Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

1 minute ago, HSS said:

I don’t remember it myself but I think it was just where Back Sneddon meets North St 

Like many other buds, I’d walk up North Street and Back Snedd occasionally after games to cross the wee bridge across the cart . Don’t remember seeing this at all.  I’m talking mid - late 70s Era. 

37 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, HSS said:
I don’t remember it myself but I think it was just where Back Sneddon meets North St 

I take it, it was the car/taxi showroom that was at the footbridge.

No,that’s New Sneddon Street

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Just looked at Google maps, can remember there being workshops/factories there and across the road but don't recall the likes with the large showroom windows.

Walked past it loads of times either going to lovestreet, racecourse or high school.

Aye, right, like you went to high school. :lol

5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Like many other buds, I’d walk up North Street and Back Sneddon occasionally after games to cross the wee bridge across the cart . Don’t remember seeing this at all.  I’m talking mid - late 70s Era. 

That was also my route and what we called "shortcut" . Cross footbridge into Wallace Street and  instead of walking straight on to Love Street, turned left at junction of Back Sneddon which is where Irvine Caravan Showroom was exactly before turning into North Street. Later became a Plumber Merchants.

15 minutes ago, hamlet said:

That was also my route and what we called "shortcut" . Cross footbridge into Wallace Street and  instead of walking straight on to Love Street, turned left at junction of Back Sneddon which is where Irvine Caravan Showroom was exactly before turning into North Street. Later became a Plumber Merchants.

Did you not turn right at the junction?Left would take you up towards the station