OK, point taken.  Maybe I should have put "lots of other jobs" rather than "most other jobs" seeing as I have no knowledge of "most" but do have knowledge of "lots".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Stephen has been a good player for us an an excellent club captain. Most would agree that he has looked like he was carrying an injury for some time. If this is true and he goea back to his best then that would be good news all round imo. 

Agree on the first parts but I feel like I hear this every window, carrying an injury, needs an op, will be back to his best. Rinse and repeat. Good club ambassador and leader but think his time is up unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OK, point taken.  Maybe I should have put "lots of other jobs" rather than "most other jobs" seeing as I have no knowledge of "most" but do have knowledge of "lots".
In fact any zero hours contract, or gig economy employee, or one with less than 12 months service is unlikely to benefit in this way these days. So literally millions dont get it.
That's the trouble with sweeping statements, you get swept up in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

In fact any zero hours contract, or gig economy employee, or one with less than 12 months service is unlikely to benefit in this way these days. So literally millions dont get it.
That's the trouble with sweeping statements, you get swept up in them.

Worked in my own business since 1992 so no sick pay there, nor paid holidays. Little in the way of access to benefits. You don't work, you don't earn. A harsh school.  Still, for the majority they would qualify imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Worked in my own business since 1992 so no sick pay there, nor paid holidays. Little in the way of access to benefits. You don't work, you don't earn. A harsh school.  Still, for the majority they would qualify imo. 

SSP, you talking about.  If everybody got full wages when sick, doctors surgeries would very busy, that's if you could get a doctor who wasn't sick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

In fact any zero hours contract, or gig economy employee, or one with less than 12 months service is unlikely to benefit in this way these days. So literally millions dont get it.
That's the trouble with sweeping statements, you get swept up in them.

Ah, so you've dropped your last point then and jumped on the back of someone else's point?  Funny that you never mentioned any of this in your first reply.  Is this because you realised that you f**ked up when trying to "point out" that I had?

 

I had already accepted my imprecise language and corrected it, so what further point are you trying to make?

 

Back on point - do you have a problem with him collecting his wages whilst recovering?  If not, why bring it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, pod said:

SSP, you talking about.  If everybody got full wages when sick, doctors surgeries would very busy, that's if you could get a doctor who wasn't sick. 

Everywhere I have been employed you got 3/6/12 months (depending on company and/or length of service) full wages whilst sick.  Only when I was self employed did I not get this.  Maybe I've just been lucky in the places where I have worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Everywhere I have been employed you got 3/6/12 months (depending on company and/or length of service) full wages whilst sick.  Only when I was self employed did I not get this.  Maybe I've just been lucky in the places where I have worked.

You've never worked on a building site, a factory or warehouse unless you were staff.  You've been lucky

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying there, in relation to my post at least.

:unsure:  Lets just leave it at that. Don't want to drag it out any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...