More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

Just now, Slarti said:
6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Jeezo you're tiresome. :snore

If you would stop saying silly things, I wouldn't need to be.

If you read back I mentioned "variables", you chose to ignore that and tried yet again to be smart.

You've been trying all day to be amusing and smart, which you are neither.

Why don't you try to contribute something rather than being a crashing bore? :byebye

On 1/29/2023 at 9:44 AM, faraway saint said:

Not as bad, or dramatic, as some are trying to make out.

May be an image of text that says "Last Update 7th Jan 2023 Ave 21/22 2022/23 Difference Aberdeen % 4671 Celtic 7394 2723 6596 58% 6331 Dundee Utd -265 5302 -4% 6223 Hearts 921 5767 17% Hibs 7249 1482 4845 26% 2 5343 Kilmarnock 498 6363 10% 6785 Livingston 422 3785 7% 3 5366 Motherwell 1581 4987 42% 5668 Rangers 681 6342 14% 6358 17 0% 3806 Ross County St. Johnstone 4557 751 20% 4306 5387 1081 25% 56770 66661 9892 17%"

I think the biggest change there is COVID no longer being a factor. The first few games of last season had a restricted crowd (Hearts and St Johnstone) and after that the game shut down for a few weeks after the christmas due to COVID.

I think the biggest change there is COVID no longer being a factor. The first few games of last season had a restricted crowd (Hearts and St Johnstone) and after that the game shut down for a few weeks after the christmas due to COVID.
As you can see there is a 1,2&3 on the right hand side. If the OP had included the notes it may have helped.

The SLO had used pre covid fixtures and as kilmarnock weren't in the league used their last games at the SMISA Stadium for comparison.

Think I got that all correct.

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

As you can see there is a 1,2&3 on the right hand side. If the OP had included the notes it may have helped.

The SLO had used pre covid fixtures and as kilmarnock weren't in the league used their last games at the SMISA Stadium for comparison.

Please stop pishing on TC’s negative chips. 

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Even if that is the case, it doesn't take into account the understandable reluctance people still had around COVID last year. We were in the midst of a large wave in Christmas 2021 and crowds all over the country were affected as a result.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Even if that is the case, it doesn't take into account the understandable reluctance people still had around COVID last year. We were in the midst of a large wave in Christmas 2021 and crowds all over the country were affected as a result.

FFS TC. Even a cursory glance at those figures tells you our crowds are up on anything we’ve experienced for many a year. 

17 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I don't understand, are you saying that COVID had no impact on crowds last season?

No, I’m saying that even an idiot can see that this season’s crowds are better than anything we’ve had for years (long before Covid). Therefore, still a good news story that you are desperately trying to dumb down as usual. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No, I’m saying that even an idiot can see that this season’s crowds are better than anything we’ve had for years (long before Covid). Therefore, still a good news story that you are desperately trying to dumb down as usual. 

So, we agree with each other that COVID has been a factor over the last three seasons, good. What you've done here is invent me saying something that I haven't said, and argued with that. I never once said the crowds weren't good. I simply said comparing that comparing it with the COVID seasons wasn't a relevant comparison. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

So, we agree with each other that COVID has been a factor over the last three seasons, good. What you've done here is invent me saying something that I haven't said, and argued with that. I never once said the crowds weren't good. I simply said comparing that comparing it with the COVID seasons wasn't a relevant comparison. 

So we agree that you pedantically latched onto one (irrelevant in the wider positive context of the stats) aspect of the figures, for the sole purpose of putting a negative spin on a good news story. Glad we sorted that out.

And I also agree that you “never once said the crowds weren’t good”, but rather crucially you never once said they were good either. 

I think we’ve cleared all this up. 👍

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So we agree that you pedantically latched onto one (irrelevant in the wider positive context of the stats) aspect of the figures, for the sole purpose of putting a negative spin on a good news story. Glad we sorted that out.

And I also agree that you “never once said the crowds weren’t good”, but rather crucially you never once said they were good either. 

I think we’ve cleared all this up. 👍

I don't see that as pedantic at all. A more relevant comparison would have been the last season with no COVID impact at all, which was 2018/2019, which i'm sure would show an increase and be a much more relevant comparison. The only negativity here is coming from you 😁 If you're going to argue with stuff I didn't say then you'd be aswell arguing with yourself... All you've done over the last few posts is agree with me 🤏

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I don't see that as pedantic at all. A more relevant comparison would have been the last season with no COVID impact at all, which was 2018/2019, which i'm sure would show an increase and be a much more relevant comparison. The only negativity here is coming from you 😁 If you're going to argue with stuff I didn't say then you'd be aswell arguing with yourself... All you've done over the last few posts is agree with me 🤏

Righty Ho China.

I’ve said everything I need to say on this matter and have zero additional time to drag this into a semantics debate with a stubborn, negative article like your good self. 
Have a nice day 👍

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Righty Ho China.

I’ve said everything I need to say on this matter and have zero additional time to drag this into a semantics debate with a stubborn, negative article like your good self. 
Have a nice day 👍

Who'd have thought such an obvious statement such as 'Covid had an impact on crowds' would have led us down this bizarre path 😆

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Who'd have thought such an obvious statement such as 'Covid had an impact on crowds' would have led us down this bizarre path 😆

One last point. Can you point out the post where I insinuated you’d said something factually incorrect?
As you well know, that was not accusation I was making. So using that as your “defence” is a wee bit……to use your favourite word……..bizarre! 😀

47 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

One last point. Can you point out the post where I insinuated you’d said something factually incorrect?
As you well know, that was not accusation I was making. So using that as your “defence” is a wee bit……to use your favourite word……..bizarre! 😀

When did I say you said I had said something factually correct? We've agreed with each other throughout. You've argued with yourself when you made up that I said crowds weren't good, but apart from that 🤷‍♂️

I don't see that as pedantic at all. A more relevant comparison would have been the last season with no COVID impact at all, which was 2018/2019, which i'm sure would show an increase and be a much more relevant comparison. The only negativity here is coming from you [emoji16] If you're going to argue with stuff I didn't say then you'd be aswell arguing with yourself... All you've done over the last few posts is agree with me 🤏
You would have then mentioned that Ross County weren't in the top league that season. [emoji14]

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If you read back I mentioned "variables", you chose to ignore that and tried yet again to be smart.

You've been trying all day to be amusing and smart, which you are neither.

Why don't you try to contribute something rather than being a crashing bore? :byebye

Variables or not, if the things are "unknown" then you can't list them.  You could list a lot of variables and put their amount as unknown, but that isn't what you said.

"smart" is a subjective term, it depends on who you are comparing me with.  "amusing" is also a subjective term and you are welcome to your opinion on that.

I am contributing lessons in basic English.  Hope they're helpful.

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Apparently not.