4 hours ago, antrin said:

Naw, naw...

No need for apologies.

You live in Arbroath.  I appreciate that your knowledge of the world is severely limited.

Plus you've taken the philosophy of Father Ted Crilly too literally, perhaps you even thought it was all about you, faraway?

Just because Arbroath seems faraway from London, doesn't mean Arbroath is massive.  It isn't.  Not even in comparison with a suburb of London, such as Chingford where the last few days there have been OPEN pubs and restaurants as I'd said...

London is genuinely a massive place with lots more things happening there than anyone in Arbroath might conceive of...

Last night, draught beer was close to me.  So close it was as good as inside me.  :)

It is served in plastic pint measures, which then has a film lid sealed on top, for ease of non-spill transportation to the nearest golf tee in the Forest.

ETA: There were about 20-30 (mostly lads) standing in the smallish 'beer garden' and along the street outside the pub.  A few other folk joined us in the forest option.  And, I'd guess, lots just took it home.

Instinctively... we indulged in a second pint.

(Those in the pic below, are them.)

beer2.jpg

Plastic for recycle I hope  :whistle

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Excess deaths have spiked up again in all regions of England along with Wales and N. Ireland.
3 weeks after VE day.

Scotland seems to be the exception by not having a 'tick' upwards on the graph.

Where are you getting those numbers?

As far as I can tell there's been no significant increase in either daily deaths or new infections.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Todays number, 177, makes the average for the last week 231.

Confirming that the relaxation has made no real difference in increasing the numbers. 

Pleasantly surprised. 

Apologies, todays number is 324.

This changes the weekly average to 252. 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

As far as I can tell there's been no significant increase in either daily deaths or new infections.

He's one of the hyenas that scramble around trying to find a negative, with only a political angle.

He posted that much shite on here I'm surprised he's not got cholera. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yip, one doctor just on TV spouting we could have waited another few weeks before changing the lockdown. :lol:

Some clown of a scientist/professor, aye imagine that, claiming relaxation in the UK is too early.

Now, that might be a decent guess but he quoted the CURRENT cases in Italy against the current cases in the UK.

It seems to have slipped his mind Italy started easing restrictions almost a month ago.:1eye

Edited by faraway saint

It's the UK Gov own figures, or rather graphs. They split it up into 3 devolved nations and regions of England. Wee spikes all over England.

The graph the NHS England dude spoke to yesterday showed a spike for England over last few days, while he said figures continued to fall.
Here's the death figures as a comparison.

Spain 2
Italy 87
Germany 24
France 52
Turkey 28
Belgium 42
Sweden 84
Portugal 14
Ireland 6
Poland 13
Romania 13
Hungary 8
Netherlands 28

UK ... 324

Johnson moves onto easing lockdown another level while his scientific advisors say no. Schools back on Monday, so folk can go to work.

10 points to Gryffindor

54 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's the UK Gov own figures, or rather graphs. They split it up into 3 devolved nations and regions of England. Wee spikes all over England.

The graph the NHS England dude spoke to yesterday showed a spike for England over last few days, while he said figures continued to fall.

Spain 2
Italy 87
Germany 24
France 52
Turkey 28
Belgium 42
Sweden 84
Portugal 14
Ireland 6
Poland 13
Romania 13
Hungary 8
Netherlands 28

UK ... 324

Johnson moves onto easing lockdown another level while his scientific advisors say no. Schools back on Monday, so folk can go to work.

10 points to Gryffindor

Aye, very impressive...........................although everybody knows the UK were later to have the virus. 

Just before Italy changed their lockdown measures the death rates were similar to ours. 

Italy had a small "spike" just after changing their lockdown and another very small increase just over a week later which quickly reverted back to a steady decline.

Will the UK? Who knows. 

When do you suggest things start to go back to "normal" and on the schools issue, I believe if the Scottish schools were not so close to closing for the summer they would be back, or going back, soon as well. 

PS Here's some other death figures.............

USA 1,212

Brazil 1,180

Mexico 447

India 269

All as irrelevant as the figures you posted.

Here to help. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Spain 2
Italy 87
Germany 24
France 52
Turkey 28
Belgium 42
Sweden 84
Portugal 14
Ireland 6
Poland 13
Romania 13
Hungary 8
Netherlands 28

UK ... 324

10 points to Gryffindor

What sort of spike sizes are you talking about?

Have you got a link to that data?

It's the government's own published data showing deaths rising again. I'm not sure why you need a link to it. Google is your friend. I've got sunshine to enjoy.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, very impressive...........................although everybody knows the UK were later to have the virus. 

Just before Italy changed their lockdown measures the death rates were similar to ours. 

Italy had a small "spike" just after changing their lockdown and another very small increase just over a week later which quickly reverted back to a steady decline.

Will the UK? Who knows. 

When do you suggest things start to go back to "normal" and on the schools issue, I believe if the Scottish schools were not so close to closing for the summer they would be back, or going back, soon as well. 

PS Here's some other death figures.............

USA 1,212

Brazil 1,180

Mexico 447

India 269

All as irrelevant as the figures you posted.

Here to help. 

@oaksoft, he making something out of nothing.................................and not for the first time.

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's the government's own published data showing deaths rising again. I'm not sure why you need a link to it. Google is your friend. I've got sunshine to enjoy.

I can hardly google something which doesn't exist.

Are you really suggesting the uk government data that they show as nice wee graphs every day at the daily briefing doesn't exist?

Oh dear.
Too much sun for you today?

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Are you really suggesting the uk government data that they show as nice wee graphs every day at the daily briefing doesn't exist?

Oh dear.
Too much sun for you today?

Actually, I thought it was pretty clear that I am challenging your interpretation that spikes are appearing all over the country.

If you don't want to link to the data to back that up then that's fine.

Actually, I thought it was pretty clear that I am challenging your interpretation that spikes are appearing all over the country.
If you don't want to link to the data to back that up then that's fine.
It wasn't clear at all.
You can challange my interpretation all you like but you implied the data wasn't there. Your exact words are quoted above.

I watched it during the BBC broadcast. If you want to find it go ahead.
As I said it's not obscure it's government data.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It wasn't clear at all.
You can challange my interpretation all you like but you implied the data wasn't there. Your exact words are quoted above.

Does the fact that it's government data guarantee its accuracy? 

It wasn't clear at all.

Ah, the root of the problem shows itself.

The government pumps out a lot of data and I don't watch TV. I don't generally watch these announcements online either. I therefore have no idea exactly what specific data you are relying on. Google is my friend but even friends need to know what I am looking for. I attempted to search for "Data which TPAK thingy mentioned on BAWA about nationwide covid spikes". Alas my friend was, not for the first time, found wanting. A link to "lovely Russian wives for you" holds promise but that is tomorrow's work.

So, we're at an impasse.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Ah, the root of the problem shows itself.

The government pumps out a lot of data and I don't watch TV. I don't generally watch these announcements online either. I therefore have no idea exactly what specific data you are relying on. Google is my friend but even friends need to know what I am looking for. I attempted to search for "Data which TPAK thingy mentioned on BAWA about nationwide covid spikes". Alas my friend was, not for the first time, found wanting. A link to "lovely Russian wives for you" holds promise but that is tomorrow's work.

So, we're at an impasse.

Behave yourself you smelly, unwashed nonce.

The lad made a good point, no one needs you noncing hate all over it.