Jak Alnwick on Head It Podcast

Alright folks, I had Jak Alnwick on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Talks about his career so far and all things St Mirren. Speaks so well about his time at the club so far and an absolute top guy as well. Hope you all enjoy, any feedback, shares or follows on Twitter or Instagram which is @headitpodcast massively appreciated👍🏻

Youtube: 

Spotify: 

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-jak-alnwick/id1570371231?i=1000552571964

Cheers

Ross

On 3/6/2022 at 4:06 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

He’s been spotted in Asda Aberdeen . Draw your own conclusions .🤔

Jack has been our best player for two years. We can't thank him enough. However difficult question.

If he is not staying should Lyness get a run of games to show what he can do? I know it's a risk in next 4 games and not one I would take. 

However if we are safe or in top (less likely) with not much to play for would anyone grudge Lyness a run for the last 5 games?

I would risk it. 

16 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Jack has been our best player for two years. We can't thank him enough. However difficult question.

If he is not staying should Lyness get a run of games to show what he can do? I know it's a risk in next 4 games and not one I would take. 

However if we are safe or in top (less likely) with not much to play for would anyone grudge Lyness a run for the last 5 games?

I would risk it. 

Lyness has, as I recall, two games, a great performance against Celtic and against RC last Saturday.

He looks more than reasonable so not a massive worry if we lose Jack, not forgetting he's a pretty decent goalie. 

Jak Alnwick' contract offer has been on the table for a good few months & remains unsigned.

That in itself suggests, he's waiting a better offer from elsewhere.

Absolutely no problems with that but if you cannot demonstrate commitment to the team/club, you effectively bench yourself if their is a capable replacement waiting to take your place.

Dean Lyness has demonstrated very well in the games he has played, that he's more than capable of replacing Jak. (A wee bit of work on his distribution, his goal kicks match Jones's corners for being erratic)

Jak Alnwick might not have looked at Aberdeen if Jim Goodwin hadn't gone but that's where I've expected him to go since Jim took the overnight sheepshagger express from Queen Street.

Edited by Kombibuddie
Typo

Was just about to post this. Not surprising. Joe Lewis has been on a downward spiral with them. When we play them I always thought pressuring him should be the forwards game plan as he has been really shit.
Alnwick will get more money there, will be seen as a bigger club and better move (though they have been shite and not as famous at their twat fans make out anymore).

I'll be upset if he goes there as I feel he is the real consistency in the squad and really kept us in games. I hope though that in recent years our goal keeper signing has been pretty good that we can get another decent one in like Alnwick, Hladky and Samson.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

On 3/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, exiledfan said:

I would risk it. 

Alnwick is excellent but hasn't signed so realistically looks likely to leave particularly with Goodwin now in for him. I would play Lyness as soon as we are safe - if only to let Robinson and Langfield decide whether he should be our number 1 next season. Lyness has been very competent in the few occasions we see him. The main reservation is his distribution and if Robinson is all about possession and patient build up then the goalie has to be able to take and give a pass as well. No worries about Alnwick's distribution but not sure about Lyness.

Just now, antrin said:

Alnwick’s throwing was good and his kick-outs exceptional.

Not a bad shot-stopper, either.

I’ll be sad to see him go, but accepting of it.

Saints move on.

His KICK OUTS have been just that straight out the park a fair few times the last few games. lol

• 3 weeks later...