Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

20 hours ago, Slarti said:

"A" pattern still continues, just not the same one.  You just drop the cup bit and now it's "Win and keep a clean sheet against teams not from Glasgow."  If we win against Livi but don't keep a clean sheet then the pattern becomes "Win against teams not from Glasgow.  If we draw it becomes "Only lose against teams from Glasgow."  Etc.

The whole point was to show Elvis' pattern stuff up for the nonsense it is.  You can find "a pattern" in almost any set of results.

The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see Samson has left Aberdeen and joined Hibs as their new GK coach, with Aberdeen ready to announce his replacement. Hopefully not Clangers , as he seems to play an important part with us ?

If we can't get Kwon back how about trying for another Celtic central midfielder . I think Odin Thiago Holm could be a good shout as a replacement for Baccuss. He's one year into a five year contract and go minimal playing time last season. Very highly rated and may be swayed by the chance of European football. Albeit we might fail to progress.

10 hours ago, stlucifer said:

If we can't get Kwon back how about trying for another Celtic central midfielder . I think Odin Thiago Holm could be a good shout as a replacement for Baccuss. He's one year into a five year contract and go minimal playing time last season. Very highly rated and may be swayed by the chance of European football. Albeit we might fail to progress.

Given what I've read regarding Oisin Smyth's style of play, we already have a replacement for Baccus.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, John Meiksy said:

New centre half hopefully in place by Monday or Tuesday according to SR in the Herald.

Hopefully, would also like to see another centre forward, 

his record seems to show he starts well at a club and gets let go relatively quickly.  Fitness is usually at the heart of that kind of record so he suits the template of recent signings who do well-ish for us but would be playing well above our level were they fitter and more durable