Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Guest somner9

That's a f**kin bonus. A seat at SMP that disnae face the pitch.

I wid even pay extra for my Season Ticket.

Aye You cannae see 'Aw' the shite from that seat, but you can still smell it!

The Final Tier Tax Tribunal has reported.

From skimpy glance ICBINR was guilty of paying wages to players outwith their contracts.

As RTC tweeted:

Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase

Remuneration Trust represent emoluments… No appeal allowed!

And here's the thing to read yourselves... :rolleyes:

If you so desire...

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/judgmentfiles/j6851/TC02372.pdf

So... how many 3-0 defeats is that, Sir?

And how many trophies would you like me to strike off?

Interesting. :)

The Final Tier Tax Tribunal has reported.

From skimpy glance ICBINR was guilty of paying wages to players outwith their contracts.

As RTC tweeted:

Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase

Remuneration Trust represent emoluments… No appeal allowed!

And here's the thing to read yourselves... rolleyes.gif

If you so desire...

http://www.financean...851/TC02372.pdf

So... how many 3-0 defeats is that, Sir?

And how many trophies would you like me to strike off?

Interesting. smile.png

All my mates who follow the deceased team from Govan are saying there no case to answer. Innocent, i'm confused

That's what i'm hearing too.

The orcs are rejoicing

I find the whole 'orcs are rejoicing' a bit bemusing to be honest. If it was me I'd be absolutely raging. Lets face it, if DM thought they were in with a chance of winning the BTC then he most likely wouldn't have struck a deal with Whyte (I'm still not convinced that he didn't know wee Craig's plans all along if not the details).

If he'd stuck to his guns it's highly likely they wouldn't be playing in the 3rd as a new club and would still be old rangers.

Either way its still hilarious for all us watching on - and I'm hoping for news from HMRC about the loans being recalled by the liquidators.

What do they have to rejoice about? unsure.png

Rangers/ICBINR has been liquidated (due to the huge debts run up by SDM through a bank that we taxpayers rescued!), despite trying on the delaying tactic of FTTT, which has currently arrived at a contentious split decision. By going down that road, no one but wee Craigy would buy the club - for a £1.00. That has worked out well for them, eh?

Then there's the wee tax case - guilty and accepted as such by ICBINR - And then there's last year's non-payment to HMRC of deducted tax and NI. Still extant but irrelevant as that club doesn't exist to be charged.

The tribunal judgement extensively notes side-letters to players and non- disclosure to the football authorities - which is the BIG penalty, as I mentioned in my above post.

And I would guess that those who were gifted these 'EBT Loan facilities' can now be awaiting a knock from HMRC to pay the tax due on them if ICBINR can wriggle out of it.

And so they'll either stump up all the tax owed.... or they'll produce their side-letters proving they didn't need to pay tax and that this was all taken care of as part of their wage. And this will simply help confirm that ICBINR were cheating the rules of Scottish fitba.

In the last couple of weeks Walter Smitty, Groan Souness and others have emerged from the woodwork, fully aware that this decision was about to be announced. They have had time to get in their first tackles heavily and, of course, they will be doing it hard and trying to wound their opponents.

They will claim/have claimed to have been completely exonerated by the FTTT decision.

"Well, they would, wouldn't they?"... as a famous 1960's prostitute said about the claims of innocence of her erstwhile clients. There is little difference in what the orcs are being told about the innocence of their heroes, from what Mandy Rice-Davies pointed out about her clients.

I can fully understand them wanting to believe in their heroes, Chuck Green and the tooth fairy, but really...?

What do they have to rejoice about? unsure.png

Edited by bluto

I find the whole 'orcs are rejoicing' a bit bemusing to be honest. If it was me I'd be absolutely raging. Lets face it, if DM thought they were in with a chance of winning the BTC then he most likely wouldn't have struck a deal with Whyte (I'm still not convinced that he didn't know wee Craig's plans all along if not the details).

If he'd stuck to his guns it's highly likely they wouldn't be playing in the 3rd as a new club and would still be old rangers.

Either way its still hilarious for all us watching on - and I'm hoping for news from HMRC about the loans being recalled by the liquidators.

ICBINR wre broke. Losing £10m a year.

Murray (and his company) had huge loans from the banks that the taxpayer stepped in to rescue. He'd been trying to offload ICBINR to anyone who'd take it for years.

His guns were firing blanks. A newco has been finagled into SFL3. The Oldco was run into the ground.

I don't think its quite a victory for the oldco. They HAVE been found guilt of tax avoidance just not in the majority of cases. The actually amounts are not disclosed. It is quite possible that if only a few high earners are guilty then the actual tax exposure could still be considerable. Further more HMRC are likely to appeal. (I suspect that they will want to knock this for dead, also this involves MIH as well as Rangers). And the fact that the they have demonstrated that the scheme was illegally operated in some cases but that documentation for the rest has not been found (shredding machines any one) suggests that there is at least a good chance of a successful out come.

Bluto is right BDO are effectively oldco now and can appoint who they like to be trustees of the fund. The trustees can then call in all loans. This is likely to happen in my opinion.

Once ex-players are being asked to return monies then you might find all kinds of paperwork coming out of the woodwork.

What is clear is that at least some of the players had dual contracts. And that comes back to striping trophies.

For newco, its irrelevant. They are still likely to loose money this year and possibly go under again,

I agree - perfect analysis..... almost completely. smile.png

However...

I wouldn't stripe any of the trophies, cos I think they are quite nice, them being shiny and all silverish. I might think of stripping trophies mind ye...

And I also share your belief that newco is doomed. Mainly cos they have NO loose money to lose....

Apologies - been at a beer shop and the latent pedant escapes when I do that. smile.png

ETA: Beer also buggers up yer spelling - need to take far too long typing and retyping...

The Oldco was guilty of not playing by the rules of Scottish fitba, and the ramifications from that have yet to play out.

Sevco are a new irrelevance. They have no attachment to that old history in any way.

The Oldco will doubtless, in due course, be stripped of its tainted titles. Unless the administrators of the Scottish game are in some way compromised and not to be trusted to follow the RULES?

Edited by bluto

I don't really care how their learned Lordships found it.

What Rangers done was at best bending the rules, and at worst cheating. These concepts are not welcome in the sporting environment.

To my mind they were, are and always will be untrustworthy cheats. Close them down forever.

Guest somner9

Letter from Queen Liz the second to the Orcs:

Sorry n'that, always knew yooz wus'nae guilty o' thieving ma gelt. sorry i hud tae get ra boys tae malky yooz intae liquidation, n'that, still at least yiv won a few games noo, and yir in a league yiz can cope wae. nae hard feelings then orcs, eh?

aw ra best to yooz 'Ra peepul'

Love Liz

P.S. I'll be sending ra boys roon to collect on aw thay EBT loans noo, ya tax doging bassas!

A lot of media witterings this morning regarding the tribunal finding. It seems Minty was harassed by the taxman into selling to Whyte for a quid. Had the tax case not been hanging over the club, they would all have lived happily ever after.

Er....no.

If Murray was confident that he'd done no wrong, why didn't he tough it out? He was looking for the opportunity to cut and run in any event.

This isn't a victory. Underhand tax avoidance in order to gain an advantage in sport is much like doping to me. Rangers weren't content with a level playing field and cheated in order to bolster their position. The findings of the tribunal are pretty academic, in many respects.

I agree - perfect analysis..... almost completely. smile.png

However...

I wouldn't stripe any of the trophies, cos I think they are quite nice, them being shiny and all silverish. I might think of stripping trophies mind ye...

And I also share your belief that newco is doomed. Mainly cos they have NO loose money to lose....

Apologies - been at a beer shop and the latent pedant escapes when I do that. smile.png

In that case you must be constantly pissed, you utterly pretentious fúcking wanker.

Bluto is right BDO are effectively oldco now and can appoint who they like to be trustees of the fund. The trustees can then call in all loans. This is likely to happen in my opinion.

Once ex-players are being asked to return monies then you might find all kinds of paperwork coming out of the woodwork.

But the EBTs weren't handed out by the OldCo, they were handed out by an independent trust (as pointed out in the decision) and therefore can only be recalled by the trust, not by the liquidators.....although I'm hoping there is some way around it.

Blue Vermin ( deceased ) and Newcunto F.C. Supporter's Chief, John MacMillan says ...

' MAYBE NOW RANGERS FANS WILL GET A FEW APOLOGIES FROM OUR RIVALS '

There you are Buddies.

Who's gonnae say sorry first ?

Edited by shull

Guest somner9

Blue Vermin ( deceased ) and Newcunto F.C. Supporter's Chief, John MacMillan says ...

' MAYBE NOW RANGERS FANS WILL GET A FEW APOLOGIES FROM OUR RIVALS '

There you are Buddies.

Who's gonnae say sorry first ?

Shull to be fair I think the guy means Elgin, Stirling Albion, Annan and Peterhead fans...etc They are after all their only rivals for Div 3