2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Rangers 1 Celtic 2

Part one of the top 6 miracle complete {the easy part} league race over 

Part 2   Saints v Rangers  [home win]

Part 3  Aberdeen v Ross County  [draw]

Part 4  Hearts v Hibernian  [Home win]

Part 5  Livingston v Well    [draw]  

Happy So Excited GIF

There are some who seem to think that there is no point in us turning up next Sunday and at times our next opponents looked very threatening today. Who knows how we will get on? I don’t. Were we to win then I think it would definitely come into the “shock result” category. But, one lives in hope and as the saying goes, “It’s the hope that kills you” or words to that effect.I’ll be there more in hope than expectation. After 50 years of following St Mirren my sons and I are familiar with that feeling.

Edited by Rascal

19 minutes ago, W6er said:

If ever there's an opportunity to beat Rangers, it's next Sunday with them having played an Old Firm and had an away trip to Braga. I still think we've got got a minuscule chance, though. [/ELVIS]

I guess you have summed it up well W6. Small, even minuscule as you suggest but a chance. To get so close to the top six and be disappointed if we don’t make it, is perhaps a sign of the progress we have made that we should almost have an expectation. Ross, Kearney and Goodwin helped get us to this point in their own way. The next part is more difficult. It is to make a top six place a recurring reality. Over to you Mr Robinson. It won’t be easy but you have done it before. (Ps. The others mentioned haven’t). No pressure!!!

A long shot but aye. 
Hearts win against Hibs 
Livi don't win against Motherwell 
Ross County draw with Aberdeen 
We win against the Scum. 
Easy.

Rangers 1 Celtic 2
Part one of the top 6 miracle complete {the easy part} league race over 
Part 2   Saints v Rangers  [home win]
Part 3  Aberdeen v Ross County  [draw]
Part 4  Hearts v Hibernian  [Home win]
Part 5  Livingston v Well    [draw]  

200.gif

I'm sure someone already mentioned this, can't recall who, though. cough, cough

When Hearts win, Livi don't win, County draw with Aberdeen and we win, we will be.

Stranger things have happened in football,  every team has something to play for except Rangers 
If only one result was to go tits up what one do you reckon it would be  

200.gif
Probably our one. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think the battle of the top 6 will be replaced by the battle of the saints.... we need points asap survive and then recruit for next year.... after all Thistles top six achievement worked well...

I hate the thought of writing off our chances but realistically it would take a minor miracle to get the sequence of results that we would wish this weekend. As things stand, if St J get 3 points this weekend then there might well be a few teams within only a few points of them with 5 to play. Makes for a tense but highly interesting end to the season. As the saying goes- for what it’s worth - our future will be in our own hands. No point in being a Wimp about it IMO. Let’s get stuck in. COYS

27 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I hate the thought of writing off our chances but realistically it would take a minor miracle to get the sequence of results that we would wish this weekend. As things stand, if St J get 3 points this weekend then there might well be a few teams within only a few points of them with 5 to play. Makes for a tense but highly interesting end to the season. As the saying goes- for what it’s worth - our future will be in our own hands. No point in being a Wimp about it IMO. Let’s get stuck in. COYS

This was totally in our hands...utd winning .. well winning... end up with zero...  not much chance Sunday and then its 5 cup finals... totally avoidable... but hey ho its Saints i support so its expected..