Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

No.

Got a feeling that JJ is in need of some pampers to get him through the transfer window. Keep it together young sir, all will work itself out.

no pampers as of yet but as usual we lose all our best players and i have a feeling we are going to struggle to get players in, same old.

i hope your right but i cant see it, its got the same feeling as every other season so far.

We've just signed Steven Thompson who was scoring inthe EPL and Championship in recent seasons?

No disrespect to big Wardlaw or McQuade, but this is hardly on a par with last season, much less every other.

Edited by Drew

Duffy played 8 games in 2010 due to injury i assume. And only 7 games since january with Hibs because of injury. And 18 games between 06/07. His goalscoring record is crap anyway.

Is he better than Barrowman? If it all turns to a shitefest next season, it may all come down to us signng marginally better players.

Darryl Duffy would be a great signing. C'mon Danny get to it.:)

Perhaps you should go onto P&B with that quote and put it to Hibs fans!

I think the response would be pretty obvious! Duffy was a promising player at Falkirk but has lost his way through injury and would be a massive gamble which could be a load of money down the drain , not worth the gamble.

Duffy played 8 games in 2010 due to injury i assume. And only 7 games since january with Hibs because of injury. And 18 games between 06/07. His goalscoring record is crap anyway.

Picking up one injury a few months ago is a bit different from being 'injury prone'. Injury prone players don't make 250 career appearances before their 27th birthday.

Here's his crap goalscoring record:

04/05 - 27 goals in 1st division (Falkirk)

05/06 - 9 goals in SPL; 3 goals in Championship (Falkirk; Hull)

06/07 - 1 goal in Championship; 5 goals in League 1; 5 goals in League 2 (Hull; Hartlepool; Swansea)

07/08 - 2 goals in League 1 (Swansea)

08/09 - 14 goals in League 1 (Bristol Rovers)

09/10 - 7 goals in League 1 (Bristol Rovers)

10/11 - 0 goals

Last season didn't work out for him, but he's consistently scored goals at a good level. Actually amazing how many he has managed to score, because he hasn't had the chance to settle anywhere.

We're kidding ourselves on if we think the likes of Hasselbaink, Barrowman or McAllister are better options than Duffy. Guy's got a good pedigree and would be a good signing for most SPL clubs. He only made 4 starts for Hibs FFS; hardly fair to look at that and ignore the rest of his career.

What about a comparison to Steven Thompson? Thompson's 5 years older and has scored 89 career goals; Duffy has 73.

Edited by Julian Banjos

Picking up one injury a few months ago is a bit different from being 'injury prone'. Injury prone players don't make 250 career appearances before their 27th birthday.

Here's his crap goalscoring record:

04/05 - 27 goals in 1st division (Falkirk)

05/06 - 9 goals in SPL; 3 goals in Championship (Falkirk; Hull)

06/07 - 1 goal in Championship; 5 goals in League 1; 5 goals in League 2 (Hull; Hartlepool; Swansea)

07/08 - 2 goals in League 1 (Swansea)

08/09 - 14 goals in League 1 (Bristol Rovers)

09/10 - 7 goals in League 1 (Bristol Rovers)

10/11 - 0 goals

Last season didn't work out for him, but he's consistently scored goals at a good level. Actually amazing how many he has managed to score, because he hasn't had the chance to settle anywhere.

We're kidding ourselves on if we think the likes of Hasselbaink, Barrowman or McAllister are better options than Duffy. Guy's got a good pedigree and would be a good signing for most SPL clubs. He only made 4 starts for Hibs FFS; hardly fair to look at that and ignore the rest of his career.

What about a comparison to Steven Thompson? Thompson's 5 years older and has scored 89 career goals; Duffy has 73.

So how many goals is that in 177 games?

Also Thompson has played constantly at a better level Prem and Championship :blink:

Edited by blackandwhite saints