Jump to content

faraway saint

St Mirren v Motherwell 9/1/21

Recommended Posts

Am currently watching David Bowie @ Glastonbury 2000. I'd never noticed before but there's a "Grey" type alien in a Saints top (although it was actually green coloured) 👽 visible during the intro to Wild is the Wind - oh and by the way it was a penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Am currently watching David Bowie @ Glastonbury 2000. I'd never noticed before but there's a "Grey" type alien in a Saints top (although it was actually green coloured) 👽 visible during the intro to Wild is the Wind - oh and by the way it was a penalty.

Nearly gor an “off topic” slap there. Just saved yourself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Good one!

Mugabe clearly kicks Erwin's foot and takes his leg away. It would be given as a foul all day long if it was outside the box.

It was a pen , there were two fouls on Erwin . He does well to  hold onto the ball , and invite the contact !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In recent times there has been a debate as to whether a player should go down if there's been some form of illegal contact.  As we've seen in other games, the football pundits have said, 'had he gone down he would have won a penalty'. 

I think that our penalty was a wrong decision but, in the current culture of penalty box activity where players artistically manipulate the rules ie. 'dives', Erwin succeeded and he could be complimented. 

Had that draw yesterday saved us from relegation, Erwin would have been praised as a hero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Mugabe clearly kicks Erwin's foot and takes his leg away. It would be given as a foul all day long if it was outside the box.

Never a penalty in a million years. A slight touch on Erwin's shoulder, and Mugabi doesn't connect. But we'll take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The penalty wasn't any softer than the one given against Shaughnessy  v the Fakes.

Exactly. Soft, but technically correct.

Wouldn’t have been a penalty a few seasons ago, but unfortunately, is now.

Will definitely take it though !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Never a penalty in a million years. A slight touch on Erwin's shoulder, and Mugabi doesn't connect. But we'll take it.

Fortunately for us course he does. :)

Clear as a bell on the clip, when Mugabi swipes. No contact on the ball. Only Erwin's heel.

Unless of course the club "deep faked" the clip.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Fortunately for us course he does. :)

Clear as a bell on the clip, when Mugabi swipes. No contact on the ball. Only Erwin's heel.

Unless of course the club "deep faked" the clip.:rolleyes:

I completely agree.

 

Erwin was being pulled away from the ball to which his foot was outstretching, when THAT foot was whipped away from him.

Penalty all day long....  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Clear as a bell on the clip, when Mugabi swipes. No contact on the ball. Only Erwin's heel.

Sorry, but I've looked at and listened to it several times over, and it's certainly not "clear as a bell". As I said, I'll take it, but can you imagine the reaction if it was given against us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:
If THAT had been given against us the forum would have been shouting about the ref being, well, the usual mince.
Hey, we, as I said yesterday, are carrying some luck right now, better than bad luck. 

 

 

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Sorry, but I've looked at and listened to it several times over, and it's certainly not "clear as a bell". As I said, I'll take it, but can you imagine the reaction if it was given against us?

Aye, I can. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

So did they and so did we? :blink:

Only comes into question after the penalty.  Was it or was it not a penalty, was it not that was being debated. Before then we had nil points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saint in exile said:

Sorry, but I've looked at and listened to it several times over, and it's certainly not "clear as a bell". As I said, I'll take it, but can you imagine the reaction if it was given against us?

Fortunately some of us appear to have better hearing than yourself.

Anyway, doesn't really matter as the ref correctly awarded it.

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...