Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/3/24

After the dramatic, understatement  :lol:, finish yesterday a massive game coming up in a couple of weeks.

A win here and we'll have daylight between us and Killie.

Getting close to the split and every point is critical. 

Killies home form is very similar to ours but, surprisingly, our away form is better than many would have thought, not great but sitting in middle of the pack is reasonable. 

AWAY FORM LEAGUE TABLE

image.png.b3c96c45c60349f746a526ecaa0e877d.png

Edited by faraway saint

• faraway saint changed the title to Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/3/24

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Ever present Lewis Mayo sent off yesterday, straight red, will he be suspended for this game with them playing in the cup next week?

Is the rule not that the suspension is in the next match in the competition they were sent off ?

Edited by stlucifer

19 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Mayo is currently suspended for our game at Killie 

They have appealed the red card so he may play 

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t think they have a hope of winning that appeal . 

From about 52 minutes in the Sportscene report…

”He practically has Tiffany in a headlock!”

Sounds tough to deny….  😀

16 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t think they have a hope of winning that appeal . 

I didn't watch that game on Sportscene, so I'll take your word for it

McInnes seems very combative about it so it maybe emphasises the impact of him not playing..

On another note, I think the 2 week break is a good reset for us and we will be close to full strength for the first time in months.  The game against Killie is massive for us (as is away to Motherwell) at this point as we will need a cushion going into the last 2 pre-split games.  We should beat Motherwell if we can beat Killie, who are away at Tynecastle that day and at best looking at a point there, and I'd say that Killie have 2 very winnable fixtures in their last 2 pre-split games.  I'd like to think we have the beating of Hearts at least once every season but a point in that one would do.  If we can go into the split with a 3-6 point cushion over Killie then we really only need to beat them one more time and I'm guessing that the post-split game will be in Paisley.

30 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think it was 52 minutes into Sportscene that the foul occurred… if anyone wants to be arsed, watching. 🫤

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

McInnes seems very combative about it so it maybe emphasises the impact of him not playing..

On another note, I think the 2 week break is a good reset for us and we will be close to full strength for the first time in months.  The game against Killie is massive for us (as is away to Motherwell) at this point as we will need a cushion going into the last 2 pre-split games.  We should beat Motherwell if we can beat Killie, who are away at Tynecastle that day and at best looking at a point there, and I'd say that Killie have 2 very winnable fixtures in their last 2 pre-split games.  I'd like to think we have the beating of Hearts at least once every season but a point in that one would do.  If we can go into the split with a 3-6 point cushion over Killie then we really only need to beat them one more time and I'm guessing that the post-split game will be in Paisley.

Just said exactly the same thing to my mate about the break being a good thing for us. It also gives us the opportunity to bask in the glow of Saturday for an extra week too. 🤣

Killie game is huge. Hope we take a monster away support down there which there’s every chance we will. 

Re the Hearts game, I’m hoping we’ve got the beating of them more than one time a season, because we’ve already beaten them once! 😄

I'm going to this as well, first away game I will have managed this season. Looking forward to it, still a terrible pitch and they have been decent lately but I don't think we will lose. The break will do us good hopefully and get some fitness back into our returning players 👍

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just said exactly the same thing to my mate about the break being a good thing for us. It also gives us the opportunity to bask in the glow of Saturday for an extra week too. 🤣

Killie game is huge. Hope we take a monster away support down there which there’s every chance we will. 

Re the Hearts game, I’m hoping we’ve got the beating of them more than one time a season, because we’ve already beaten them once! 😄

I could have worded that better, playing them at home will be a big leveller as we folded at Tynecastle.  Winning v Killie, Well and Hearts will be a dream end to this phase  and the likelihood is we will get to beat Hibs again after the split.  All of a sudden, 4th is becoming a real possibility.

On 3/3/2024 at 2:57 PM, beyond our ken said:

Mayo is currently suspended for our game at Killie 

They have appealed the red card so he may play 

Mayo lost his appeal today 

58 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Kilmarnock have now opened their bottom tier in the away end with most folk I know still to buy their tickets myself included could be looking at 3000+ 

When was the last time we took over 3K fans to a League match  ? ?  

a quick review of notable away defeats should yield the answer?

Being serious, it will be a really long time ago.  I think we were short of the 3000 mark at Motherwell for the big escape.  WE didn't get near that number of tickets for the play-off v United.  Maybe we had that number at Easter road for the championship escape season but I doubt it.

The current grounds with a physical capacity for 3000 away fans are very few.  Maybe Aberdeen,  up until a few years ago Tynecastle, Easter road but we never sold out the whole away end the last time we got it.  If it has happened in the last 25 years then it could only have been at Motherwell or Killie and if it didn't happen then?  Well my best guess is the 80s at one of the Glasgow piggeries or in Edinburgh. 

Edited by beyond our ken

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Kilmarnock have now opened their bottom tier in the away end with most folk I know still to buy their tickets myself included could be looking at 3000+ 

When was the last time we took over 3K fans to a League match  ? ?  

The Great Escape

Fir Park 2007

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

The game I remember that we had our biggest away support at a league game was at Pittodrie 1980 when we filled one end behind the goal,  There must be a few on here who were at that game 

We were all in the Paddock End of Pittodrie.

We all had great expectations from our marvellous team.

Unfortunately, another disappointing day. ( Lost 2-0)

Been many of those disappointments since 1877.

1 hour ago, Clueless said:

Clydebank. The Christmas day game and also the first game there in the Premier. Both games we had over 3k.  

Indeed, a great support that famous festive day. Always had more than decent followings at New Kilbowie Park.

1 minute ago, shull said:

29/4/72

Well over 3000 Saints fans at Boghead as we beat Dumbarton 2-1 in front of a near 9000 attendance .

Both Clubs vying for promotion.

Alas, we never achieved it that season.

The Sons won the league.

Borland scored the winner that day sending all us buddies crazy on the terraces.

Another one above.