Mill St/Glasgow Rd Junction Is Changing

HSS

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

He does have me on ignore… sometimes. Slarti (and yes, the person has definitely been on this website before under different names) is a great example of the five step ignore guide to BAWA.

1. Say you're going to stop responding and arguing with the person
  2. Keep responding and arguing with them a bit longer
  3. Put the person on ignore (make sure you announce it to everyone) 
  4. Still follow almost every response to the person and bring the person up in completely unrelated topics, often bringing up long dead argument points you already said you’d stop arguing with them over 
  5. Take the person off ignore and repeat from step one

It all started because I accurately called him on being pedantic, one of his go to argument techniques  

Oh I know he has.  Him and Cookie Monster aka Cowardly Cockles1987.  The two of them think they're being clever on here but they're just a pair of compulsive liars.

Many thanks for your guide to the Black and White Army guide to "ignore", I'll kerp that in mind when people say they've put people on ignore.

I know I’m bucking the trend here but. Closing the slip road from Glasgow road onto mill street thus making cars travel to turn left onto Cotton street will result in more accidents at the two Gordon street/Mill  street junctions (there are a fair amount of crashes there already ) also when bridge street and Gauze street are closed off for events there will be mayhem.

27 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

I know I’m bucking the trend here but. Closing the slip road from Glasgow road onto mill street thus making cars travel to turn left onto Cotton street will result in more accidents at the two Gordon street/Mill  street junctions (there are a fair amount of crashes there already ) also when bridge street and Gauze street are closed off for events there will be mayhem.

It’s just a piece in the jigsaw that is the project to get cars off the roads. Why do you think they are spending millions on bike lanes throughout  Renfrewshire. 

Don't know if there's still plans to open up an area in front of the town hall for events to be moved from Cotton/Bridge Street.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Z7WvLmhjLe4tzYda5BcdaAM8YgbXzMn6XT69ozh8PSPN35pSXn8D2PVAvU4ZKTX9l&id=196210047099826

22 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It’s just a piece in the jigsaw that is the project to get cars off the roads. Why do you think they are spending millions on bike lanes throughout  Renfrewshire. 

Like the cycle lane which runs from Bascule bridge at Inchinnan all the way to Bishopton which is not surprisingly largely free of Cycles & Cyclists.

Yet on a daily basis, you still get many of the Lycra clad fanny brigade using the road despite the new bit of tarmac designed specifically for them being as wide as the runway at Glasgow airport 😡

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Like the cycle lane which runs from Bascule bridge at Inchinnan all the way to Bishopton which is not surprisingly largely free of Cycles & Cyclists.

Yet on a daily basis, you still get many of the Lycra clad fanny brigade using the road despite the new bit of tarmac designed specifically for them being as wide as the runway at Glasgow airport 😡

Yip that’s the ones 😅 the council are currently building the next phase from Bascule bridge past Babcocks and into Paisley. I like to get out for a cycle myself (no Lycra) however there isn’t a market (at the moment!) for so many dedicated cycle paths , therefore I can only imagine it future planning for a car free (at least to the lower working class) Renfrewshire. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The police advise accomplished cyclists to use the road. The pedestrian/cycle pavements are supposedly for inexperienced cyclists. In fact the road cyclists are advised to ride side by side. It's simply madness.

4 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Could it not also lead to people turning left into Christie St from Glasgow Rd and cut through the Lagoon Centre car park and out onto Mill St via Bank St?

IMG_5426.thumb.jpeg.17ffaa39f73fc652e0f06309c723310b.jpeg

Edited by Albanian Buddy

8 hours ago, Slarti said:

Not sure cars will be allowed to do that as they would have to cross the bus lane.

The drawing clearly shows an exit and entrance. 😂 The style of driving these days I’ve no doubt that some car users will explore/exploit this. 

IMG_5435.thumb.jpeg.9ccc87021041c01dd79446048d0b0e3b.jpeg

There is a car wash business down that street that if someone is stopped by the police they can say they were planning on going there. Plus there are other businesses around that area that are regularly used and people use that particular entrance/exit to reach. Chiropractor, estate agent, etc. 

It really doesn’t seem to have been thought out. But that doesn’t surprise me. 😂 

11 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

That barrier has not been there the last few times I’ve been down. Plus there is an entrance/exit down to the right of that entrance in Millar St which I’ve used many times in the past which is the route I meant. 

IMG_5434.thumb.jpeg.2c049a3f0d6cfc8f863ca2e01ce0c8a2.jpeg

The barrier is still there but it’s always in a raised position 

Along that section from Robertson Centre to the Glasgow Rd/Mill St junction there is usually significant car parking on the road which can lead to congestion. 

I don’t see any parking restrictions as a result of the dedicated bus/taxi lane.

There are businesses and housing along this stretch that would be impacted if there are restrictions. 

Have I missed any restrictions in the listings?