St Mirren v Sevco 2012 SPFL PREMIERSHIP 27/1/24

shull

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Much to be pleased about...Scott looks a find...Gogic was immense... on this we are 5th best in Scotland... and hopefully will prove this v Hibs next

Scott is a quality addition and we only have because of the influence Robbo has on him. Young guy who has lost his way a touch but he will get back to his best under Robbo and then we have a real talent

A rather less painful result than usual against Rangers, and we made a game of it in the second half but lack of a goal scorer as said earlier will ultimately cost us dear. Scott looked promising and Gogic was best man on the park but I cannot understand Robinson persisting with Ayunga. Maybe Scott will take his place, I sincerely hope so, as lack of pace, inability to trap a ball and jumping with divers boots on ,combined with minimal effort do not make for a footballer. A few of the teams near us have some games in hand and we could find our fifth place vanishing very soon if this awful form continues. Vast improvement required. 

51 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

A rather less painful result than usual against Rangers, and we made a game of it in the second half but lack of a goal scorer as said earlier will ultimately cost us dear. Scott looked promising and Gogic was best man on the park but I cannot understand Robinson persisting with Ayunga. Maybe Scott will take his place, I sincerely hope so, as lack of pace, inability to trap a ball and jumping with divers boots on ,combined with minimal effort do not make for a footballer. A few of the teams near us have some games in hand and we could find our fifth place vanishing very soon if this awful form continues. Vast improvement required. 

Definately needing a change of luck to arrest our current form

Since we hammered Fakes 4-0 at the end of October we have won only 3 league games in the last 3 months - and uncharacteristically some poor home results ...

Still trust in Robbo and hope things change with the new signings 🤞🤞

19 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

We haven’t had a proven goal scorer since Saint Mark of Yardley.  He was ok in top League, wonder how he would fair now? No weight line jokes, please.

11 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

We haven’t had a proven goal scorer since Saint Mark of Yardley.  He was ok in top League, wonder how he would fair now? No weight line jokes, please.

Whit?

Yardley IIRC played one season in the top division (admittedly as a winger by Hendrix 😂)

27 appearances 4 league goals 

Thommo played a number of seasons as a striker in top flight and scored 13 league goals in his each of his first three seasons. Notably shite at penalties though!

Edited by Albanian Buddy

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Whit?

Yardley IIRC played one season in the top division (admittedly as a winger by Hendrix 😂)

27 appearances 4 league goals 

Thommo played a number of seasons as a striker in top flight and scored 13 league goals in his each of his first three seasons. Notably shite at penalties though!

And then there is Higdon

and Morgan

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Whit?

Tom Hendrie was perhaps smoking weed when he decided to play the thief Paeslack and Yardley as wingers and Quitongo as the centre forward…….

Damn autocorrect 😂 

Tom Hendrie was perhaps smoking weed when he decided to play the thief Paeslack and Yardley as wingers and Quitongo as the centre forward…….
Damn autocorrect [emoji23] 
If I remember correctly he played 3-4-3

Was it not that he wanted the midfield wingers to cross it to the back post to Paeslack or Yardley who he thought would beat the full backs in the air.

Rather than them being wingers.

46 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

If I remember correctly he played 3-4-3

Was it not that he wanted the midfield wingers to cross it to the back post to Paeslack or Yardley who he thought would beat the full backs in the air.

Rather than them being wingers.

Whatever it was it never worked. It was  mental. Losing Mendes prior to the start of the season made TH’s head wobble.