St Johnstone v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 6/12/23

shull

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Never said he isn't. 

It seems you're happy to post mince but not prepared to back it up. 

What value does your last sentence bring? 

I'm sorry, but I don't follow! I've substantiated the reasoning behind my opinion with the form tables and that, since September, the Fakes' home record is vastly superior to our away record. 

He pays to watch us, spends a decent portion of his free time travelling to away games (at least, I believe I've read he's a member of a supporters' bus) and sitting in the cold, in which case he's fully entitled to be as pessimistic, cynical and jaded as he likes. Some would argue that given his financial investment and the hours of leisure time he dedicates to the club, his opinion is worth more than that of an armchair supporter who watches on an illicit stream from the comfort of their own home. :) 

So, I'm unclear what it is you're asking me. 

11 minutes ago, W6er said:

I'm sorry, but I don't follow! I've substantiated the reasoning behind my opinion with the form tables and that, since September, the Fakes' home record is vastly superior to our away record. 

He pays to watch us, spends a decent portion of his free time travelling to away games (at least, I believe I've read he's a member of a supporters' bus) and sitting in the cold, in which case he's fully entitled to be as pessimistic, cynical and jaded as he likes. Some would argue that given his financial investment and the hours of leisure time he dedicates to the club, his opinion is worth more than that of an armchair supporter who watches on an illicit stream from the comfort of their own home. :) 

So, I'm unclear what it is you're asking me. 

I've already explained my opinion on your opinion. 

I never went near your view on this game so quite why you're mentioning that is beyond me.

You're empty point that anybody who attends is worth more than people who don't  has been torpedoed many times on here previously. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Wait a fecking minute.

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to defend elvis?

He's not negative, he's a few sandwiched short of a picnic.

he is almost in hysterics when we lose a goal/game.

He almost NEVER points out any positives and his "predictions" are almost a copy and paste week after week.

Now you're another kettle of fish.

Even when we were on a good run you settled into your "I'd be happy with a draw" patter.

Nip up to the hospital, get those fence splinters picked out of your arse. 

Edited by faraway saint

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've already explained my opinion on your opinion. 

I never went near your view on this game so quite why you're mentioning that is beyond me.

You're empty point that anybody who attends is worth more than people who don't  has been torpedoed many times on here previously. 

I'm not defending @elvis's negativity, rather I am defending his right to express that negativity on here. Furthermore, I would rather have exaggerated negativity than delusional optimism. 

I still think Elvis is actually more of a 'character' than anything else. If those are the genuinely held views of a real person, then...well, that's very unfortunate, and we should be sympathetic. 

I hope that makes my views clear. Is there anything else you would like me to clarify? :) 

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

I'm not defending @elvis's negativity, rather I am defending his right to express that negativity on here. Furthermore, I would rather have exaggerated negativity than delusional optimism. 

I still think Elvis is actually more of a 'character' than anything else. If those are the genuinely held views of a real person, then...well, that's very unfortunate, and we should be sympathetic. 

I hope that makes my views clear. Is there anything else you would like me to clarify? :) 

No, we're done. 🙏

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No, we're done. 🙏

What I would like to add is that unrealistic expectations only adds to the pressure the team and our manager are under. Which I don't think is helpful.

I will be content with a draw tonight. :) 

5 minutes ago, W6er said:

What I would like to add is that unrealistic expectations only adds to the pressure the team and our manager are under. Which I don't think is helpful.

I would like to add if the manager doesn't exude confidence the players will see that as a weakness and the whole team will collapse. 

Alex Ferguson 1999

You would be happy with every game being a draw. 🤣

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I would like to add if the manager doesn't exude confidence the players will see that as a weakness and the whole team will collapse. 

Alex Ferguson 1999

You would be happy with every game being a draw. 🤣

If we can win at home and draw away, I'd be ecstatic. Obviously, that's unrealistic. But, generally speaking a point on the road is reasonable. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Hod the bloody bus!!!

Are you seriously saying that anyone who expects us to win tonight is harbouring “unrealistic expectations”?? Really? If that’s the case you better add William Hill to your list of people with unrealistic expectations as they have us as clear favourites. 

You can talk about form all you like, but whilst I can’t speak for anyone else’s views, my overriding point on this thread was simply to say that I will NEVER be happy with a point against a team like St. Johnstone and I cannot fathom the mentality of anyone who would be.

I have already said I don’t believe we have a divine right to win, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think we will. 

To me, the thought of going into a game against St. Johnstone being happy with a draw, is more depressing than losing the game.  

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hod the bloody bus!!!

Are you seriously saying that anyone who expects us to win tonight is harbouring “unrealistic expectations”?? Really? If that’s the case you better add William Hill to your list of people with unrealistic expectations as they have us as clear favourites. 

You can talk about form all you like, but whilst I can’t speak for anyone else’s views, my overriding point on this thread was simply to say that I will NEVER be happy with a point against a team like St. Johnstone and I cannot fathom the mentality of anyone who would be.

I have already said I don’t believe we have a divine right to win, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think we will. 

To me, the thought of going into a game against St. Johnstone being happy with a draw, is more depressing than losing the game.  

Shut up, you're not going to be in attendance so you're WAY down the opinion league. 🤣

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m sure you and I still hold a grudge against that cnut Levein after Prague 4-6-0. 

Plus he was in that Jambos side of the 80s under McDonald. 

Intae those Tory farmers!

3 points and nothing less. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was at the 4-0 game at oor place. Does that coont?

Naw. 

Imagine the audacity, in this day and age, indicating that any idiot that attends has a more relevant opinion that anyone who's watched almostvevery game.

Especially being downgraded againt elvis. 🤣🤣🤣

Oh, I'll no see tonight's game, be getting the head down as I'm up at 2:30 tomorrow morning.

Please forgive me. 🙄

Edited by faraway saint