Livingston versus St Mirren

guinness

I'm utterly surprised Scottish footballs crowds seem to be on the increase with crap like this.

Away games are so boring in this league outwith Dingwall and Edinburgh but even Hibs are ridiculous too if you haven't got a ticket by the Friday you can't go.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

I'm utterly surprised Scottish footballs crowds seem to be on the increase with crap like this.

Away games are so boring in this league outwith Dingwall and Edinburgh but even Hibs are ridiculous too if you haven't got a ticket by the Friday you can't go.

What crap this time?

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What crap this time?

The apparent inability of clubs to make it easy for folk to buy a ticket.  Time constraints, having to register to buy tickets, shop opening hours, no pay at gates etc…

I can perhaps understand if these hurdles were only for matches against the bigot buttocks, where a full house might be an added complication to violence and aggression, but for run of the mill diddy club matches, it seems like overkill and/or self- damaging obstruction.

The apparent inability of clubs to make it easy for folk to buy a ticket.  Time constraints, having to register to buy tickets, shop opening hours, no pay at gates etc…
I can perhaps understand if these hurdles were only for matches against the bigot buttocks, where a full house might be an added complication to violence and aggression, but for run of the mill diddy club matches, it seems like overkill and/or self- damaging obstruction.

What like turning up at Livingston on the day and paying with either card or cash.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/match/away-fans/

Tickets can be purchased online ahead of match day through a dedicated web link which we advertise on our web and social media at least a week before kick off.

We also have a dedicated ticket booth in our NorDan East Stand which is open on match days, and this accepts cash and card payments. It is located to the right of turnstiles 15, 16 and 17.

There is an entrance which is easily accessible for supporters who are unable to enter through the turnstiles for any reason.

This is located at the Section ‘O’ door in the middle of the East Stand and is able to be used any time this stand it open. It is manned by staff / volunteers who are able to scan your ticket for entry and then advise or assist if required.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

What like turning up at Livingston on the day and paying with either card or cash.

Tickets can be purchased online ahead of match day through a dedicated web link which we advertise on our web and social media at least a week before kick off.

We also have a dedicated ticket booth in our NorDan East Stand which is open on match days, and this accepts cash and card payments. It is located to the right of turnstiles 15, 16 and 17.

There is an entrance which is easily accessible for supporters who are unable to enter through the turnstiles for any reason.

This is located at the Section ‘O’ door in the middle of the East Stand and is able to be used any time this stand it open. It is manned by staff / volunteers who are able to scan your ticket for entry and then advise or assist if required.

Would have  see ha st t o have this information on our Club website which definitely gives the impression tickets can only be bought through Livingston. Also co during your attachment states NO cash gate. I assume this means you pay cash for a ticket then present the ticket at Mothercare so technically no cash gate.  All seems unnecessarily complicated.

Would have  see ha st t o have this information on our Club website which definitely gives the impression tickets can only be bought through Livingston. Also co during your attachment states NO cash gate. I assume this means you pay cash for a ticket then present the ticket at Mothercare so technically no cash gate.  All seems unnecessarily complicated.

If you think that is unnecessarily complicated, try reading your own post sober. [emoji1787]

You buy from the trusted employees at the booth, and then proceed to the turnstiles like everyone else. No need to goto Mothercare or any early learning centre. [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Fairy nuff… if it IS as easy as you imply.    :)

I did say…

“The apparent inability of clubs to make it easy for folk to buy a ticket.  “

There are regular grumbles posted in here that indicate all is not as easy as it seems at Livvi.

Edited by antrin

On 8/24/2023 at 9:56 AM, antrin said:

The away club don't benefit from the ticket sales so ther is no financial incentive for a smaller club to sell tickets.

I am looking forward to a win here, a great opportunity to go back to the top of the table.   Every other game this weekend is potentially a draw and we will be in a really good position to come out of the international break with a strengthened squad which could see us into the LC semi-final.  As long as "that pitch" doesn't cause us more injuries on Saturday.  Outside of the Glasgow teams i see every match as winnable for us and we are even in good shape to shake those two up.

Happy days.

I don't kid myself that we will be top 2 in May, the chances are there for a top 4 finish though and maybe a cup final appearance and being top 4-top 6 at the turn of year with LC success of some sort behind us will add potential funds and confidence when we assess the winter window.  This is THE time not to blow it in the old, familar way

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

The away club don't benefit from the ticket sales so ther is no financial incentive for a smaller club to sell tickets.

This simply underscores the stupidity of Scottish football as a  level-playing field and competitive sport.  

once upon a time when gates were shared, and bodies/bawbees of every colour were welcomed through turnstiles) - everyone/every team benefited.

Now diddy clubs scrabble for whatever dregs spill off the top table’s bounteous banquet.

No one cares about opposition punters, the idea of away fans not even being present is being trialled by the bigot brothers…

The other day SomeBuddie on here posted - what I thought to be - a highly accurate comment about the league being a quite well-defined entity now as we knew the various club’s incomes and how that dictated where teams would settle in the league.  Accept that new reality.

Enjoy the current Paisley purple patch till the injuries and suspensions kick in.  :(

Edited by antrin

This simply underscores the stupidity of Scottish football as a  level-playing field and competitive sport.  

once upon a time when gates were shared, and bodies/bawbees of every colour were welcomed through turnstiles) - everyone/every team benefited.
Now diddy clubs scrabble for whatever dregs spill off the top table’s bounteous banquet.
No one cares about opposition punters, the idea of away fans not even being present is being trialled by the bigot brothers…
The other day SomeBuddie on here posted - what I thought to be - a highly accurate comment about the league being a quite well-defined entity now as we knew the various club’s incomes and how that dictated where teams would settle in the league.  Accept that new reality.
Enjoy the current Paisley purple patch till the injuries and suspensions kick in.  [emoji20]

FFS the Christmas Grinch has made an early appearance this year. [emoji1787]

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Enjoy the current Paisley purple patch till the injuries and suspensions kick in.  :(

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

FFS the Christmas Grinch has made an early appearance this year. emoji1787.png

It doesn't mean he's wrong though. This "christmas" was fecked by the avarice of two clubs in particular. For the life of me I can't see the logic in a team playing every second week without any income from the game. It's ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It doesn't mean he's wrong though. This "christmas" was fecked by the avarice of two clubs in particular. For the life of me I can't see the logic in a team playing every second week without any income from the game. It's ridiculous.

But every 2nd week they get ALL the income from home games.

I don't happen to agree on the current set up but try to paint the whole picture. 

PS Th English PL also operate the same system as we do with the home team keeping the gate receipts. 

Edited by faraway saint

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

But every 2nd week they get ALL the income from home games.

I don't happen to agree on the current set up but try to paint the whole picture. 

PS Th English PL also operate the same system as we do with the home team keeping the gate receipts. 

Agreed. This is only an issue for teams in Scotland because the old firm have bigger grounds and more fans. 
Trying to be objective, why should they subsidise the rest of the league. 
You can still draw comparisons to the EPL though. I’m not sure you hear too much moaning from Brentford or Bournemouth that Man Utd and Arsenal earn significantly more in gate revenue. 
I know there’s more money generally in the English game but it’s still all relative. 
I of course remember the old system, but in this modern age it’s hard to believe that gate sharing was ever a thing. 

There’s plenty things I strongly dislike about the old firm but wanting to keep their own money isn’t one of them. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agreed. This is only an issue for teams in Scotland because the old firm have bigger grounds and more fans. 
You can still draw comparisons to the EPL though. I’m not sure you hear too much moaning from Brentford or Bournemouth that Man Utd and Arsenal earn significantly more in gate revenue. 
I know there’s more money generally in the English game but it’s still all relative. 
I of course remember the old system, but in this modern age it’s hard to believe that gate sharing was ever a thing. 

There’s plenty things I strongly dislike about the old firm but wanting to keep their own money isn’t one of them. 

Point 1. There is no such thing as the "Old firm". You can thank me later.

Point 2. We cannot compare the Scottish scene to England. They are on a different stratosphere though I do believe the profits from TV is shared to lower leagues at the expense of those Sky want to televise. This is akin to sharing profits made from their games. You have to remember that there are hardly any games televised from Ipox and porkheed. It's their away games that are televised meaning, due to this and their own fans behaviour at away grounds, it is more likely that people will watch from afar possibly affecting the smaller club's revenue. That's part of the reason for clubs basically giving up their home advantage to generate home revenue,

IF the @rsecheeks are being honest about trying to make our league competitive then even giving a percentage of each game receipts would go some way to redressing the balance. Let's say each club gives 10% of the gate after expenses, to the team who have come to allow them to actually play the game. For clubs of similar size it would amount to almost the same thing as keeping their home gates. I'm not pretending this is the right way to go about it but there must be some way to cover travel costs and paying away staff for actually being there.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

They take the lion's share of the league money and always will, they can afford to drop a couple of million to the common good fund, it's not as if they use it well and maybe a bit more competition would shake our league up.  Fans are coming back and they will want to see more competition.

The old firm have long complained that their poor performance in Europe was down to a lack of competition at home, but they have killed that by fixing the system and the one chance we had to restore balance was scuppered by an Aberdeen board that had ideas they could be a permanent 3rd force.

We need to remember that comparisons with the EP are not apples with apples, they share the TV money far more fairly with promotion payment gurantees (which makes a promoted side far more competitive as long as they havent pawned the silver to get promoted) and relegation cushion payments.  Look at how clubs with smaller stadia like Bournemouth, Brighton, Forest and others can mix it in the middle third of the table with clubs who get 35000-40000 and more for home games.  our system is geared to perpetuate the duopoly.

22 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

They take the lion's share of the league money and always will, they can afford to drop a couple of million to the common good fund, it's not as if they use it well and maybe a bit more competition would shake our league up.  Fans are coming back and they will want to see more competition.

Why are they coming back if the lack of competition is a major factor? :wacko: