So Farewell Then.. Cilla

yani

A British entertainment legend, no doubt. I read her autobiography a few years ago. The first half was a brilliant read with tales of Liverpool, the 60s and the Beatles. Some great tales. The middle bit was all about her glory days as the Queen of teatime TV, and the latter part saw her very bitter as her shows had the plug pulled on them. I don't think she took too well to the shifting sands under her feet and she came over as being very Billy Big Baws - how dare they axe my shows, don't they know I'm Cilla the Queen of light entertainment...

Anyway... for a long while she really was the Queen of light entertainment, fair do's.

RIP.

Wow.

THAT death make me feel auld.... ohmy.png

Thoroughly enjoyed her singing back in the day - never got into the tv stuff...

Lorra lorra condolences.

I always thought her TV stuff was far better than her singing

Sang through her nose and was a girl at the right place at the right time

She had a good man at her side and he kept her in the public eye

Always had a soft spot for Cilla. Had my first snog to "Anyone who had a heart" at a Primary 7 leaving party, given by one of my school pals parents who were happy for us pre-pubescent youngsters to have several games of postman's knock. personally I had been hoping for Coalman's Knock, much the same only dirtier. I'll get my coat................................ but RIP Cilla.

Even sadder................

Cilla Black died of a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa, her sons have confirmed.

The 72-year-old was sunbathing on her private terrace at her villa in Estepona when she got up, lost her balance and fell.

A post-mortem examination revealed she was knocked unconscious and died of a stroke.

She would not have suffered, a family statement added.

Even sadder................

Cilla Black died of a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa, her sons have confirmed.

The 72-year-old was sunbathing on her private terrace at her villa in Estepona when she got up, lost her balance and fell.

A post-mortem examination revealed she was knocked unconscious and died of a stroke.

She would not have suffered, a family statement added.

She was listening to the radio and heard St Mirren signed a striker.

RIP Pricilla.

I know there's an old saying, "De mortuis nihil nisi bonum" , but, as far as her singing "talent" was concerned, it was minimal at best. She sounded more part of the kop than top of the pops.

Aye, it was more herring gull than Liver Bird. Terrible voice.

That one and Step Inside Love are my favourites of hers . As I recall , before she became a tv presenter something happened to her voice . She was never a looker but she had charisma . .

If I recall correctly the rumour was she had a nose job. One of the first reported I believe.

A voice transplant might have been more apt though.