Coronavirus

faraway saint

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's a good idea, say it often enough..................Santa, Santa, Santa..........................🎅

It's not me that's saying it though - is it?

It's the ONS backed by GPs and various other scientists - it's just gammonistas like yourself and deniers who can't accept it.

61,000 (and rising) reasons.....

Edited by Bud the Baker

Drive in movies and pantos all cancelled in tier 3 areas. The science must have told them that its too risky to have people from the same household in their car not mixing with anyone else. 

Meantime, on GMB this morning, old hypocrite Piers was falling over himself to congratulate some royals for putting on a panto for 250 keyworkers and their families. 

Drive in movies and pantos all cancelled in tier 3 areas. The science must have told them that its too risky to have people from the same household in their car not mixing with anyone else. 
Meantime, on GMB this morning, old hypocrite Piers was falling over himself to congratulate some royals for putting on a panto for 250 keyworkers and their families. 
It's not the sitting in the cars that's the risk, it's the shared use of toilet facilities.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Aye, yet another over reaction and a kick in the guts for the public again.

Not quite sure what your having a dig at in your 2nd sentence, Morgan or the royals? 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

@Hendo The Govt response to this pandemic has been a year long pantomime. There have been so many villains and village idiots making mistake after mistake. The sad fact is that those mistakes have cost lives and yet those in power are still planning on creating a third wave with the “open season” at Christmas.

Not only that they have crippled the economy and the fallout of this will impact families for decades. The rich will pick and choose what scraps to scavenge. I would be surprised if we don’t see an increase in house repossessions in the coming months as people fall behind with mortgages and rent.

Scunnered.

Can't do one without the other happening.

They, the government, allow some freedom, the public go mad and it spreads.

They close things down and business's suffer.

A lose/lose situation for everyone.

34 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I had a ticket to see Home Alone 2 next week to watch it with my 2 kids. A very strange decision from the Scot Gov. Then again, hardly any stranger than anything else they’ve done.

We live in 3 different households mind you but 1 of them is classed as my household cos I pay maintenance while the other lives in a house I own. So 1 household if anyone asked....

We’re just going to watch it in the house now with a curry and a few drinks. 

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, yet another over reaction and a kick in the guts for the public again.

Not quite sure what your having a dig at in your 2nd sentence, Morgan or the royals? 

Both. Piers is a hypocrite and so are his favourite royals. One rule for them, and another for us.

23 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Both. Piers is a hypocrite and so are his favourite royals. One rule for them, and another for us.

Aw fecking diddums.

You're sounding like a paranoid Sevco/Celtic fan - Boo Hoo

Jessie :lol:

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

From today’s ONS stats. The negative correlation between COVID mortality and non-COVID mortality continues. COVID deaths are lower this week but deaths from other causes rises in relation. 

pseudo second wave

74547177-3752-4338-8894-60EEC8391EBB.jpeg

Most likely a number of covid linked deaths that haven't been diagnosed. Haven't seen any strong data that the pandemic approach is pushing up excessive deaths in many other aspects. 

A totally bogus point - at the start of the pandemic the government said a "successful" pandemic would be keeping the death toll under 20,000 - well they now have 61,000 (and rising) reasons to stick to their phoney figures! :rolleyes: :1eye :hammer

At least say why you think it is bogus.

The rest is totally irrelevant to what I said as I am not denying how they count the cases/deaths or arguing with the numbers they come up with. What don't you understand about that?

A hypothetical scenario:

Someone who is diagnosed with terminal cancer, and only predicted to survive a few weeks, contracts covid while wasting away in a hospital bed a few days before they die. Covid would probably be mentioned on the death certificate and it would therefore be counted in those numbers. Would you regard that inclusion as accurate?

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
3 hours ago, Hendo said:

It's not the sitting in the cars that's the risk, it's the shared use of toilet facilities.

Aye, right you are, all these germy cnuts bumping into each other on their way to the portaloos, far too feckin risky.

We should all remember that the actual death rate per million is very very low.

That means the risk, despite all the scaremongering, is minute that anybody actually dies FROM Covid.

The UK has 964 per million, a bit of perspective while we all get excited/depressed about the numbers of fatalities. 

Enjoy Christmas, forget the gloom and doom, it's an understatement that the vast majority of the population will be safe.

It's not difficult to reduce the risk by keeping to the basics, a message that's been lost the longer this drags on. 

Just seen an absolute eejit getting interviewed on BBC news being asked about the vaccine.....................

"If it's got a chip in it, no" :lol:

FFS, the world is full of absolute loonballs. :1eye

Then again, maybe it's way to rid the world of utter nutcases..............yes, there's a chip in the vaccine. :rolleyes:

I know this because I read it on the internet. :wink:

41 minutes ago, shull said:

I read on the Internet that St Mirren are playing tonight.

Also, some on the Internet claiming it will rain in Glasgow today.

I believe .

Right on time the forum loonball makes an appearance. :1eye

That's one vaccine saved, brilliant. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint