Road To Hampden - League Cup 20/21

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So he should. We have every chance of winning this game. I hope every squad member shares his genuine belief that we can get through. Too many teams are beaten against the OF before a ball is kicked.

😅😅😅 pure pish, i think normal service will be resumed!

On 11/30/2020 at 8:56 AM, smcc said:

According to stmirren.info the last time we beat them in a cup tie was on our way to the 1926 Scottish Cup Final.

I am not old enough to remember this; my father was only 6 years old at the time!

On 11/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, Eric Arthur Blair said:
On 11/30/2020 at 8:56 AM, smcc said:
According to stmirren.info the last time we beat them in a cup tie was on our way to the 1926 Scottish Cup Final.
I am not old enough to remember this; my father was only 6 years old at the time!

That was the Scottish Cup. Our only win against them in the League Cup was the 4-1 at Ibrox in 1972.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:28 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Erm, yeah I know.

you said, and I quote 

Which is clearly wrong. The last time we beat them in a cup tie was in 1972. 

Not the same club lads. You're guilty of perpetuating the myth.

I think this is the very first time we'll have a chance of beating this new mob in the league cup. If we do, and I don't mind being corrected if I misremember, it will avenge the loss inflicted by them in the only other cup tie we've played against them. The Challenge cup just over 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I think this is the very first time we'll have a chance of beating this new mob in the league cup. If we do, and I don't mind being corrected if I misremember, it will avenge the loss inflicted by them in the only other cup tie we've played against them. The Challenge cup just over 5 years ago.

This is the truth.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Why don't you let people call them what they want? 

Just now, stlucifer said:

I'm not stopping them from calling them what they want.

Just correcting misinformation.

Just the same as if someone called you an interfering a..... Well. Maybe not quite.

No your not, they are still Rangers to many people.

People don;t need you, or anyone else, "correcting" them when it isn't misinformation in the slightest. 

You are funny, in a 🤡 type of way.

36 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm not stopping them from calling them what they want.

Just correcting misinformation.

Just the same as if someone called you an interfering a..... Well. Maybe not quite.

Quite right.  You're doing the peepul a service.   : )

In 2012, the front pages of all the Scottish papers rightly printed that Rangers had gone into liquidation due to debts accrued(mainly massive unpaid tax) and that Rangers had died, was no more, fallen off the perch and gone to that great dug-out in the sky.

It was sad for all their fans - their pockets weren't deep enough to pay off all those debts that their owner hero Murray had accumulated before selling the once-mighty club for a mere £1.00 to a chancer who ran the club further into the ground in the vain wish that Euro fitba would solve all ills.

The new club is doing the silly same.  Lost £10m EVERY YEAR of its short life (and double that in this most recent year) and is still being subsidised and pillaged by all manner of shady characters.  The money hasn't gone to waste as the new club did win the prestigious Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup or whatever it was called so long ago... 4...? 5 years?

But as long as there are mugs willing to be bilked of their cash and believe that all the above never happened, then a pretendy-Gers outfit will perform till it also goes bust.

Shame that the mighty historic stadium, training ground, car parks and all other assets of Rangers have been stripped, but there's all the fun of the sideshow about who owns the strips and the right to produce them.

A clue - it's not the new club TRFC nor the holding clumpany.

Topically, near Oxford Circus in central London there used to be a huge BHS store, pride of Sir Philip Green's vast empire.  Went bust, of course.  None of the punters who go in to buy stuff from the Reserved Clothing Store are daft enough to think it's BHS.  Ask a cabbie to take you to BHS and he'll treat you like the mug you are.

Like Rangers, BHS is very deid.

Edited by antrin

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No your not, they are still Rangers to many people.

People don;t need you, or anyone else, "correcting" them when it isn't misinformation in the slightest. 

You are funny, in a 🤡 type of way.

But they should be enlightened as to the truth.

Whether they are stupid enough to continue to believe the dead can rise is their, and this case, your decision. 

The club died. Even vast numbers of their fans agreed with this when the went baying for the blood of those who began their demise. It was in desperation they started to mimic what was said by those who picked at the carcass of the dying club. And there was a valid reason for those who bought the remnants of the dead club making the absurd claim that the club was not the company. Even while Rangers were in the final death throws this new entity was, at the very same time, being created. At one time, in fact for a long time, there were TWO clubs. Rangers, in liquidation, and THE Rangers, a fledgling club, who were allowed to skip all the necessary requirements to be jimmied into  the bottom tier of our professional game. The new club CANNOT be the old club as the old club was still in existence and being closed down at the same time as the rangers were touting for business and the new spivs were telling all and sundry they would do a "Harlem Globetrotters".

You are not in the least bit funny but definitely  🤡 like.

Goodwin will have installed fear of god into the players for this game, Earlier in season the 4-0 defeat to them i have never seen such a terrified bunch of players. The believe u can win has to come from the manager...

7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

But they should be enlightened as to the truth.

Whether they are stupid enough to continue to believe the dead can rise is their, and this case, your decision. 

The club died. Even vast numbers of their fans agreed with this when the went baying for the blood of those who began their demise. It was in desperation they started to mimic what was said by those who picked at the carcass of the dying club. And there was a valid reason for those who bought the remnants of the dead club making the absurd claim that the club was not the company. Even while Rangers were in the final death throws this new entity was, at the very same time, being created. At one time, in fact for a long time, there were TWO clubs. Rangers, in liquidation, and THE Rangers, a fledgling club, who were allowed to skip all the necessary requirements to be jimmied into  the bottom tier of our professional game. The new club CANNOT be the old club as the old club was still in existence and being closed down at the same time as the rangers were touting for business and the new spivs were telling all and sundry they would do a "Harlem Globetrotters".

You are not in the least bit funny but definitely  🤡 like.

Stopped reading after the first line.

"They should be enlightened"........:lol:

Might be time you nipped out to the "get a life" shop, you might get a Christmas bargain. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

Stopped reading after the first line.
"They should be enlightened"........[emoji38]
Might be time you nipped out to the "get a life" shop, you might get a Christmas bargain. :byebye
Was there any queuing when you were there? [emoji14]

Are warrant cards acceptable for queue jumping? Asking for a friend [emoji6]

On 12/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, oaksoft said:

So he should. We have every slim chance of winning this game. I hope every squad member shares his genuine belief that we can get through. Too many teams are beaten against the OF before a ball is kicked.

On 12/1/2020 at 2:59 PM, faraway saint said:

No we don't.

We have a very slim chance. 

That's what he said, more or less.  :P

• 2 weeks later...