Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/3/24

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

This generations Ham**rby? Worse?

One game in a long season. Losing to Killie is countered by winning away at Aberdeen.

Losing to the Swedish mob in the 2nd round of the UEFA Cup. In my opinion cannot compare. Next round would have been against FC Koln of Germany. 

IMG_8255.thumb.jpeg.d36146cf5ccae88d4e1f562f4568b268.jpeg

The 2010 LC Final was the worst experience in my lifetime as there was a major domestic honour (against an OF side) at stake which trumps the UEFA cup loss. 

Gretna in the Scottish Cup.

That was extremely disappointing and led to an angry drive back up the M74.

I should have known better.

Never learn

1 hour ago, shull said:

Losing three late goals at Boghead in the 1990s was a bummer also.

Just St Mirren being St Mirren

Letting us down since 1877

I remember that one very well. 3 goals lost in around 10 minutes after an Eddie Gallagher hat trick . John McDonald scored the Sons equaliser. Worse than a defeat!

5 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

One game in a long season. Losing to Killie is countered by winning away at Aberdeen.

Losing to the Swedish mob in the 2nd round of the UEFA Cup. In my opinion cannot compare. Next round would have been against FC Koln of Germany. 

The 2010 LC Final was the worst experience in my lifetime as there was a major domestic honour (against an OF side) at stake which trumps the UEFA cup loss. 

We should look on the positive side as maybe it was a blessing when you see who was their Goalkeeper  :zipit   one of our player could have been killed 

Edited by portmahomack saint

11 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

That was a sore one - 

Also recall opening game of 1992/93 season in 1st Division after our relegation 

Starks Park against Raith and we were 3-0 down inside 40 mins  

Turned to my mates and stupidly said " at least the 2nd half can't get any worse " 

Little did I know as we capitulated 7-0 😪😪😪

3 hours ago, CraigyBoy said:

That was a sore one - 

Also recall opening game of 1992/93 season in 1st Division after our relegation 

Starks Park against Raith and we were 3-0 down inside 40 mins  

Turned to my mates and stupidly said " at least the 2nd half can't get any worse " 

Little did I know as we capitulated 7-0 😪😪😪

I’d come up from London especially to go to that match with a cousin.

Despite it being pleasant summery weather, it was a long dreich road back to Paisley… and a sullen southern journey on the Sunday.  😞