More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

We should also remember that we had no income during Covid but still had wages and other upkeep to pay. Pretty impossible to predict we would be paying out in excess of quarter of a million on Covid tests plus additional expenses due to Covid plus wages and routine expenses with no income.

32 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We should also remember that we had no income during Covid but still had wages and other upkeep to pay. Pretty impossible to predict we would be paying out in excess of quarter of a million on Covid tests plus additional expenses due to Covid plus wages and routine expenses with no income.

That doesn't fit with the doomsday scenario and the blame everything on Kibble narrative - get with it boy. :whistle

Wasn't there about 3 thousand season tickets purchased?

It is very concerning for a club our size, but I would be more concerned if this was a pattern year on year, rather than a report covering perhaps one of the most turbulent financial and business scenarios to have hit our country in the last 50 years or so.

Our club got into severe financial difficulties in trying to keep up with the Jones's back in the 80's and 90's which eventually led to the Board managing to conjure up a finacial miracle in getting Tesco to pay a significant figure to bail us out with the banks....... 

If we were to encounter similar figures again next year then I would begin to worry, as there ain't no family silver to sell off next time round 😰

The only saving grace in all of this is that I expect quite a few clubs throughout the country to show similar losses covering this last financial year.

23 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Wasn't there about 3 thousand season tickets purchased?

You are right. We did sell 3k season tickets minus the cost of setting up and running PPV. And as much as that was useful it didn't make up for the substantial losses.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You are right. We did sell 3k season tickets minus the cost of setting up and running PPV. And as much as that was useful it didn't make up for the substantial losses.

But surely the substantial losses during the Covid season would have shown up in last years accounts? Up to May 2021.

The loss that financial year was circa £45K. 

45 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

But surely the substantial losses during the Covid season would have shown up in last years accounts? Up to May 2021.

Seems more like a case that the club could absorb the losses previously a bit better. But the knock on impacts along with things like Ralston & investment in player squad has caused a disappointing year. 

It happens, it’s happened to practically all of our competitors more over the last 5-10 years. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Seems more like a case that the club could absorb the losses previously a bit better. But the knock on impacts along with things like Ralston & investment in player squad has caused a disappointing year. 

It happens, it’s happened to practically all of our competitors more over the last 5-10 years. 

We’ve gone from -£45K loss during Covid when revenue and impact of testing and social distancing protocols was at its worst to losses of -£1.5M.

Agreed?

We can see the costs associated with increased players and staffing. Agreed?

So that means that Ralston must have gone way over the original budget as there should not be increased costs related to Covid in these accounts as the most affected period was the previous financial year.

Agreed?

The AGM should in theory answer that better than the accounts. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

We’ve gone from -£45K loss during Covid when revenue and impact of testing and social distancing protocols was at its worst to losses of -£1.5M.

Agreed?

We can see the costs associated with increased players and staffing. Agreed?

So that means that Ralston must have gone way over the original budget as there should not be increased costs related to Covid in these accounts as the most affected period was the previous financial year.

Agreed?

The AGM should in theory answer that better than the accounts. 

The budget runs from spring 2021 to spring 2022. There were still a number of costs associated with Covid during this time. 

It’s disappointing results but as we see multiple times, people often try & blow these points far more out of proportion. 

I feel they’ve given a pretty logical & acceptable answer & the AGM will build on that. The strategy now turns to getting us back in the black over the coming year. If they don’t deliver on that (or fall considerably short), I’ll be more concerned than a set of results during an exceptional time. 

3 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

IIRC it was mentioned in last years accounts but I can't recall how it was listed.  It may turn out to be more of a shifting about of things in the way they are listed in the accounts rather than an actual loss this year - if you see what I mean.  I'm not an accountant so, obviously, take this with a pinch of what-the-feck-are-you-talking-aboutery.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

IIRC it was mentioned in last years accounts but I can't recall how it was listed.  It may turn out to be more of a shifting about of things in the way they are listed in the accounts rather than an actual loss this year - if you see what I mean.  I'm not an accountant so, obviously, take this with a pinch of what-the-feck-are-you-talking-aboutery.

No. What that was about the Covid loan dropped in that set of accounts and caused some accounting jiggery pokery that those lads/lassies/them create to confuse us!

Well everyone bar a select few!

On 1/11/2023 at 11:10 PM, djchapsticks said:

Next financial year meaning the financial year following the report. 2022/23. The financial year we are currently in.

The aim is to be break even again by the end of financial year 2023/24 so I expect another modest loss next year unless we sell players this month which is pretty realistic at this point.

Indeed

On 1/11/2023 at 10:54 PM, bazil85 said:

Steps taken to prevent reoccurrence & move us to break even’

You mean like I said? Good effort but you’ve again made an utter fool of yourself. 

Steps taken - Like putting a strategy in place for example 🤷‍♂️

All totally irrelevant 

8 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

It is, totality irrelevant and nothing to do with any of my points 

You’ve shown that you often just want to lash out when I post. You’ve made a fool of yourself a few times in recent months. This is no different as it absolutely was relevant. 

Stick with your pandemic conspiracy theory comments, they don’t make any more sense but at least they’re funny. 😂

8 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

It is, totality irrelevant and nothing to do with any of my points 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’ve shown that you often just want to lash out when I post. You’ve made a fool of yourself a few times in recent months. This is no different as it absolutely was relevant. 

Where is this favourite of yours "lashing out"? :wacko:

The same patter time after time, you need a new script writer. 

Jeezo, what a snowflake, it's clear you don't really come from Paisley. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye his comeback and everyone else you upset will be that you couldn’t even point to Paisley on a map. 😂 

I’m one of your aliases so I can make a joke before they do. 😝 

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Here’s another one (because these things keep happening). You crying about repetition is the absolute height of irony. 

You’ve trolled the forum for years with 50,000+ repetitive posts, moaning about how other people use the website. 

If you don’t like the way I use the forum, just put (and keep) me on ignore/ don’t jump in on almost all of my posts to other people. Simple 🤷‍♂️

As for your last point, that’s a high level of bollocks, even by your standards. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Here’s another one (because these things keep happening). You crying about repetition is the absolute height of irony. 

You’ve trolled the forum for years with 50,000+ repetitive posts, moaning about how other people use the website. 

If you don’t like the way I use the forum, just put (and keep) me on ignore/ don’t jump in on almost all of my posts to other people. Simple 🤷‍♂️

As for your last point, that’s a high level of bollocks, even by your standards. 

:lol: