St Mirren v Motherwell, 28/1/23

faraway saint

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Always do a St Mirren betbuilder but thinking of doing a Ross County one into the mix this weekend always bet on strikers making debut but when Brophy's debut looks like coming against his old team more reason he will most likely score now.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

I looked at RC, slightly tempted but a tough one to call as Killie's away form makes us look Arsenal. and RC are equally as shit at home.

Draw. 

Edited by faraway saint

On 1/19/2023 at 10:37 AM, Warrior Saint said:

One win in ten is an absolute disgrace, that's relegation stuff..

Hibs (a) Lost 3-0

Ross County (a) Lost 3-2

St. Johnstone (h) Drew 2-2

Rangers (h) Drew 1-1

Aberdeen (h) Won 3-2

Livingston (a) Drew 1-1

Kilmarnock (a) Drew 0-0

Hearts (h) Drew 1-1

Hearts (a) Lost 1-0

Celtic (a) Lost 4-0

In those ten games we played both the Old Firm and Hearts twice. Of the other six games, four were away from home.

Whilst we have not been good, admittedly, those ten games have been fairly tough fixtures. It's our home form that has been outstanding this season, and I admit we're beginning to need to start winning our home games.  Tomorrow's huge.

Been working for over 3 hours, a quick tea break then back on it as I'm planning to settle down to watch us get a win.

I have to say this thread is tough reading with the amount of unrelated pishy posts.

if so called supporters want to post constant pish can't they keep it out of these threads or someone take some action? 

Back later and I'm a bit anxious as the consequences if we lose could see us become nervous about the teams underneath us.  

2-0 for us today. 
As for the other weekend games, here’s what I hope for…

Hibs and Aberdeen to have a 0-0 draw. Gives neither of them a boost and with no goals morale stays low. 

Rangers to cuff St. Johnstone and do some damage to their GD.

Killie v RossCo not too fussed about really. A draw or a County win I guess. 

United not an immediate threat to us yet (especially if we win today), but I’d sooner Celtic just battered them anyway. 

And finally, much as it pains me to say it, I think 3rd is now a pipe dream, so might as well have Hearts just batter Livi now. 

Assuming Celtic and Rangers win their games this weekend, a win for us would put at least 3 teams 10 points or more below us. A win for County against Killie would put 4 teams 10 points below us. That would be an incredibly healthy cushion and I think in all reality we could forget about relegation and start looking only upwards. We’d also still have a game in hand over at least 3 of the clubs below us. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Assuming Celtic and Rangers win their games this weekend, a win for us would put at least 3 teams 10 points or more below us. A win for County against Killie would put 4 teams 10 points below us. That would be an incredibly healthy cushion and I think in all reality we could forget about relegation and start looking only upwards. We’d also still have a game in hand over at least 3 of the clubs below us. 

Seriously who is thinking about relegation apart from knickerwetters...The Club....manager...players...and lots of fans are thinking top 6...thats why attendances are up 17%... 11 unbeaten at home soon to be 12

48 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Seriously who is thinking about relegation apart from knickerwetters...The Club....manager...players...and lots of fans are thinking top 6...thats why attendances are up 17%... 11 unbeaten at home soon to be 12

They need to show that by winning today, it’s an important game.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

To be fair, pal, it's very tight - just 7 points separate Hibs in 6th place from Killie in 11th. If Motherwell win today, they're four points behind us.

But you're right. Looking upwards, only four points separate us and Livingston in fourth place. So we could still be dragged into a relegation battle, but equally finishing fourth is just as achievable. I think things will be clearer by March, given we have five league games in February.

Three points today is really important, but more so for Motherwell who really are already very much in that dogfight. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I have just read a stat on twitter our next three games counting today's are against struggling teams so we all know what that means three defeats for us and right back in the pack trying to avoid bottom two.

Give up on the stat's. Bad for your health. 

30 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

I never really question the team selection by SR but I’m baffled at Gogic in defence with Gallagher and Taylor on the bench. 

Exactly what I was thinking. Surely we signed Taylor for this very eventuality. Appreciate Gallagher has been poor last couple of games but Gogic will be sorely missed in midfield.