St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL PREMIERSHIP 16/12/23

shull

42 minutes ago, W6er said:

Personally, I'm not overly bothered about the stickers. However, damaging seats is bampot behaviour. 

M’Well will be billed for the damage/clean up so the fans are just costing their own club money

There was a much larger police presence at the game than normal   

Edited by HSS

I've never particularly liked Motherwell as a club and set of supporters.  This "Block E" mob come across as aggressive wee tadgers.

The pyros make look bright and "cool" to some people but I can live without them.  People with asthma can be affected by them and the chemicals that are in them are getting released into the atmosphere.

I think a lot of people forgot how to behave during the covid lockdowns and we're seeing a lot more "tadgery" behaviour than ever.

I left the ground thinking the Well fans were a credit to their club. They sang the whole game and really backed their team. There's nothing wrong with being passionate. I wonder whether a safer alternative to the flares could be found, like glow sticks? 

Vandalism and physical aggression is where the line is crossed. That is clearly unacceptable. 

12 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Derek Adams was slagging off the generally poor standard of Scottish football on Sportscene and said that the team he left in the English second division (Morecambe) was "a hundred times better" than his current team in the top flight of Scottish football. He was obviously including the Buddies in his criticism since we just played Ross County last week.

Dead man walking....  i am sure Robbo would take us to beat them

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Dead man walking....  i am sure Robbo would take us to beat them

I think he could be out of a job this week, it’s not a good look. Adams is legendary for not accepting his share of the responsibility.

The fact that’s he’s returned for a third stint is self explanatory.

Robbo wasn’t grumbling about the concession of a late goal in Dingly Dell a couple of weeks ago. That’s football ️ 

50 minutes ago, W6er said:

I left the ground thinking the Well fans were a credit to their club. They sang the whole game and really backed their team. There's nothing wrong with being passionate. I wonder whether a safer alternative to the flares could be found, like glow sticks? 

Vandalism and physical aggression is where the line is crossed. That is clearly unacceptable. 

Here's a solution from Croatia. 

FB_IMG_1702807911783.jpg.6e25b19c74ab679839ee4edeedd108e7.jpg

Just now, beyond our ken said:

O hard is still the best player at the club 

something has affected him and while he needs to work through it himself he doesn’t need the shitroll of comments seen recently on these  pages

Who? 

I'm also not a fan of getting on players backs but it seems to me more disappointment rather than harsh criticism. 

14 hours ago, W6er said:

Utter nonsense. We have five internationals. I know Baccus played at Wembley against England and also played against Argentina in the World Cup, where he acquitted himself well. How many English 4th tier teams can say that? 

My post or Adams' comments?

I was only quoting what he said on camera but I don't agree with what he was saying - probably in the heat of the moment.

However, because of the resources disparity between clubs in Scotland, most games are set up with the 'poorer' club 'keeping their shape' and making themselves difficult to beat. There are 5 or 6 clubs who are considerably better off than the rest and the result is most games are one-sided and relatively boring to watch. The emphasis at most Scottish clubs is on defence and holding the midfield.

It is only when these same 5 or 6 clubs play in Europe that they get found out because often the boot is on the other foot and the opposing teams are actually primed to playing attacking football, without necessarily leaving themselves open at the back.

After all, when was the last time Scotland produced an international class forward?

28 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

My post or Adams' comments?

I was only quoting what he said on camera but I don't agree with what he was saying - probably in the heat of the moment.

However, because of the resources disparity between clubs in Scotland, most games are set up with the 'poorer' club 'keeping their shape' and making themselves difficult to beat. There are 5 or 6 clubs who are considerably better off than the rest and the result is most games are one-sided and relatively boring to watch. The emphasis at most Scottish clubs is on defence and holding the midfield.

It is only when these same 5 or 6 clubs play in Europe that they get found out because often the boot is on the other foot and the opposing teams are actually primed to playing attacking football, without necessarily leaving themselves open at the back.

After all, when was the last time Scotland produced an international class forward?

Adams' comments. Sorry, I thought that was clear. I was irritated by the person you commented; it was a perfectly good post which I will like now, if I haven't already done so. :) 

15 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Both teams played better against the wind - I lost count of the number of times passes were overhit especially by Motherwell.

Derek Adams was slagging off the generally poor standard of Scottish football on Sportscene and said that the team he left in the English second division (Morecambe) was "a hundred times better" than his current team in the top flight of Scottish football. He was obviously including the Buddies in his criticism since we just played Ross County last week.

I've not seen his comments on Sportscene yet,  But what a statement to make about Scottish Football when 7 of his starting 11 and 2 of his 3 subs.. come from that tier of English football... hopefully someone pointed that out to him 

Wouldn't it be great if he meets a true Scottish team in Raith Rovers with 10 outfield Scottish players and a Polish Goalkeeper and his team get their arse kicked in fact the Scottish cup would be even better as I hope Raith win the championship 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

I've not seen his comments on Sportscene yet,  But what a statement to make about Scottish Football when 7 of his starting 11 and 2 of his 3 subs.. come from that tier of English football... hopefully someone pointed that out to him 

Wouldn't it be great if he meets a true Scottish team in Raith Rovers with 10 outfield Scottish players and a Polish Goalkeeper and his team get their arse kicked in fact the Scottish cup would be even better as I hope Raith win the championship 

I concur whole heartedly. With the caveat that their pitch is refused entry unless they regrass it.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I concur whole heartedly. With the caveat that their pitch is refused entry unless they regrass it.

This is a good point....Raith would get 600 k for winning championship so they only need to find 2m to be possibly compliant.... but they are a joy to watch