Ian Harte Agrees to sign but changes mind!!!

well according to my interpretation of the info available on him,

1. he is left sided

2. he is a recognised left back

3. he has considerable international experience

4. he has always played to a decent level

5. he is quite a hardy character

6. he wants to play football

7. he was wanted by the east end tramps , who were wanting to pat £2m for him about 2 years ago

8. he is a terrific striker of free kicks

9. he is surely capable of playing at SPL level

10. he is of sound mind

whats the problem here <_<

ticks a lot of boxes , could be a great signing , begs the question , just what went on in the Jacuzzi at Greenhill today :rolleyes:

:thumbs2

kenny dalglish ticks all those boxes shall we sign him?

Scanlon is right about him being terrible defensively. However, if he can improve our threat from set pieces he'll do well for us. :)

Harte does get shown up now and then by his complete lack of pace but that doesn't make him a defensive nightmare - bear in mind the kind of rubbish he'll be faced with in the SPL as compared to what he's used to. Think Danny Invincible would hold many fears for St Mirren's latest international?

Just had a look through some of the Blackpool match reports. Apparently he was a key player in their recent 2-0 victory over Birmingham. He is still described as lacking pace. One of the players he was competing with who is returning to fitness is Stephen Crainey - not a bad player from memory. He whips in a good corner from the right and when he's played most of the attacking action seems to take place down the left. All very encouraging. You would hope his experience will have countered the lack of pace by now. :)

harte hasnae gone doonhill leeds to st.mirren he soon realise this is a high ppoint in his career

i was at the game with two dublin lads on saturday and they were saying we were lacking someone good on set plays

.every one at my work today thought harte will be a good player for st.mirren in the spl , there are loads of defenders in scotland getting good reviews and have no pace either wilkie!!! for example

good luck to harte he's got a good few years left.

another waste of space along with smith viduka,bowywer,harte theyve all went downhill.

I'd take any of themin our team right now, every day of the week. For your above post, I think we can all ignore the stuff you're posting about Harte :lol:

Let's be honest, in our team we've got the likes of John Potter, Jim Hamilton, Dennis Wyness. All as slow as a week in the jail. None of them have played in a higher level than the SPL.

This guy's got 64 caps for a better international team in recent years than Scotland, and played in the Champions League and the English Premier League.

How the hell can anyone say he looks anything other than a fantastic signing?!

He left Blackpool because they couldn't afford him. Not because he's past. His experience could be vital. Of course he could fail, but if players like Steven Pressley can still play at this level, then I think he'll be fine. Most of us would be in uproar if he signed for another SPL team.

Well Gus obviously wanted a left back and he has went out and got one. A player with a bit of a pedigree as well so welcome aboard Ian. Could be a good signing so ill cross my fingers and give him a chance

:)

A fit Ian Harte, Harte, Harte would be a great acquistion with his experience, goalscoring ability for a full back and his set piece delivery. Its just a shame that we have a team of midgets who from memory, have not scored a goal via a free kick or a corner kick all season. In fact we have barely win a header in the opposition penalty box.

Now signing Kevin Kyle along with Ian Harte would have been a real signal of intent and sent out a warning to the bottom 6 and 2 or 3 of the top 6 SPL teams also.