Coronavirus

faraway saint

With the ludicrous decision to shut the air bridge to Spain, we can see the future.

If you test more and start testing groups of people you didn’t test before - you will find more cases.

That is obvious.

The vast majority of these cases are asymptomatic. The virus does not affect them.

And in many of these cases, what is getting picked up is remnants of the virus. These people have long since shed it.

And these tests are not accurate. They will pick up other coronaviruses.

Cases will inevitably rise and Bojo and his gang will rush to lockdown as soon as they can. They won’t want to be seen to dither and delay again.

And Nasty Nic, in Scotland won’t want to be beaten. She’ll lockdown first and keep it going 2 weeks longer than England.

Fresh hell awaits us this autumn and winter.

Life won’t be the same for years to come. It’s been destroyed by the woke virtue signalling social media era.

From the Lancet
Full lockdown policies in Western Europe countries have no evident impacts on the COVID-19 epidemic.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.24.20078717v1

From the where.......

Then when you click on the link provided there is this........

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

So to summarise #thichasfcuk is actually #thichestfcukerknowntoman

17 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The average age of death WITH Covid in Scotland is 81 for men and 85 women - above the average age of life expectancy in Scotland.

The average number of co morbidities - illnesses so severe that they appear on the death certificate is 2.

The most common co morbidity is dementia.

Most of these people would have died this year anyway. But their deaths were hastened- not by Covid - but by being thrown out of hospitals and / or denied NHS treatment and / or neglected and / or sedated. 

We quarantined the young and healthy and failed to protect the vulnerable.

But, hey, at least we protected the NHS and @bazil85 got his lockdown holiday on full pay and can virtue signal while others lose their livelihood

Again happy to be your coping mechanism but it'll never be true. You pushing for us to allow more people to die and to die faster to protect the economy isn't my worldview & that's not governed by my job. . 

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yet again it's all just so tediously easy to say when you are comfortably well paid.

You are not going to persuade a single person on this point so you may as well move on.

People always change their minds on stuff like this when their income is taken away. You're nothing special on that score. If you'd experienced a day of genuine hardship in your pampered life you wouldn't be so arrogant over this.

It doesn't govern my view, I don't need you to believe that but it doesn't. 

I think you'll find the majority view on here is pretty much in line with my opinion. Your view that every restriction should be lifted and to hell with who dies (and completely disregarding the risks to other categories in running a BAU NHS) as long as the economy kicks back off seems to be minority. 

That's a lie and I assure you I would not. Again you don't need to believe me. Unbelievable that you think valuing human life over economy is "arrogant" that is the real entitled worldview. 

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What's your "moral high ground" message to all the people in the country with cancer who haven't been able to get full access to the NHS for treatment since March?

What's your "moral high ground" message to all those disabled people who need constant care and have been effectively abandoned inside their own houses since March as the councils cut back on many services aimed at these people?

What do you say to all the sick kids who are having their treatment put on hold because of a virus which almost exclusively affects 70+ year olds?

Tricky thing this "moral high ground" isn't it?

What do you expect me to say? We are in a horrible situation right now. Many people with cancer and other such serious health issues had to go into the shielding category because the science told us their risk was too great from Covid19 for us to follow normal activity, you can deny that was sound advice if you want but I haven't seen anything mainstream challenging it, so I would wonder what you base it on. 

There was no easy, straightforward path out of this where people didn't die. Looking at the stats we have now, curbing the transmission of covid19 appears to have been the right choice, Other countries have really struggled where they have had very populated areas (like the UK) and not put in proper lockdown measures. Why would we have been any different? 

You have a very black or white view of the world and you try to drag people down to your level. What you don't realise is you can support a lockdown, support protecting vulnerable people AND realise we are in a horrible situation that the science would points to being far worse if we let this virus run wild and kept all these other BAU medical avenues remain open. 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

What do you expect me to say? We are in a horrible situation right now. Many people with cancer and other such serious health issues had to go into the shielding category because the science told us their risk was too great from Covid19 for us to follow normal activity, you can deny that was sound advice if you want but I haven't seen anything mainstream challenging it, so I would wonder what you base it on. 

There was no easy, straightforward path out of this where people didn't die. Looking at the stats we have now, curbing the transmission of covid19 appears to have been the right choice, Other countries have really struggled where they have had very populated areas (like the UK) and not put in proper lockdown measures. Why would we have been any different? 

You have a very black or white view of the world and you try to drag people down to your level. What you don't realise is you can support a lockdown, support protecting vulnerable people AND realise we are in a horrible situation that the science would points to being far worse if we let this virus run wild and kept all these other BAU medical avenues remain open. 

I was attempting to get you to stop being an insufferable prick about claiming that supporting the lockdown was some kind of moral issue and everyone else was selfish and only valued the economy.

That last paragraph proves that you just can't let go of that side of your personality.

Working with you must be a bloody nightmare.

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I was attempting to get you to stop being an insufferable prick about claiming that supporting the lockdown was some kind of moral issue and everyone else was selfish and only valued the economy.

That last paragraph proves that you just can't let go of that side of your personality.

Working with you must be a bloody nightmare.

There is morality linked to what side (and how far on that side) people are. Not realising there are different views regarding how expendable human life is during this pandemic is all on you, not me. 

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You don't listen to anyone on any issue. I assume he's just showing his frustration.

That's not true, I listen to what everyone says to me/ It's just some people's views are easily dismissed (comparably to mine and mine alone) or disagreed on given how shameful they come across. You've tried a plethora of different approaches on here but IMO it's just you dancing around your own immoral view.

You've as much as said finance "always" steers people on the subject of human life. Is there a cut off for that? If this virus was killing 50% of children but you were safe, would you still want everything re-opened if it was going to hit your pocket?

Don't pigeonhole me just because you can't accept higher moral values. 

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

There is morality linked to what side (and how far on that side) people are. Not realising there are different views regarding how expendable human life is during this pandemic is all on you, not me. 

That's not true, I listen to what everyone says to me/ It's just some people's views are easily dismissed (comparably to mine and mine alone) or disagreed on given how shameful they come across. You've tried a plethora of different approaches on here but IMO it's just you dancing around your own immoral view.

You've as much as said finance "always" steers people on the subject of human life. Is there a cut off for that? If this virus was killing 50% of children but you were safe, would you still want everything re-opened if it was going to hit your pocket?

Don't pigeonhole me just because you can't accept higher moral values. 

I've changed my mind. I've seen the light. You are the second coming of Christ.

You are the moral guide of our generation.

Praise the Lord God Bazil !!!

Let none henceforth refer to Bazil as an insufferable prick or any other such name. :D

Edited by oaksoft

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've changed my mind. I've seen the light. You are the second coming of Christ.

You are the moral guide of our generation.

Praise the Lord God Bazil !!!

Let none henceforth refer to Bazil as an insufferable prick or any other such name. :D

Sheesh, wonder how bad the first draft of this was... :whistle

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Sheesh, wonder how bad the first draft of this was... :whistle

I've found some plasticine and made a wee model that I've called Baz the Great Moral Leader.

I've surrounded it with incense sticks and will pray to it nightly to keep us all on the righteous path.

It's the very least I can do to fight this dreadful disease.

47 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've found some plasticine and made a wee model that I've called Baz the Great Moral Leader.

I've surrounded it with incense sticks and will pray to it nightly to keep us all on the righteous path.

I made a similar wee model.

and I’ve been jabbing it with joss sticks...   :)

Sturgeon last week:

Sturgeon said: “I don’t think any of us should be trying to use Covid and the pandemic and the crisis situation we continue to face as some kind of political campaigning tool.”

This week, they’re selling SNP branded masks

Just when you think they can’t sink any lower....

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I’ve clearly upset you, hope this approach gives you some sort of roundabout success that you need on this topic. 😃

41 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Sturgeon last week:

Sturgeon said: “I don’t think any of us should be trying to use Covid and the pandemic and the crisis situation we continue to face as some kind of political campaigning tool.”

Talk about bottom of the barrel, Andy has went right through it 😂

Sturgeon last week:

I believe some are using it for political gains.

Trinidad. 8 fatalities in total. Border been shut for months. Election on August 10th........... new COVID cases detected.......... they’re saying it’s being spread by the Sahara dust.

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

Sturgeon last week:

I am very much an SNP supporter, but if this is true (I have no reason to disbelieve it - mainly because it sounds entirely plausible) then it is shoddy in the extreme. 

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Sturgeon last week:

As someone who works in a High Risk environment I don't care what kind of logo people have on their mask, does it really matter 

Skin Care Beauty GIF by Halloween

This ludicrous article in the Guardian is a taste of what’s to come in the UK

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/28/coronavirus-spike-spain-pandemic-mistakes

If you start doing more testing and test groups of people you didn’t test before then you’ll find more cases

doh!

if we started testing people now for influenza then we’d find young, fit, healthy and asymptomatic people with influenza virus.

And although this will likely be a mild year for flu deaths (as many of the vulnerable population have already been killed by Johnson and Sturgeon’s closure of the NHS), there will still probably be 20k flu deaths - more than there will be of Covid deaths.

If saving lives really is the issue then why don’t we start testing for flu now and lockdown when the winter starts? eh @bazil85?

But I think we all know that human life isn’t really @bazil85’s priority.

He wouldn’t have supported closing the NHS if it were. 

We’re heading for another needless lockdown 

Edited by Sue Denim

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Not a huge fan of Sturgeon at times but she's been great throughout this period

If folk think an SNP mask looks good then fair play I guess 

Bet they're not as good as our "One Town One Team" masks though :)  

Masks-300x300.jpg

Yeh, Sturgeon has been great.

Apart from all the thousands of people who’ve died during the crisis as a direct result of her policies. 

Apart from that she’s been wonderful.