St Mirren V Queen Of The South Championship 12/3/16

shull

FT 2-1

Second half was certainly more entreating than the first. Thought we deserved to edge it. 9 points out of 12 from QOTS is certainly a good return over the season. Probably the only team we can say that about unfortunately.

It all transpired in an action packed 5 minutes around the hour mark. Firstly Gallaghers deflected shot is trundling in when Shankland decides to do a shiter goal snatch. He's rightly given offside and the goal is chopped off, absolute nightmare from him.

Then, rather predictably, QOTS run up the park and score. Cross headed in back post unchallenged.

Then we run up the park and score again. Some nice play by Cooper and a nice finish from Callum Tapping, cheers fella, gave your own keeper no chance. After that there was chances to both teams, but I think 2-1 was a fair reflection.

Last 5 home games, 4 wins and a draw. Superb form in Paisley, quite the turn around. Shame it doesn't mean anything. Mid table mediocrity for both of us, see you next season Doonhamers.

Edited by TopCat

Solid win and good work rate from everyone. I know he gets a bit of stick at times, but I think Gow coming on changed the tempo of the game and thought he bossed the area between midfield and up front. Gave the ball away once or twice, but also had some very good touches and unlucky not to score with his volley. Webster was excellent at the back, and wouldn't really single anyone out as having played poorly. 5th place should be our aim now unless Raith collapse, which is unlikely.