So Farewell Then Captain Tom

shull

I'd read quite a bit about him when he hit the spotlight, quite a life.

Very sad, although a good innings, and was such a focus point for many people when things were bad for so many.

The amount of cards/letter she received shows how many people had taken him to their hearts.

It was nice he was still mentally sharp till the end and he could appreciate the feeling that the British public, as a whole, had for him.

RIP Sir, you've done your bit, and more. 

55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Do I need to send someone out to buy you more tissues for your fake tears?

You being unable to understand people can feel sad when someone dies is irrelevant here. He did some amazing things in the public eye late in life & that touched a lot of people. You've shown time and time again you have no concept of sympathy or other emotive response outside your immediate bubble (even if that).

Why don't you go shed some real tears into your ignore function again? 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Cringe.

Birthday caird pish!

It's one thing expressing sorrow at his death but this is straight out cringeworthy.

This is a 100 year old man that you don't even know. Get a grip.

WTF are you on about?

You're not missing out your medication again as you've made a cnut if yourself yet again.

Back in your box. 🤪

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

WTF are you on about?

You're not missing out your medication again as you've made a cnut if yourself yet again.

Back in your box. 🤪

Will you be joining in the applause for him tonight?

More birthday caird pish.

Honestly, I think I'm going to vomit.

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

If true, I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted the cost spent on him, likely have preferred the cash go to the NHS.

Indeed, just heard on the ITV news there's a possibility a hospital could be named after him, entirely fitting IMO.

A man who done more than many deserves some permanent recognition. 

42 minutes ago, shull said:

Some have started a Petition for a State Funeral for Tom

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, just heard on the ITV news there's a possibility a hospital could be named after him, entirely fitting IMO.

A man who done more than many deserves some permanent recognition. 

This is getting ridiculous.

A  media inspired and concocted feel good story to try and divert the plebs from the shambles of a government "leading" them, while continuing to perpetuate the notion that the NHS is a charity which shouldnt receive state funding.

And here we are, talking about state funerals and hospitals being named after him. FFS.

17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

This is getting ridiculous.

A  media inspired and concocted feel good story to try and divert the plebs from the shambles of a government "leading" them, while continuing to perpetuate the notion that the NHS is a charity which shouldnt receive state funding.

And here we are, talking about state funerals and hospitals being named after him. FFS.

That's twice you attempted to divert this into another bitter political viewpoint.

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says "TODAY'S INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE: YOU. ARE. A. BAWBAG"

Is this subtle enough for you? 

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That's twice you attempted to divert this into another bitter political viewpoint.

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says "TODAY'S INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE: YOU. ARE. A. BAWBAG"

Is this subtle enough for you? 

Using a 100 year old to perpetuate the notion that the NHS is a charity? Now thats what you call bawbaggery. Everyone knows this whole thing was bollocks, i'm just calling it out.