Gary Lineker

beyond our ken

Hats off to a man i find I actually have stopped disliking over the years and now respect.

He says he doesn't fear suspension from the BBC and it maybe would be a good thing if he was suspended as it would give other public figures the chance to refuse to cover his TV role based on a moral stance.

It would be inbteresting to see who might decide to take a run at the main chance instead of following a very laudible moral lead

I'm kinda mixed on this, his "tweet" was obviously his opinion and I don't think his comparison was reasonable TBH, but I do recognise that people representing a corporation need to be aware it could be seen as unnecessarily inflammatory. 

Unfortunately, these days, when snowflakes are taking over, this decision taken by the BBC, which I think is an over reaction, was always going to happen.

I see Ian Wright and Alan Shearer have told the BBC he won't appear on Match of the Day in a show of solidarity with Lineker. 

Lineker won't suffer because of this, he's pretty comfortable. 

A storm in a tea cup IMO. 

PRESENTERS AND PUNDITS - FECKEM

Always watch Sportscene and Match of the Day on the iPlayer later on .

So I can deliberately fast forward between the Match action and miss all the boring shite talk.

PRESENTERS AND PUNDITS - HA HA HA HA HA 

23 minutes ago, shull said:

So I can deliberately fast forward between the Match action and miss all the boring shite talk.

Pity we couldn't fast forward your tedious shite. :thumbsdown

Oh, ha ha ha ha ha. :1eye

4 hours ago, shull said:

Same with me, I record it and watch the match and fast forward through the tedious analysis. Hope they all lose there jobs for being little children having a tantrum. Funny how all wokesters end up  trying to look like victims. 

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Same with me, I record it and watch the match and fast forward through the tedious analysis. Hope they all lose there jobs for being little children having a tantrum. Funny how all wokesters end up  trying to look like victims. 

It's their job?

Whether you like them or not, it's ludicrous to suggest that the analysis is tedious as a whole.

Lineker, as a pundit, is more than decent as he has a superb background in playing football and is more intelligent than the average dumpling who is there to support him. 

I don't "get" he is trying to look like a victim, he's stated his opinion, which I happen to disagree with, and is being hung out to dry by the snowflake establishment. 

FECKING BRILLIANT

NO PRESENTERS

NO PUNDITS

NO COMMENTATORS

MATCH OF THE DAY WILL BE FAB ON SATURDAY NIGHT. NO NEED TO FAST FORWARD THE BORES.

JUST THE ACTION TO WATCH.

GOALS AND DIVES ALL THE WAY.

10/10

Linaker shared personal thoughts, which I and the vast majority of people with a modicum of conscience and compassion agree with. 

The BBC are doffing the bunnet to their paymasters. Unnecessary. 

The unity and solidarity of the other presenters tells a story.

Solidarity. 

36 Tory MPs and Lords have decided Lineker’s suspension isn’t good enough. 

They’ve written to Tim Davie demanding a full apology “without reservation” from Mr Lineker.

They also want an independent investigation.

The same Tim Davie that Sunak worked under at Goldman Sachs?

Match of the Day will be outstanding tonight. I cannae wait.

Football all the way.

No presenters, pundits or commentators.

Also heard the players will Take The Knee in support of all the missing BBC dudes.

Immigration ;

We are experiencing the impact hugely of immigration down here.

It’s too easy for high profile people who are wealthy to say keep them coming in !

We are all for helping people, no doubt.

I’m not sure where they expect them all to be put.

Many immigrants pass through multiple safe countries before arriving in Britain.

The system allows it. Tens of thousands currently being housed in hotels : zero contribution to the costs.

Some down here have been in hotels around 3 years, where exactly are we going to house them and at whose expense?

23 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Immigration ;

We are experiencing the impact hugely of immigration down here.

It’s too easy for high profile people who are wealthy to say keep them coming in !

We are all for helping people, no doubt.

I’m not sure where they expect them all to be put.

Many immigrants pass through multiple safe countries before arriving in Britain.

The system allows it. Tens of thousands currently being housed in hotels : zero contribution to the costs.

Some down here have been in hotels around 3 years, where exactly are we going to house them and at whose expense?

Indeed, easy for people in their ivory towers who won't be affected to focus on the sympathy angle but the practicalities are very different.

Not to mention the gangs who are making money from these people, sending them to their death.

Not sure what the answer is but the UK, and other countries, can't be seen as a dumping ground.